‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

The New Girl

I fiddled with end of my shirt, not sure what to say. I am not good at this sort of thing, especially when it comes to female friends. Liza is in my room, staring blankly at my walls. She has never been here before, not even when she was almost mine, so that alone is making me tense. Roxy needs to hurry up and get here, whether it’s being said out loud or not, this is weird. I know her and Kellin are going through something, I can tell because she lacks her usual glow. Plus I haven't seen them two prancing around together in a few days, people talk even when you wish they wouldn't. I hate to see her without a smile on her face; it takes me back to when I was dumb enough to let Vic get her, then he was dumb enough to break her heart. I still blame myself for that. Not that there is anything I can do to change that now, my door opens and Roxy enters. I sigh in relief, Liza and I have been silent for the past fifteen minutes, if it got anymore tense in this room I was going to have to pull out embarrassing stories about myself just to relax my nerves.

“Girl, Kellin is a wreck. Why haven't you made up with him yet?” Roxy plops herself next to Liza on the couch, getting straight to the point.

Liza gives Roxy a dejected look and shrugs, biting her lower lip.

I watch as Roxy’s eyes widen and a worried expression filling her eyes. My stomach twists in knots, is Liza giving up on her marriage? Was that really all it took, one fight in almost two years? I want to talk her into making up with Kellin but instead I keep my mouth shut. I may be cool with him but I don't want to be any part of whatever love drama is going on here. Plus I don't need my words twisted and then I have problems with her hubby. I learned from him last year, you don't mess with what is his. So, I sit on the foot of my bed and pat Liza’s hand and smile. This is the only way to really let her know that I am there for her without crossing any lines.

“Dolcezza,” Roxy starts, sighing a bit before continuing, “You can’t let your fear stop you guys from patching things up. First of all, that would be stupid and keep making you both unhappy. Which by the way, I don't like. My second point is,” she waved two fingers in the air, “you are leaving in two days on your honeymoon. Honeymoons and silent treatments do not go hand in hand chica. Just go to him, talk things through.”

Liza looks her in the eye, “why isn’t he trying to make up with me? He messed up; he pushed me over the edge. Yet, he hasn't called, texted, visited my room, pretend to check up on me. What if he is regretting marrying me because I am not ready for kids?” Liza puts her face in her hands, sniffling, saying some muffled words I didn’t quite get.

Roxy rubs her back and I can see from the way her shoulders are shaking that she is crying. I get up and sit on the other side of her. I put my arm around her shoulders, feeling rather helpless about this whole thing. I give Roxy a look, begging her to fix this and she just shrugs. We are both at a lost. So I muster up some courage and hope that I can bs some helpful advice. Or at least say something to get her to stop crying.

“Liza, we men don’t think like you girls do. We really don’t know how to clean up the messes we make, especially,” I take a deep breath and exhale; this won’t be pretty, “especially when we feel sort of justified. I mean, he must feel like you knew he wanted kids and now that his best friend is having one, well it reminds him how important family is. Now I am not taking sides, but I feel like he is probably just as afraid to bring it up to you again because of how you reacted last time. I mean he hurt you, I am sure he doesn’t want to risk doing it again. Just like you don't want to risk arguing again, but silence is not fixing anything. You are just making yourself unhappy.”

I keep myself from adding, cut the guy some slack, that would have just made her flip out, I am sure. Plus I said that I wasn't taking sides, saying that would be like shouting team Kellin at the top of my lungs. Really, I am just team, fix this so there is no more crying, not after Liza just beat cancer. She should be thrilled, not sobbing. She looks at me, green eyes swimming in tears that are waiting to be shed.

“You really think he is afraid too?” she says in small voice.

“Of course honey,” Roxy pulls her attention to herself, “you guys are just new at this fighting thing, that is all. It will be just fine.”

“You know him better than us both,” I intercede, “how do you think he is feeling?”

“Horrid,” she sits up straighter, “sad, lousy, heartbroken, at a loss for words probably.” She pats my knee and gives me a small smile, “you guys are right! I can fix this!”

Then she bolts out of the room, a new spring in her step. I slouch back on the couch and grin at Roxy.

“Job well done eh?” I nudge her shoulder.

She laughs, “Yeah good job dork.” She kisses my cheek, “thanks.”

She leaves, probably heading home to her husband. I am alone; wondering when was it that two married chicks became my best friends. I shake my head when the new girl, Dana from culinary sends me a text.

‘I thought of you today.’

I stare at my phone; I don't even remember giving her my number. I shrug and reply in an out of character way.

‘I am sure you did, lol.’

I smile to myself; I like the thought of having a cocky edge. It makes me feel cool and sort of like a bad boy, which theater geek me is very far from. Dana doesn't need to know that though.

‘Let me cook for you.’

Now every girl knows that men love to be cooked for, even more so when it by a cute girl. Dana has those long chocolate brown curls that fall down to her mid-back. Oh and she has those cute dimples that draw your eyes to her freckles that dance ever so lightly across the tops of her cheeks. Her lips look like two pink rose petals, perfectly placed together, they look so inviting. Her pale gray eyes are hard to make out when she looks at you through her thick lashes. Or that cute way she plays with her left earlobe when she is flirting with me. Plus she is so tiny at 5’1, I love short girls. I like to scoop a girl up into my arms and make her feel protected. That's easier to do when she is so little. Not to mention that small body of her is shaped like a spanish guitar. Then again there is her voice, it’s a bit nasal but I guess it’s kind of cute too. It's not a deal breaker anyway. Plus she is ambitious, and clearly not afraid to go after what she wants. I like that in a girl. I bite my lip and laugh, she has potential indeed.

‘I will make you steak with red and green peppers, red potatoes, fresh baked rolls and jasmine rice.’

She texts me again before I answered her question. Impatient I see, I don't mind that.

‘I would like that.’ My mouth waters just at the thought of that food.

‘How’s tomorrow at 5 pm work for you?’

'Uh, yeah that works,’ I shrug as I write it, I do need to eat every day. No need to make her try that hard. ‘What will you make for dessert?’

‘Tomorrow it is and as for dessert I wouldn’t want to ruin the surprise. ;)’

Oh, this is going to be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
Widening out the view points to keep things interesting :) Let me know what you think

-Hana ♥