‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Coming out Stronger

It was an honor to be asked to be a judge for this year’s drama audition, by JT himself. Roxy and I were the first students given the titles since the opening of the school. This is the second amazing opportunity this school has extended me since I have been here. First was being a part of the freshmen orientation, as a freshman and now this. With my third year getting started I hope to keep my good impression going so I will have to stay on top of my game this year, even with my struggle with cancer. It will not stop me from being number one again this year. I can't let anything keep my dream from coming true. With the surgery now out of the way and only one month of chemo left I will be fine. By the time classes start I will be healthy as an ox, sort of. The doctor said my fighting spirit has killed the cancer more than anything he could have did. Anyway, that’s why JT had to ask me after he asked my doctors first. They were happy to agree, saying some positive activity will help me in my speedy recovery. So, here I am, sitting on the back of this grass plane watching as twenty five scholarship hopefuls perform their original monologues.

I have to admit that I feel very conscience of the small wisp of hair that I have. It only touch the top of my ears, its just barely at that. I run my finger through it out of habit, almost to check if it was still there. I took my hair before the chemo could, that night after the major show I cut it all off. I wanted it to be my choice, to feel like I had some power in this situation. Vic and Roxy were right behind me, doing the same to their hair to show their support, though I asked them not to. Even Kellin attempted, too, but I refused to let him, I love his hair. He did manage to shave off a quarter of his right side when I wasn't looking though. I wanted to be mad at him but he looked at me with his puppy dog eyes and I knew I lost this round. So we spent our summer together in doctor’s office. With a few late night pow wows where they were trying to help me hold down my food. The entire group in some way, shape, or form, was there with me every step of the way. Even Jack and Tania, his current fiancee.

I look over at Roxy now, who is rocking her short cut and I can feel the tears well up again. How did I get such amazing friends? I am surrounded by such incredibly supportive people, who have become my family. She looks over at me and crosses her eyes and I laugh. That’s my sister, I picked her to take that place in my life and she has never stopped deserving it. I stick my tongue out and scrunch up my nose like I am angry. She giggles a bit loudly and Johnny raises his eyebrow at us. He gives us a stern look then turns his attention back to the drama hopefuls.

I face forward to pay attention to the guy currently auditioning. His name is Aiden. He is a 23 year old Italian, who took a plane out here just to try out for this school. He was good, best we have seen yet. I can see him giving me flirty looks and I blush under his intense gaze before flashing my wedding band. He shrugs and blows me a kiss anyway. I couldn't help but notice that he wasn't the only one to look my way. All these kids seem to be giving me looks like they know me. Has my reputation at this school leaked beyond these walls?

Of course, they looks made me extremely grateful that my hair grows fast because if not I would still be very bald. I wouldn't be very happy with the stares without any hair. I am not really happy with them now but at least I look decent. I smile and fan myself a bit against the heat, Roxy gives me a worried look. I mouth that I am fine. Which I am, just a little hot and a tad bit tired. The blazing heat of this summer made me happier with the decision to have no hair. As I sit here in the August sun I can feel the absence of the heaviness of my hair. I feel like I am sweating less, which means its easier for me to endure the heat. Just another small victory against my cancer. I smile to myself as Roxy and I get up to leave after the last performance.

We go into the student's office and plop down in leather chairs. Roxy adjusts the A.C so that it isn't too cold for me and then we throw the files on a desk between us. We now have to discuss who is getting into MJA. Who will get that scholarship. Which is based off a lot more than talent. You need good family and medical history. No criminal record or professional experience. Its a lot of work we have to do but before we get into all of that; we have to eliminate the ones who weren't as impressive in the talent department. Then we let Johnny know, he gives his two cents and we call who is moving on to the next rounds. That's when the digging really starts. So for now, we sit with a pile of head-shots and start sorting through each of the pictures.

As we sort I get lost in my thoughts. I know that this year may be tougher than last year but this summer has made me ready for whatever life throws my way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter one of year three. Please let me know what you think.

-Hana ♥