Just Like Them All

Noah

"I don't feel bad for anything I've done, I just don't."

---Noah---
I don't want her in here. I don't want her dead either. She is staring at me, I am staring at her.
"Hello, child." No responce "I'm sorry for what happened. I probally stressed you out," I zoned out and thought about all that happened between us. "But I didn't really care and now you don't either. So, it's ok, right?"
"Put your hands up."
I slowly raised my hands and turned to the voice. I saw the gun at me. A guy in full surgical gear. He was short, I couldn't tell who he was or even the tone of his skin.
"Now, now." I steped closer "You have a lot of balls to shoot a stranger. You sure didn't clean them up at all." Motioning to the door, "So why don't you at least be sure that you," I grabbed the tip of his barrel and moved it away upward from my stomach "don't miss." I put the gun right on the bridge of my nose between my eyes. I was calm on the outside but on the inside I was trembling. I was trusting in this guys morals while I know mine have been dead from the day I was born. I saw the gun doubled down the middle of my sight. I was waiting for it to end. Will this hurt?
Will it hurt when my bones break?
Will I know this pain?
Does he really want to kill me?
Maybe it is my time to go.
"Mason?"
I was shocked this guy recognized me, but also relived that I wasn't going to be at the wrong end of a trigger being pulled. "Y-Yeah.... And who are you?"
He began to undress his head "It's me," I could see his face now "Noah."
I faked a smile, "It's good to see you man!" I hugged him and pat him on his back. "I've been holed up in the auditorium, I've been by myself this whole time, it' s good to see a familiar face, I make runs out every once in awhile."
"Man dude, I was in here when it all went down, everyone started rushing to leave but that's when we realized we were on lock down, I trapped myself in here so no one could hurt me, half of them were eating eachother, you would look at someone's face and not be able to tell if it was the face of terror or of one of them."
I didn't like how he said that, them. Theese people are still my friends. They are just, never going to be talking. They are like pets. "You locked yourself in here, just you?"
"Yeah..." He figgited with his gun and sat on a desk "I mean, I started in the computer lab, that had no food so I found a screwdriver and picked away at the wall, I had to survive."
"So that's why that room is all barricaded."
"How did you get on the other side of the gate in the begining?"
"I was working on the stage when I realized what was happening. So I hid, everyone else fled. That whole side is now my home. You should come join, we can get through the bathrooms, the keys are left in the lock, just have to lock it after you get in and again when you get to the other side. Mind if I poke around?"
"Do you have food?"
"Yeah, mind if I look around?"
"Yeah, sure."
I started raiding cabinets, looking for tools. I saw some beakers, some test tubes, I looked up and saw several tomatoe plants growing in the windowsill. "Was that here?" I pointed at the plants
"Yeah, a few, I planted the seeds, there's gallons of distiller water in the fridge, I use that to water them."
"Do you have weapons?"
"This gun and a screwdriver."
"Where' d you get the gun?"
"Ah.... From this... Guy. He stopped by for a bit and traded with me."
"So... How's the bullet count?"
"Well I'm still here so that means 0."
Coward "Well I'm glad you didn't kill yourself, let's go, I'll lead."
I saw the skulls sitting on top of the cabinet, I remebered we have Petri dishes in here, and everything to try and test this thing infecting people.

We waited by the door, I told him to go up the side steps then make a run for the girls bathroom.

--

I followed him up, we were taking a breath in the bathroom.

"What was the guys name that gave you the gun?"
"Pa- I do not know, he was just some dude, I traded him for it, I told you that."
"I see." There was silence "Do you remember the story of Alice in Wonderland?"
"Yeah..."
"I like that story," I rested my hands one at my side the other on my chef's knife, "down the rabbit's hole she went, and she got to deep, said shit she never should have." I gripped my knife, drew it and slammed it into his abdomen with much force. "Paul, it was Paul. YOU KILLED HIM! YOU KILLED ALL OF THEM! Just. To save. Yourself. And look where that got you." I pulled the knife from him. I already knew he wasn't going to die from this, the knife is short.

--- ---

Maybe I shouldn't talk to people, they have no morals left.