‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Damaged

Today has been purely amazing. When I decided to come to this school after, I got kicked out of MJA, I liked it just because of its high maintenance. But now, I like it even more since I found out Aaliyah is enrolled here. It humors me when she rushes past me in the halls, pretending not to notice me. Other times I can tell that she hopes I won't notice her. But how could I not? Her face stands out so easily from the crowd. Aaliyah Leon; the girl with beautiful green eyes and the voice of an R&B angel. Also known as the girl who stole my heart, and then proceeded to stomp on it several times.

I ran into her in the hall earlier. She was alone this time; not clinging to that friend who would easily drag her away.

“Hey Aaliyah,” I say cheerfully.

“Leave me alone,” she mumbles, walking past me.

There was no way I was going to let her go that easily, not when we were finally alone for once. I grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face me. For a split second, she stood in my clutch, and stared me in the eyes with a sincere expression. It was over fast though, and she squirmed out my hold on her wrist.

“Stop trying to talk to me,” she growled, her nostrils flaring.

“I just want some quality time with my favorite girl, is all.”

I shrug nonchalantly, which just got her even more upset. She stepped closer to me, sticking a finger in my face while giving me a piercing look with her fierce green eyes.

“We will never spend time together,” she hisses. That hurt. She backs away and crossed her arms. “Shouldn’t you be in college anyway? You’re, like, twenty years old.”

“You never minded my age before,” I smirk as I watch her get flustered, leaning against the wall, i decide to answer, “This is all just court order, so-”

“That was supposed to be an insult, not a legit question.” She rolls her eyes and turns around, making her way out of the school.

“See ya’ later, Ally,” I shout at her, then I mumble under my breath, "you have no idea what's headed your way." A part of me wishes that she heard that, "Try not to miss me!" I yell.

She turns around at the door and balls her fist up, as if she was threatening me. How cute. I stood in the middle of the hallway with a smirk on my face. I enjoyed bothering her. If that was the only way I could get her to actually say something to me. I smiled to myself as I walked out of the opposite end of the building, ready to drive myself home. I thought of Ally as I walked to my car. That girl has such a long list of enemies. My stomach lurched, I should tell her what I know, but she would never believe me, let alone hear me out.

I ponder as I drive, when I finally pull into the driveway I notice the car is gone. My parents are out, again, most likely attending another case for my older brother. They left me a note and a plate of food on the microwave. They apologized and said that they would be home later on. Normally, them being out wouldn’t bother me since I’m not a kid, but this whole thing with my brother. I mean, they’re fighting to keep my brother out of jail, but is that the right choice? I grabbed the plate and sighed as I sat at the dinner table, pushing the lukewarm food around.

It was times like these that I wished Ally and I still had a relationship, so that I had someone to talk to and just have fun with to keep my mind off of things. I mean I have friends at school, but I rarely hang out with those idiots. Not worth my time. I wanted her but this is also the exact reason why we don’t have a relationship. She hates me for what I did to her. Even more so for what my brother did to her sister. I can’t blame her. No matter how much I want to be mad at her for putting my brother in jail, what he did was wrong. I was just a dumb kid who had been foolishly following in his footsteps.

I finished some of my food and dumped the plate in the sink, then headed upstairs to my room. Time for homework, which isn't much of a distraction. Compared to the homework that was assigned at MJA this homework was a walk on the beach. I send a text to one of my classmates, Daryl, to confirm on a project that we agreed to do for our finance class. Daryl is a cool kid. One of the first people I met at the school. Though it hasn’t been long since we met, he’s always has my back. He’s noticed the tension between Ally and me, and didn’t question me much, but wanted to know what the deal was with her. He said that she always looked irritated or troubled around me. I just told him that she was an ex and he nodded a grin on his face that verified assumptions of the situation. I let him think whatever he wants to, as long as I don’t have to go into details. The details are the real reason behind those feeling that she has. I wish I could explain things to her.

I would tell her that growing up it was just my brother and me. My parents were always traveling on business and he was left to parent me. So, yeah, a lot from his behavior rubbed off on me, unfortunately. I mean, I didn't know any better. Thinking about it, I don’t know what went wrong with my brother. He used to be so gentle, so good. Maybe it was because The older he got, the more girls he got away with, and the more he took advantage of them. He must have been furious when Elizabeth showed up instead of naïve little Aaliyah. My brother always hated not getting his way. I would tell her that, I didn’t know anything about the situation at the time. I only it found out around the time I got my dance team to jump Jack. I was stunned to be honest, but quickly moved past it in order to seek my revenge for him replacing me. The whole Tally thing is another story, just another big game of pretend. It just adds on to the list of twisted games that rubbed off on me.

After taking a quick shower I decide to go to bed, knowing that it will be one of those nights where I’ll get less sleep – might as well steal a couple of hours while I have the chance. I can’t help but think of the time Ally and I had our first conversation, the day we hung out at the pool, and I walked her to her dorm since Jack wasn’t around. I wonder if she knew then about my obsessive streak if she still would have gotten involved with me. What am I thinking? Of course she would’ve. Girls love that kind of stuff these days. Plus, there was no way she was going to move past my ridiculously good looks anyway. She didn’t know what she was getting herself into. I feel bad for her; the poor girl doesn’t know what hit her, and I’m not willing to let her out of my grasp anytime soon.

Oh man, there goes those twisted thoughts again. I place my pillow over my face, if only I could rip them from my head and be a nice, normal guy. I scream, ha! I am damaged now, never to be repaired.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written by K_K

Edited by Hana