Status: Updates are as frequent as possible.

American Soldier

A Better Support System

Work went through effortlessly and now I'm on my way home. How am I supposed to tell Payge that I've signed up for the United States Marine Corp? I racked my brain all through work trying to figure out the best way to tell her but I had drawn an absolute blank. I guess I'll just come right out and tell her. I pulled into my parking space at the apartment complex and got out of the car grabbing my back pack. I went up the short flight of stairs and right into my apartment. Payge was sitting on the couch doing her homework.

"Hey how was work?" Payge asked looking up from the textbook.

"The same as always. Payge, there's something we have to dicuss."

"What's going on?" she asked as I sat down beside her.

"In class today we had a guest speaker. He came in and talked to us about a career that provides money, education in different fields, and teaches people self-disciplin."

"What in the world as you talking about?" She questioned. Well...it's now or never.

"I signed up to be a Marine."

"What the hell are you talking about?" she asked confused.

"Payge...I joined the military." The expression on her face looked to be mixed with confusion and aggitation.

"Why would you do that?!"

"The money Payge. Next year you'll be old enough to get a job and help pay for things around here. I know we have some money in the bank but that's not going to last forever. One day I'm hoping we'll have enough money to byu our own home instead of living here. I'm trying to do what's best for you." I explained.

"So you think leaving me here alone is what's best?"

"You're not going to be alone. You have so many friends that I could ever imagine having." I said but I could still tell she didn't like the idea of being alone but I know she would be just fine.

"I can't deal with this right now. Let me think about what you said before I even give you my opinion." Payge grabbed up her things and quickly went to her room almost slamming the door shut. I lowered my head and I knew she was angry with me for not discussing it with her first but I have to do what I think is best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finished my homework at the kitchen table before putting my things bakc into my bag. The clock on the microwave read that it was passed midnight. I took my bag to my bedroom so I could take a shower before going to bed. The warm water felt so good against my flesh and all the tension seemed to fade away. I finished my shower and dressed into my pajamas. I took my dirty clothes and placed them into a folding clothes basket them laying down in bed. Hopefully Payge will understand that me joining the Marines will benefit us both in the long run.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Part 1 and 2 make up one chapter but I decided to split them up. I thought it would be better that way.