Status: Updates are as frequent as possible.

American Soldier

California Here We Are

The next morning after we took advantage of the free breakfast provided by the hotel, we continued on our journey to Calfornia. There was many miles to go but if I thought everything right we should hit California around four in the afternoon. I drove on only stopping for gas and getting something for us to snack on while we were on the road. By four, we crossed the California state line. Payge was looking out the window at the new scenery we would be calling home. During the night when Payge was sleeping, I got online and checked out apartments for a good and decent price but most of them were expensive. I had checked one more time and found some very cheap apartment complexes that were fully furnished in Huntington Beach so that's where we're headed.

By the time we reached Huntington Beach, the sun was going down over the horizon so I got us another hotel for the night that way we could get up early and go to the complex I seen online and make sure it was still available. Hopefully it is and we can get our things moved in that day so we can scope out the area and get some grocery shopping in as well. We took our bags up to the room and I kicked off my shoes. I laid back on the bed getting comfortable as Payge turned on the TV. The news was on and there was nothing about the orphanage that we left behind. I can't believe no one has noticed that we're gone or the money I took from the safe but I was glad. I was not going back there and neither was Payge. There's no way in hell I would ever let us be put back there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The alarm on the clock blared waking me from my sleep. I picked up the clock turning off the annoying beeping and rose up out of bed. I took some clothes from my bag and went into the bathroom to shower. I have a huge day planned out for us today and hopefully there's enough hours in the day to get everything in. After my refreshing shower, I dressed in my nicest pair of jeans and a button up shirt. I left the bathroom with my other clothing and I packed them away.

"Payge, it's time for you to rise and shine." I said shaking her and she opened her eyes.

"How early are you waking me?"

"It's only after ten in the morning." I said and she groaned.

"We have a lot to do today."

"Alright I'm getting up." Payge said sitting up in bed. It took her a few minutes to actually get up on her feet but when she did, she got some of her clothes and headed for the bathroom. She back out minutes later dressed and ready for the day.

She packed away her dirty clothes and we left the hotel room. I gave the key card to the receptionist at the front desk and we went out to my car. We made our way over to the apartment complex next to the beach and it was pretty easy to find. I just hope the grocery store is as easy too. We got out of the car and went into the separate office building. The bell over the door chimed alerting the man at the desk of our arrival.

"Hello and welcome to Beach Front Apartments. How can I help you ladies today?" he asked in a friendly manner. He was an older gentleman who looked to be the age our father would have been.

"Yes sir. I seen on a website that you have a full furninshed apartment that sleeps two adn I was wondering if it's still available."

"It sure is. Are you interesting in renting?" he asked smiling.

"Yes sir."

"Good. Please follow me." he said grabbing a set of key from behind him. He came around the desk and we followed him to the apartment numbered 280. He unlocked the door and I was already liking what I was seeing. The apartment opened up to a good size living room area that had one couch and chair, end tables, coffee table, and a huge entertainment center with High Definition TV. We moved on to the kitchen and in there was a table plus two chairs and enough kitchen equipment to keep anyone happy. When the add said full furnished, it wasnt kidding. The bedrooms had their own baths plus a balcony that overlooked the Pacific Ocean. I could actually say that this apartment was better than our house.

"The down payment is 400 dollars and rent is 130 a month which is collected on the first of every month. Are you still interested in renting?"

"Yes sir. This place is just what I've been looking for. What do you think Payge? Should we take it?" I said turning to her and she nodded rapidly with a smile on her face.

"Good I just need you to sign the lease and you can move in today if you like."

"I was just about to ask you that." I said chuckling. I followed the man down to the office building and I signed everything plus gave him the 400 bucks down. Once I was finished, Payge and I took our things up to our new home. We spent a good two hours getting everything put away in our rooms before heading out to find the grocery store.

Luckily the store was just as easy to find as the apartment complex and I bought a whole array of staple items like spices, coffee, sugar, milk, bread, eggs plus some other food to cook for a few weeks. I think once we get more familiar with the area of Huntington Beach, I'll get us enrolled into the school and then on the weekends I'll go job hunting so I can keep the rent paid for. I am so anxious to start the new life I've worked so hard for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Yes I know its short once again...guys please give me some comments and I'm just about convinced that since no one is commenting that this story isn't worth a shit. Please tell me different if you like it.