Status: Harry Styles!

Love Just Is

One

There are always those certain things a person notices first about another person. Like maybe their eye color, what color hair they had, what they were wearing, but whatever you notice about a person it always seems to stick out every time you see that person again, even if it’s something as simple as the way you saw them hold themselves or the small whiff of their perfume/cologne. And the first time I noticed Harry Styles I noticed a lot of things. Things that would help him in his quest to ruin my life.

It was a rainy looking, and rather dull, Friday afternoon. I’d just gotten out of my insanely boring, like I wanna bash my face in kind of boring, history lesson and was ready to head back to my flat and pass out, but of course that wasn’t what happened. I’d packed my books into my bag that was strapped across my body while I walked out of the building and down the steps only to get pushed into some guy I’d never met before by someone behind me who seemed to be in a bigger rush than the rest of us. I let out a strangled yelp of sorts not wanting to fall forward and tumble into him, but well when you’re basically pushed down stairs that’s harder said than done, and even harder when you’re already as clumsy as I am without someone’s help.

“Woah. You okay?”

His voice was low and gravelly, and the three words he’d spoken were drawn out but in an oddly attractive sort of way.

“I think so. Thanks for catching me. Means a lot that you didn’t let me hit my face on the stairs.”

“No problem. Wouldn’t want a pretty girl to get hurt because some arse was in a hurry like everyone else on a Friday.”

I smiled at him and noticed so many other things. His eyes were a deep green that suited him well. He had a mess of curls sitting on his head, held out of his face by a headband that looked like similar to a headband that I had, only I never wore it out in public. His lips were a light pink perfectly plum. And when he smiled back I saw his dimples and how deep they folded into his cheeks, which were enough for any girl to go a bit weak in the knees. There were a few other small things I noticed too, like how his pants looked really tight, like tighter than most of mine, but they looked good on him. I noticed how his boots looked like they were about to fall apart yet he was wearing them anyways, and when I finally realized that his hands were still on arms holding me in place I took in how large and perfect they were.

“I’m Harry by the way,”

Hearing his voice again pulled me from my thoughts and a blush crept up onto my cheeks as I realized that I’d just been taking him in totally entranced.

“I’m Maddie.” I replied, feeling giddy inside still. Which was weird for me because I never felt giddy.

“Well Maddie, it was a pleasure to meet you. And you’re welcome for saving your life. Maybe you’ll even join me for a tea? Ya know as a thank you.”

I’d been asked out before. Never quite like how he’d done it though. And there was something extremely charming about him that I couldn’t say no too. Plus even though I wouldn’t really say he’d saved my life, he had kept me from falling flat on my face and probably busting my face or something. So I agreed. Which was how within the next hour I found myself sitting in a small booth next to the window in a little cafe not far from campus in a fit of laughter.

“I can’t believe you said that.” I basically snorted in laughter, because even though I hadn’t expected it, nor would I have ever said it, it was funny and kind of true.

It turns out that we had a lot of the same professors, and while ever since day one I’d thought that my Chemistry professor highly resembled something out of a Dr. Suess book. I mostly thought he looked like a Who straight out of Whoville. But I’d never voiced that, I always kept it to myself, Harry on the other hand had just voiced that thought and I could not stop laughing.

“What, he does. I mean it’s mostly the nose it’s just I don’t know, a Who’s nose I guess.”

Never had I felt like a person really understood my humor like I did around him, probably because we thought the same things were funny. And that was how the rest of the time at the cafe went. We laughed some more about our chem professor, we drank tea, and we discovered that we had a lot in common really. And it was really nice to be around someone other than the annoying uni students who lived around me.

“Well Maddie this was fun, we should do it again sometime.”

“It was fun. And I guess we could do it again sometime.”

“Oh you guess. And here I thought I’d been charming enough to score seeing you again for sure.”

“You’re ridiculous, did you know that? You are absolutely ridiculous.”

“Well here’s this absolutely ridiculous guy’s number.” He said while I watched him take my phone from my hands and put his information in my phone and then call himself so he could save my own information into his own phone. And somehow it seemed like such a natural thing. It didn’t seem weird that he was being overly forward and so sure that I’d want to see him again, or had basically taken my phone hostage to exchange our numbers when he could’ve just asked.

Not even the smallest thing about Harry made me uncomfortable or like I’d never want to see him again after that. Maybe it was because he was confident but it didn’t scream the cocky confidence that I was so used to guys using around me. Or I guess it could’ve been that he was really charming and even if he was like this with other girls I fell for it all. Whatever made me so comfortable around Harry didn’t matter.

Though maybe if I could’ve looked past it all he wouldn't have been able to break my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapters' kind of short, but everything's just getting set up for right now and the chapters will most likely get longer the more we get into the story. Anyways, I hope you guys like it. Tell me what you think :)

- Comment, subscribe, recommend.