Status: In Progress

Through the Dark

Chapter Five: Long, Meaningful Talks

The whole way home, I was freaking out. I couldn’t stop talking about Femenì and how excited I was.

I can’t believe this is happening.

Word must’ve spread quick because soon enough my family were asking me so many questions, Miranda was sending me 10 texts per minute and the boys team were texting me.
[Neymar: Congratulations, little Messi!]

[Ariana: Thanks, Neymar. But Femeni haven’t even took me in yet, and there’s a large change that they won’t]

[Neymar: Be optimistic! You’re a Messi! Who wouldn’t accept you?]

[Ariana: Well, we can never be sure! :)]
Soon, we reached home and I bolted towards the bathroom, quickly showering.

“Ari, the boys are coming over again for dinner…so wear something not too revealing or something that exposes too much skin!” Leo yelled, banging on the bathroom door.

I chuckled at his protectiveness.

“Okay, Leo!”

“And wear a bra!” Leo called again, making me laugh. After shampooing my hair and scrubbing soap all over my body, I wrapped a towel around me and walked out of the bathroom, I ran into my room and closed the door.

I decided to wear an old Argentina jersey and some comfortable shorts.

I dried my hair and tied it up into a ponytail. I walked down the stairs, a skip in my step and got to the living room.

Neymar was the first to see me.

He smiled at me and patted the seat next to him on the couch, I walked towards him and plopped down next to him.

“So, did Pep call you yet?” he asked me.

I shook my head, “Neymar, it’s been two hours. I don’t think they can make a decision that fast.” I
chuckled.

Neymar shrugged and continued watching the TV where The Hunger Games was playing. Leo, Andres, Thiago and Puyi were in the living room but I could hear Cesc, Dani, Gerard and Cristian talking in the dining room.

I had taken a liking to Neymar. He was really nice and I think we’d be really good friends. We had just met five hours ago but I had already started talking to him like I knew him all my life.

We started chatting a little bit more and he told me how he was single for two years and that he was still heartbroken that his girlfriend of two years had just left him like that for another man.

We stayed like that, talking to each other. Ignoring the other’s gasping whenever someone got killed in the movie.

“I need a drink.” He sighed, standing up. “You coming?”

I nodded and the two of us walked towards the kitchen where Geri, Cesc, Cristian and Dani were laughing and talking.

Neymar walked into the kitchen and grabbed a beer from Leo’s fridge and handed me one.

“Thanks.”

The two of us decided to head to the patio to talk some more.

There was something about him that just made me want to talk his ear off. He could relate to me, he knew how it felt to be used and how it felt to be broken by someone you thought you loved.

“What about you?” he suddenly asked.

I looked at him, “What do you mean?” I asked, taking another sip of my beer.

“Have you ever been hurt by someone you thought was the one?”

I bit my lip, debating with myself on whether or not to tell him. I just met him today…could I trust him?

He trusted me.

And I just met Xavi when I told him about Lucas too.

So I did it.

I told Neymar everything Lucas did to me, and I felt the tears already slipping out of my eyes. By the time I was done ranting and crying, I felt Neymar wipe away my tears and bring me into a hug.

“He’s a fucking bastard.” I heard him snarl.

I smiled, pulling away from him.

It was nice to know someone who cared.

-Gerard.
I was just laughing and talking with Dani, Cristian and Cesc when Neymar and Ariana walk into the room.
The both of them grabbed a beer and walked out to the patio and started talking.

I felt something in me—jealousy? Yeah. Jealousy.

I was jealous of Neymar for talking to Ariana.

I watched the two of them closely. They were talking in hushed tones and what they were talking about looked serious.

All of a sudden, Ariana burst into tears in front of Neymar. Dani, Cesc and Cristian noticed too and I was about to stand up when Cesc told me to sit back down.

“Give her space, bro.”

We watched as Neymar smiled at her and wiped away her tears, bringing her into a pretty long hug as he whispered something into her ear.

After a while, the two finished their beers and walked back into the house.

“Ariana,” I called, she looked at me with a smile, “Yeah?”

“You okay?” I asked. She had just cried but she looked absolutely beautiful. She nodded and turned towards Neymar.

“This guy here…and Pep just made my day.” She chuckled, throwing her beer bottle away and walking back to the TV room, leaving me in utter shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooooo Gerard's jealous of Ariana spending time with Neymar. ;)