I Wanted to Believe

one ;

All that could be seen for miles was grey skies as a single tear rolled down Sophia's rosy cheek. Things were ripping apart at the seams and she didn't have the slightest idea of how to sew them back together again. Maybe it was time, she couldn't help but to think. Dark clouds moved closer to the city before her very eyes.

"Soph," Jack said from somewhere behind her. The girl's hand was gripped tightly on the railing of the balcony. As thunder roared loudly, she closed her eyes tightly. She tried to picture something happier. "I didn't mean to upset you." Sophia didn't move a muscle.

It was stupid. The twenty year old knew that she was being immature. Jealousy rippled through her body, causing the blood to boil within her veins. Sophia wasn't a sharer. She couldn't stand the thought of Jack treating another woman the way he did her. The sweet gestures, the soft kisses... Everything that made their relationship what it was. She wondered if it was in her head or if it was actually happening. Maybe he was being truthful and didn't wrong her. The young woman chose to believe she was just imagining things, simply for the sake of her sanity.

"She was just a girl I met in the crowd today," the young man explained, his dark eyes watching the back of the figure before him. Her long black hair blew with the wind, letting him catch a scent of her conditioner. Tiny chills prickled at the back of his neck. Jack pulled his leather jacket closer to his body.

Jack was well aware of her trust issues. He knew that her father walked out on her mother and Sophia when she was just a young girl. He knew that she had been bruised and beaten emotionally. He wanted nothing more than to fix her. Jack needed to make her whole again. She deserved that much. But Jack himself wasn't exactly undamaged goods either. They were just two misfits that seemed to be the perfect fit for each other.

Sophia finally turned to face him, no evidence of the lone tear; as if it was never even there at all. She nodded shortly.

"So," she started, attempting to piece it together. But Sophia would never understand why Jack did the things he did. "You exchanged numbers for what reason?" Jack let out a frustrated sigh.

"There is no excuse," he admitted. "I'm sorry, Sophia. I promise I didn't touch her." The last chirp of a bird rushing back to his shelter was heard.

She turned back towards the sky just as she felt the first raindrop fall onto her arm. Then another. Her eyes inspected every curve of every cloud, hoping that just maybe the answer to all of the questions she had were hidden somewhere deep in the evening sky. But they weren't.

"Okay," she spoke quietly after a few silent moments, deciding now wasn't the time. Sophia knew that they didn't have much more time together. She needed to make the most of it while she still had the chance. "Okay." She repeated louder this time, her head tilting to look at her boyfriend. She would let him get away with this for the rest of her life if it didn't end soon. He offered a small smile just as lightning lit up the sky, casting shadows upon half of his handsome face.

He stepped forward, brushing his rough fingers across the soft skin of her cheek. "I love you," he told her, a single white rose appearing in his left hand. Sophia smiled, though a million thoughts were still running through her head, and she took the rose. And then the heavens opened up, pouring gallons of rain on the two, soaking them to the bone.

This is the moment that you know
That you told her that you loved her but you don't.
You touch her skin and then you think
That she is beautiful but she don't mean a thing to me.
Yeah, she is beautiful but she don't mean a thing to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my new Jack Wilder story. This is more so of an intro, hopefully the next chapter won't be so short. Please give me some feedback and let me know what you're thinking! I also have a Dave Franco story posted that I'm working on, a James Franco one shot in the works and I'm working on a Patrik Bergland update :)