‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Time to Learn

I woke up to breakfast in bed by my loving hubby, which is the perfect way to start a Friday and my weekend. We have exactly one week left before winter fest and then jetting off to a warm Caribbean climate on a beautiful island. We will be in a place so remote my cell phone won't work when I am there, which is an added bonus for me. I am so excited. Of course this means I picked up some extra shifts at work so I could help pay for our trip, despite Kellin saying that I didn't have too. So on the sightly down side, I have work today. Kellin pouts at me and asks me to quit my job again, I laugh softly.

“Maybe next year baby. I just want to have money saved up for emergencies and my family, plus our future. I don't expect us to make millions right away so I need to make sure we are secure.” I kiss him lightly, “besides it gives me a good excuse not to help you clean the apartment.”

He laughs, “Ah the real reason finally comes out.”

“You got me,” I say while cutting a piece of my yummy strawberry and banana crepe with my fork and taking a bite. “Yummy babe, this is perfect as always, tell Tania I said thank you.”

He laughs, “What gave it away?”

I kiss him again, “You love making pancakes and waffles, and are still learning how to make crepes babe. They wouldn’t be perfect on the first try, plus Tania has made these for me before, trust me I remember how they taste.”

“When I get them right, you will be the first to know.” His picks up my fork and takes a bite, “Mmm," he licks his lips, "I have to get this girl to show my how it’s done.”

I swat his hand away playfully, “my crepe.”

He laughs and curls up next to me. He tells me about his dream from last night as I eat. Then I tell him about the childhood memory it reminded me of as I get ready for work. I head for the door when I am ready but I don't leave until I promise to make him an omelet with hash browns and soy sausages tomorrow morning for breakfast. He smiles, gives me a big kiss, then waves me off to work. I walk to the mall with Tania and we talk about married life. She says she has the best husband in the world; I remind her I already married the best husband before she had the chance. I have to admit Tania feels like a sister to me, not like Roxy does of course, more like a little sister, the real perfect kind like on TV shows from the 90s. Roxy is the tough, protective older sister, who would give you the world if she could. Now, I feel kind of guilty for thinking that about Tania as I clock into work, I mean I have a little sister, and we are doing okay. I mean she rarely calls and we hardly see each other but we aren’t fighting. I feel sadness wash over me, maybe Ally and I were never meant to be close. I throw my purse in the locker and grin big when I see Tony is working today too.

“Turtle!” I hug him quickly before, Jessica, the manager on duty, could notice. “How are you today?”

“I feel awesome today! Still riding the high from our gig last weekend to be honest.” We both busy ourselves with reorganizing the clothes so Jessica doesn't have reason to complain. “How are you doing today sea monkey?”

I scrunch up my nose, “what happened to lil’ bit?”

Tony laughs, “you will always be lil’ bit.”

Our first customer came in, ending our time to chat. The rest of my shift flew by and before I left I told Tony to bring the guys over tomorrow so we could all hang and play some videos games or something. I missed spending time with the guys, since things with Vic and I are all cool, well, it’s time to pick up where I left off with those friendships. I get home shower and change into my sweats. I crank up the ac, despite the winter cold, while pulling my hair into a pig tail and put my game face on. It’s time for some serious studying. A couple of hours later I am still sitting with my legs crossed in the center of a serious study mess with Roxy, Kellin and Vic. We are all trying to get some epic scores on our finals and midterms to maintain top five statuses. Of course right now, while I am trying to memorize American Beauty, Roxy is yammering about how Aiden is as serious threat to Zac. He has it all, with his super good looks, book smarts and super talent. He is a threat to us all on the top five to be honest. I roll my eyes at her, I swear if that girl wasn't married she would be crushing on Aiden. Vic throws his music history book down in frustration.

“I can't take this much longer. I need. . .” he throws himself over all of our books, “pizza.”

I roll my eyes and push his head off of my copy of The Raven, “Jack and Tania always bring pizza on Fridays, and they will be here soon. They called like two minutes ago that they are

In that very moment Jack knocks and shouts through the door, “Did somebody say pizza?”

