Status: In Progress

Through the Dark

Chapter Twenty-Five: Nightclub

-Gerard.
I raised my hands to applaud the fans with a big smile on my face as the team and I exited the pitch and entered the dressing rooms. We just triumphed over Sevilla in a game that ended 6-0 and we were already at the top of the league table, it was a guaranteed win for us with only two games left in the season.

“Alright, guys, that was a good game.” Pep told us as we reached the dressing room. We all cheered and pumped our fists. “You have a 2-day break, spend it wisely, take care of yourselves and don’t snack too much!” Pep reminded us, receiving several groans and boos back.

He chuckled before leaving the dressing room. “Let’s go out tonight!” Cesc cheered, standing up to pull his jersey off his head. “I’m up for it.” Thiago grinned, slapping Cesc’s back. More of the boys nodded in agreement and soon enough, I was the only one who didn’t say anything yet.

They all turned towards me and I stayed quiet for a while before shrugging, “Fine, I’ll go.” I smirked. They all cheered and we started heading out so we could go home and freshen up.

-Ariana.
I frowned as I watched the TV screen. Anto and I were watching a movie—well, Anto was watching a movie; I was just sitting here thinking about Gerard.

“You okay, Ari?” Anto asked me concernedly. I turned towards her and absentmindedly nodded. “Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind.” I sighed. She furrowed her brows, “What’s wrong?”

I sighed loudly and massaged my temples. “It’s just Gerard.”

“I knew it!” Anto yelped loudly, making me jump in my seat. She turned down the volume of the movie and turned towards me. “What is it?” she asked me.

“He told me that he…loved me. But, I think it’s way too soon. I’m not ready and I don’t want it to go too fast. I don’t know! What should I do?” I asked Anto in a rush. I didn’t want to offend Gerard, but it was too soon and I wasn’t ready yet.

Anto raised her eyebrow, “He said I love you already? It took your brother four months…” she trailed off. “Anyway, what do you feel when you’re with him? If you’re not ready, don’t force it. But, if you are ready, go for it. Love comes at different times for different people, sometimes it just hits you and you’re just ready. You’ll know when it’s time.” Anto smiled comfortingly.

I thought about it for a while, then realized she was right. Antonella gives the best advice ever and she’s almost always right. Did I love Gerard? Yeah, I guess I do.

-Gerard.
I chuckled as Cesc cheered as we entered the club. As usual, music was pulsating through the place and there were people dancing, drinking and doing all kinds of things everywhere.

Thiago and Cesc threw their arms around each other before sprinting towards the bar. “They’re crazy.” Alexis joked. I laughed along with him before making my way to the bar. I ordered a drink and I just sat there, not wanting to really get out and dance.

I pursed my lips as I thought of Ariana. Did she really not feel the same way? I didn’t mind, but it just got to me sometimes. I sighed and finished my drink and ordered another one, before I knew it my vision got blurry and I couldn’t really think straight.

I felt an arm on my shoulder and I turned around quickly, nearly falling off the bar stool in the process. “Hey, Geri.” I heard. I squinted, trying to get a better look at the woman.

“Ari?” I asked confusedly. She chuckled but didn’t say anything. I squinted again, but everything was still so blurry. “Why don’t we go back to my place? I’ll take care of you.” She said.

“Okay.” I agreed, getting off the bar stool to follow her out of the club.