‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Killing A Bird With Two Stones

I think that this has got to be the most awkward situation ever. I am sitting in a table with Jack’s pregnant wife, Tania, and Vic’s new love interest, Naomi. I’m counting on Lizzy to break the silence but she’s too busy texting under the table for her to notice my nervous glances. She acts like I can’t tell either; as if I wasn’t a pro at texting under tables in school.

I slowly stuff myself with nachos that were served at our table, trying to fill the quiet air with the crunch of these beautifully cheesy chips. After a few minutes I get tired of the silence and ramble on about the Starbucks card that I had gotten last week. This sparked a conversation about food which of course led Naomi to talk about her class. I watched her carefully as she spoke, taking in every feature and the sound of her voice as she talked about decorating pastries. I love Naomi and all but when Vic told me about liking her, I just saw her differently. How much time do they spend together? Do they flirt? Why would they flirt if she's completely infatuated with Reggie? So many questions like these running through my head because I'm slowly falling for my best friend. Which doesn't make sense because at the same time I want my ex boyfriend back! Which is clearly never going to happen.

I shoot Tania a quick glare when I spot Stewart making his way through the maze of tables. I happily get up to get away from the table and welcome him to the show. We quickly hug and I lead him back to our table, where he takes a seat on the other side of me. Naomi nudges me lightly and drags her chair a bit closer to mine.

"Who's the cutie?" She whispers in my ear.

"A friend," I say, picking at a nacho, "from school."

"Ohh," she says, nodding while eyeing me.

She waggled her eyebrows then moved her chair again to put space between us. I glance over at Stewart and give him a small smile. He seemed laid back, but you could tell he wished he had someone to talk to. I chomp down on a few more nachos before launching into conversation with him about how I know SWS and PTV. I was so entertained by the way his eyes would widen from time to time.

We eventually quieted down when SWS started to play, and I 'awwww'd when Kellin dedicated his performance to Lizzy. The room was completely filled with energy as they started their set with If You Can't Hang. Yup, I helped him write that song. I get a satisfied feeling as I look around and see the potential fans jump around excitedly, singing along to the song. I looked at Stewart as he shouted the lyrics fiercely, turning to me and coaxing me to join along. I did, and we sang passionately, making faces at each other. Finally the song was over and I looked up at the stage, wanting to see the band's triumphant faces. I skim them all, landing on Jack. He looked so happy, and my heart ached for him. I followed the direction his eyes were facing and saw that he was smiling at Tania. She blew him a kiss and mouthed 'I love you'. I sighed and looked back at him, only to see that he was staring straight at me. I quickly dropped my gaze and rushed over to the bathroom.

Once I managed to lock myself into a stall, I convulsed over the bowl and watched the contents of my stomach spill into the toilet. After a few wretches, I flushed then stumbled out if the stall and rinsed my mouth in one of the sinks. After drying my face, I stared at my reflection and breathed heavily, trying to regain my strength. I can't believe how hard that moment really hit me. I need to get over Jack, and soon. Or else I'll stay heartbroken and caught up over him for who knows how long. The guy is married and is having a freaking baby, why should I still be hung up on him?!? It's not fair. I deserve to move on and be happy too.

I try to walk out of the bathroom with my head held high, but end up knocking into someone.

"Oh hey Aaliyah," Mike smiled, "long time no see."

"Yeah I know," I sigh, pushing my hair out of my face.

"How do you like the concert so far? Hold up - don't answer that. We're about to go on in a few minutes, you have to wait for the better band to go on," he smirks.

I nod and laugh, punching him lightly in the arm. He walks away, disappearing back stage. I breathe in again, realizing that I need some fuel to completely regain my balance. I decide to leave the club to get some fresh air and maybe get a bite somewhere nearby. I kind of feel bad for leaving Stewart by himself but shrug it off and conclude that he's going to be fine.

I had forgotten my jacket, being confronted with the cool air since we're in November, but I don't care. I just needed to get out of there. I make a quick stop at the corner store to get a Vitamin Water and a veggie sandwich before making my way back. I had a feeling Lizzy would notice that I had left, so I would just explain to her what had happened at another time.

By the time I get back to the club, Vic's band is on. Boy; does he look perfect up there. I love watching this kid perform, he seems so happy - as if he doesn't have a care in the world once he hits the stage. Even though a couple of his songs are about my sister, he still seems content. I take a sit at one of the back tables and hum along as I cautiously pick at my sandwich, hoping not to puke it up. I leave half for Lizzy since I can't stomach rest.

When PTV is done with their set, I get a text from Stewart asking where I was. I reply saying that I would find him and the others in a minute, wanting to be alone for a few more moments. I sigh and get up from the table to squeeze my way to the front in order to find my friends. I get there and everyone is happily congratulating the two bands, commending them on their performances. I ignore Jack as Tania jumps into his arms, embracing him and telling him what a great job he did. I give the rest of the SWS members a high five and Kellin a special hair scruff; he is my brother in-law after all.

I go to move on to PTV, to tell them how awesome they were and all. That's when I see Naomi run into Vic's arms almost the same way Tania ran into Jack's. I feel my heart crack a little before walking away, not wanting to watch anymore. How am I supposed to act normal around Vic when Naomi is there to mess things up? Does she have feelings for the kid? Ugh, this is not turning out good.

I hand Lizzy the wrapped half sandwich before leaving the club, shooting Stewart a text that I would meet up with him later. I felt bad that I ignored her questions as I walked away from her, but I really needed air. I just want to take a walk, have some time to think. Naomi and Vic? No, maybe I’m just over thinking things. I guess I'll have to find out myself, I need to talk to those two the next time they come over. If not, I'll drive myself crazy thinking about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
- K_K