‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Just One Night

I wake up to a flawless day. The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and Vic is mine. Well, not exactly. He still hasn’t talked to me about dating, but I’m sure that I will win his affections. It’s hard getting his complete attention though with that friend of his. Roxy, I believe. Between her and Elizabeth, those girls just don’t have a thing for me. I don’t understand why though – I’m Ally’s best friend, and as of recently Vic’s – they should be thrilled! Whatevs, I guess they’re just prejudice or something.

For cooking class today we have to make an appetizer composed of two sweet and salty ingredients. I decided to make a sausage-stuffed cherry peppers poppers recipe, keeping it simple, yet interesting. I gather my needed materials to my working area and get started. I cringe at the shrill voice of our newest fellow classmate as she announces her arrival. Dana Alverez; the girl who fought her way into this program and already made it to the top five in a matter of three months. This girl is unbelievable. Okay, so she does make good food, but that doesn’t take away from her annoying personality. She decides to take the spot next to me today, ready to talk up a storm. Yay.

After a long class and agonizing conversation with Dana and her nasally voice, I pack my aced project and stuff it into my bag. I knew exactly who to share this with. I whip my umbrella out of my bag and make my way to the music department, waiting for my best friend to leave his class. A few minutes pass by when I realize he isn’t in class. One of his classmates passes by so I ask where he was, and they claimed that the class was dismissed a little earlier than usual. That’s strange, considering all classes get out at the same time. But I guess under Brendon’s supervision, they’re a little laid back. I scurry off to his room, eagerly trying to avoid mud puddles. I let myself in and am relieved to find him there. He’s sitting at his computer chair, legs propped on the desk, his back facing me. I smile at the progress of his hair growth and set my bag on his bed. I stare at him expectantly when he laughs, paying me no mind. I clear my throat and he turns to face me, giving me one of his heart melting smiles.

“Oh hey,” he says to me. “Speaking of the devil,” he mutters his phone.

“Who is that?” I ask curiously, planting onto his bed.

“Ally; just checking in.”

“Oh,” I say, pursing my lip. “Well tell my best friend I said hi and I miss her,” I shout purposely, hoping she would hear me.

I can hear her respond loudly over the phone, but muffled through Vic’s hair.

“She said she misses you too,” he smiles. “Alright Ally, I’ll talk to you soon, I have to get to dinner.”

I take the food out of my bag as Vic says his last remarks then hang up with Ally. I wonder what they had been talking about. I brush that thought aside as Vic turns to me with that sweet smiles of his, then gets up to find a jacket.

“That smells good,” he says, his back turned to me.

“Thanks,” I blush, “I brought it for you.”

“Really? Sweet.”

I watch him as he slips his jacket on, and then puts on his hat. He flips his hood on then opens the door, waiting for me to leave ahead of him. I bite my lip and stay in the spot I’m in, causing him to raise an eyebrow.

“I was kind of hoping that we could eat in tonight,” I say, popping open the container.

“But we have to go to Menus. It’s a school night, so it’s mandatory, remember?”

“Yeah,” I cross the room to stand in front of him, “but one time shouldn't get us into too much trouble.”

I give him a reassuring smile, slowing moving my hand to close the door. He grabs my wrist before I get the chance to even touch the knob. We freeze, staring at each other, waiting for the next move. He was so close to me, all I needed to do was to move in quickly to seal the deal. Just when I try to steal a quick peck, he moves out of my reach and steps out of the room.

“I don’t think that’s such a great idea. I don’t want to get into a fuss with the guys, and I especially don’t want to hear anything from JT.” He tilts his head in the direction of the hallway, “let’s go.”

“Um, okay.”

I quickly grab my things and rush out ahead of him. How humiliating?! I was supposed to get a good response and instead, he rejects me. I’m sure he’s missed plenty of school night dinners when he was with Elizabeth, even just to spend time with Ally. No, I shouldn’t bring her up. She has nothing to do with this. Unless she said something in that phone call that caused him to reject me. What if she persuaded him to back off? What if she’s trying to get him to like her? She did say that she would steal his attention the last time I went to her apartment. That was two months ago though, and I’m pretty sure Ally wouldn’t do that to me. She seemed to be over it the times I’ve spoken to her after that. Didn’t even bring it up. In fact, the first time we talked after our argument, I talked about actually being able to date him, and she was happy for me! Ugh, I don’t know what to think.

I storm into the cafeteria and sit with my group of friends. I had been sitting with Vic’s huge group for a while now, but I think tonight would be a good excuse to be back with my old group. They greet me and compliment my jacket as Vic approaches me.

“What was that about? Couldn’t slow down for me to catch up?”

“You didn’t make much of an effort to try and catch up, why accommodate to you?” I shoot back.

Whoa, I didn’t know I had it in me. He gives me an odd look before quickly glancing at my friends, then back at me.

“You alright?”

“I’m fine,” I sigh, “what is it that you want?”

“Are you not sitting with us tonight?” he asks, oblivious to my anger towards him. Could he not take a hint?

“Nope,” I say, turning back to my friends.

“Can I at least get what you made for me?”

The nerve of this guy!

“Here,” I say, turning and pressing the container to his body.

I pause and regret doing that, feeling harsh for it. I look up to see a mix of bewilderment and impatience building up.

“What is your deal?” he barks at me. “You know what? Forget it, you can take this back,” he says, handing me the partly smashed foam container, “You know where to find me when you’re ready to act mature.”

He stomps off to the other end of the cafeteria to sit with his friends. Wow, that was…rude. And it stung a bit. Why did that get him so upset? I get snapped back when one of my friends clears their throat and tries to start a conversation to ease the tension. Throughout dinner I occasionally turn my head to see Vic at the table, stuffing his face and laughing with the guys. He has no right to laugh, not with the way he yelled at me tonight. He’s the one who should apologize, and I won’t talk to him until he does.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa, drama drama drama.
-K_K