Status: One and done

Idiot

One

Beau's fingers were frozen, his California born body still not used to the Pittsburgh winter. But his trip to the sports store was needed, he needed new training shoes and he had an eye on a pair that he had seen online. Staring up at the wall of shoes, his eyes landed on the pair he wanted and he went to find an attendant.

His eyes scanned the store, a young women was helping out a little boy with finding shoes and he seemed to be giving her a difficult time, his Mom not helping any.

It was Keirstyn's morning shift, the worst shift to get at this store because the kids came in, screaming because it's almost lunch time. She had gotten kicked in the face by the boy two times while trying to help him get his new shoes on and his Mom was not calming her down. Like her day couldn't get any worse, she slept in and spilled her coffee on her lap on the way over. But just as she got kicked in the face for the third time, she heard a deep voice from behind her and she turned to see a tall figure.

"I guess I should help, two is better than one" Beau said, flashing a smile and leaning down.

Keirstyn almost had a heart attack when she saw him, she knew who he was but the shock if seeing him in person almost killed her. He is so much more good looking in person.

"You're Beau Bennett!" The little boy said, distracting him from Keirstyn putting his shoes on.

Beau distracted the little no, telling him to try his new shoes out and fortunately they worked out perfect. The Mom took a picture of the little boy and Beau, they went to buy the shoes.

Still shocked from the sudden arrival of her NHL crush, she hardly managed to get a sentence out but when she did it was a thank you.

"No problem, plus I need to get some shoes down" He says sheepishly, Keirstyn smiles and it catches him off guard. Now that they were at eye level, he never noticed how unbelievably good looking she way.

"I'll be right back with the ladder" She says, turning and as she does Beau's eyes wander down.

--

Returning, she helps Beau get his shoes down and then they end up sitting on the bench talking. Beau kept asking for shoes to keep from her having to leave and eventually she was about to get off her shift. Beau helps her put the shoes back, after he pays he races to get to her.

"I'm sorry, but I would love to talk more" Beau says, his blue eyes glinting in the dimmed light of the mall. "Want to get lunch?"

Keirstyn's smile brightens, making Beau's heart swell. She was wearing her Sports Check uniform but no one could pull it off as good as she could. They both sat down, ordering a pizza to share and began to talk again. Before they knew it, it had been three hours and the fun was about to stop.

Beau's phone began to ring, when he looked at the caller I.D he sighed and ignored it. It was his ex-girlfriend, someone who he's on and off with. At the moment they were off but with her back in California he knew it wasn't going to work. When he received a text, his heart pulsed.

I'm coming to Pittsburgh, you're right, I we're away from each other than it won't work and I want it to work

Beau jumped out of his seat, excited to see it from her and he spewed some excuse at Keirstyn before running out on her. Leaving her to pick up the check.

Keirstyn had never felt so bad about herself, the lie was barley hidden and the excitement in his voice made him see through. He found something better.

--

Beau's girlfriend moved in, but that didn't change anything because she whined about every road trip and the amount of time he spent at the arena. Every night he thought of Keirstyn, how much better she was and how much of an idiot he is for not realizing it. Beau could only take two more days of his girlfriends whining before he ordered her to leave.

Beau's next move was simple, he sped down the streets of Pittsburgh and he ran into the mall. Running into people but eventually making it into the Sport Check. He ran to the back, the colourful shoes radiating off the wall and when he caught the glimpse of the brunette he ran over to her and twirled her around. He went for it, leaning in but he was stopped by the sudden palm on his chest.

Keirstyn was hurt by his actions the few weeks before and she didn't think she could trust him.

"Keirstyn listen, you are the only thing I've been able to talk or think about. Ask any of the guys. I score goals while thinking of you and I fall asleep thinking about you, I made a mistake but I want you to know that you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen"

Beau's speech warmed the heart of other employee's, customers but importantly Keirstyn's. She grabbed a hold on Beau's shirt and brought his lips to hers.

"You're an idiot" She muttered against his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
For Keirstyn