‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

A Taste of Freedom

After two months of living in this apartment by myself, I’m still not used to it. I wish I was back on campus, laying in my big, familiar bed with my sister or Naomi. I could eat anything I want, at any time I pleased. I had so many facilities at my finger tips. Now look at where I am: in a small neighborhood in Douglasville, Georgia, alone! Maintaining my lifestyle and starting a new school in about two weeks.

What’s nice about it though is that I live in a roomy post-war apartment, so it’s beautiful. On top of that, every room was furnished by me; my personal style displayed. I had saved my money from working at Jamba Juice, and boy did we get paid well. I miss getting paid that well. Of course I still give part of my earnings to my family like I promised, but I still have some left over. It may not hold me for much longer. I am glad that I had ventured out about a week after moved in here and applied for some jobs. I was happy that most of the managers told me to come back for interviews. In the end, I settled on taking a job at Macy’s as a retail cosmetic sales associate. It’s not much, but it pays the bills. Ugh, I have bills to pay.

I got a bike to get around, since I didn't want to take the bus everywhere. It saves money, plus its good exercise, which I get less of without a track nearby. I remember when I learned how to ride when I was about six years old and my oldest brother helped me peddle down the block from our house. I have always loved riding, it makes me feel so young and carefree. Such a contrast to how I usually feel, which is tired and weighed down by these past two years.

Anyway, I have become a resourceful-freak, seriously missing the pampered life I had back on campus. It hit me even harder when I attended my new school’s orientation about three weeks ago, and it was such a big difference from the atmosphere from M. J. Academy. At least, I got to meet a couple of students. Some even recognized my name due to Sleeping with Sirens’ blow up with If You Can't Hang and because of my sister’s rising fame. I am happy about my minor fame, glad that it was highlighting all I will do in my future career. After the orientation, I called Naomi and gushed about what had happened, begging her to come see me before she replaced me with a new glamour girl from school. Although she tried to call me as much as she could, she just wanted to take advantage of the summer and spend all the time she could with Reggie before going on a family vacation to New York. She promised to visit me as soon as she got resettled on campus, and also said that she would bring me a souvenir from the big apple.

I miss her, toady is the day Naomi will be visiting me. She and I have made plans to go out and eat, then catch a movie. Then spend hours just catching up, this will be the first time she comes to see me this summer. I am beyond excited, especially since she’s going to sleep over. My first sleep over in my own place, I look around. I should get some major cleaning done, this place is a mess.

When I’m done cleaning, I feel sweaty and icky. I crack one of my large windows before hopping into the shower and washing my hair. I didn't want to be smelly when Naomi got here. As my hair was air drying, I skim my closet for a simple outfit. I don't want to be over dressed, plus its way to hot outside to wear my favorite jeans; its ridiculous out here. I pull an orange RIOT shirt off of a hanger then take a pair of high waisted shorts out of my dresser. I then slip my feet into a pair of black gladiator sandals, making sure to show off my pedicure. I walk over to the mirror on my wall and tie my hair up into a bun, smiling at my reflection. There done, cute and simple. I was ready to take a million selfies with my bestie. Today is bound to be a great day.
♠ ♠ ♠
New year whoop whoop. Let us know what you guys think so far. :)