"Yes!" Vic jumps up.

“Dork,” Roxy and I say in unison as Vic runs to let Jack and Tania in.

Jack's hair is a tousled mess, along with the rest of him, while his wife is glowing perfection. Her belly is starting to show just a bit, it is such a cute little baby bump. I can see the way Kellin looks at her and then me, I know that he really wants a baby. My heart clenches a bit, I know that right now is not the best time for us to have a kid. I look from him to the pile of books that just grew with Jack and Tania’s added on, he pouts and nods. I look away feeling horrid, for the sake of distraction; I make a big fuss going through the seven boxes of pizza to see which is which. We got extra cheese, veggie lover, meat lovers, pepperoni, half bacon half ham with pineapples, fakon with three cheeses, and ranch dressing and chik’n, my favorite. I get up and get us some paper plates, napkins and a box of canned iced teas from the fridge. This is my favorite time of year because cramming season always equals pizza and great laughs with friends. Kellin finishes clearing up the books so we can have room to eat as I walk back with all the stuff in my hands. I plop it all in the center and reach for the boxes again. I sit, grab slice of my favorite and say what we all need to hear.

“Movie break!” I laugh as everyone reacts dramatically before Roxy pulls out the DVDs from her bag.

“This week’s options are: The Nightmare before Christmas-” Roxy starts.

“You bring that every week.” Jack says with a fake annoyed edge in his voice.

“Moving on,” she happily ignores him, “50 first dates, Catching Fire, Frozen, Shallow Hal, and Mr. Nobody.”

“Yes!! Finally I vote Mr. Nobody.” I did a weird shimmy with my vote.

“I second that vote.” Roxy clings to the DVD as she says it.

“Ooooo Oooo me too!” Tania squeals, “I love Jared Leto.”

“Well my wife has been dying to see Mr. Nobody, so I vote for her entertainment happiness.” Kellin wraps his arms around my waist and kisses the back of my neck.

He has been doing and saying a lot of really cheesy stuff the closer our wedding anniversary gets. I think the fact that it’s that anniversary is also very close to the anniversary of when we first kissed, it amplifies his overall emotions.

“You are such a cornball,” I whisper as the others shout while Roxy sets up the movie without letting Jack or Vic vote. “I love it though.”

He holds me tighter, “I can't wait for our trip baby! It’s going to be the honeymoon we didn't get last year. But it will be mixed with so much more joy with a year we have been through.”

“Hey most of the year was really good; it’s just the summer that messed it up.” I place my hands over his. “Its behind us now baby, you can breathe easy.”

“I know,” he blows against the back of my neck, “but sometimes it’s just not easy breathing right when I am with you.”

“AHEM! Gross lovebirds, we are about to start the movie, so if you would please cease your cheesy lines so we can hear the scripted cheesy lines that are on the screen that would be great. Thank you.” Vic sticks his tongue out at us.

“Is Vic mad because he is solo?” Jack teases while messing with Vic's hair.

“No,” he rolls his eyes, “plus Roxy is alone tonight too.”

“Actually Brendon just texted me that he is five minutes away,” she gave him her best I-am-so-sorry-face, or what I like to call the tenth doctor face, before looking at me. She bites her lip slightly, “Can we wait until he gets here to start the movie?”

“Duh," I roll my eyes, "of course we'll wait.”

I smile at her and she beams back, she really does love Brendon, it shows. Her emotions for him are written so clearly on her face, something that I never saw when she was with Jonny. It makes me happy to see her so happy, she deserves it.

Vic leans back and sighs, “I guess I am the seventh wheel tonight, again.”

There is a knock on the door and Jack gets up to answer it, “that was quick I thought you told Roxy five minutes.”

I feel my eyes widen when I see its Naomi on the other side of the door. I am about to say hi and ask why she is here when she speaks.

“I left him for you,” she says looking directly at Vic, “I broke up with Reggie.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Let's us know your thoughts ♥

-Hana ♥