‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Carried Away

I down another glass and lean my head on the bed frame. I feel so dizzy. Yet I am so happy, because I’m with him.

“I don’t know, Vic,” I sigh, “he’s been acting a little different. What do you think? Am I just over analyzing again?”

“I think that you should just forget about it for tonight,” he says with a playful tug at my hair, “this is supposed to be our hang time.” He chuckles and strokes my cheek, “you’ll be okay.”

“Right,” I smile. I stretch and yawn, then gaze at the time, realizing how long I’d been in his room.

“It’s getting late. I should probably get going,” I say, getting to my feet. I feel a bit light headed as I try to walk away from his bed.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me closer, “please don’t go yet.”

I look him in the eyes and see a genuine yet desperate look in them. He just wants some time alone with his best friend. To be honest, I missed him too. Ever since I’ve been with Jack, I’ve seen Vic less and less. Poor guy.

“Alright,” I smile, planting myself in his lap, “I’ll stay.”

Time passed and we spent most of it silent. But it wasn’t a bad silence, it was a comfortable one. I lay in his familiar, warm, embrace and drifted in and out. The whiskey was really getting to me. How much had I had anyway?

I turn to face him and see his radiant face in a blur. He looked just as tired as I felt, but he wouldn’t fall asleep. He said he didn’t want to. He just wanted to enjoy the moment.

“This is nice,” I giggle involuntarily. “I wish it could always be like this.”

“It could, if you really want it to,” he says, staring into my eyes. “We could go back in time to before you were so busy.”

He searches my face for an answer with a serious expression on his. I couldn’t see quite straight but his piercing brown eyes really did feel invasive. But in the very best way.

“I love you,” I whisper.

He grins then I pull him in for a kiss. It was so rough, I could taste the alcohol we had shared, but I enjoyed it. I comb my fingers through his hair and deepen it, letting this feeling take over every ounce of my body. Something in me kept nagging at me, telling me I was doing something wrong. In the moment though, I didn’t care. All my cares were pushed to the side and I was happy that Vic could do something like that to me. Suddenly he started to trail his kisses down to my chin, and then moved to my neck. I smiled to myself, glad that I came over tonight. Everything all at once turned into a big blur, up to the point where Vic’s room just turned into a beige blob and Vic was a floating figure.
__________________________________________________________________________________

That doesn’t seem right. What happened that night? I don’t remember past that moment. What Naomi said though…it can’t be true. Did we really? I just-

“Hey Ally, you’re squeezing my arm,” someone shouts.

I snap out of my flashback and see Spencer glaring at me. I was digging my nails into his arm.

“Oh, sorry,” I say, releasing him.

“What’s wrong?”

“Uh,” I push some hair behind my ear, “it’s nothing, really. Just, school.”

“Oh. That sucks,” he chuckles. He finally examines his arm and sighs, rubbing the nail marks. “That must be some real stress you got there. Want to go for a smoothie or something to relieve it?”

He flashes me a toothy grin. I feel bad though, because I’m just going to turn him down. I apologize and tell him that I just need the night to myself to relax. I needed time to think about that night. I didn’t tell him that part of course. He tells me that he understands, and if I needed anything that I should call him. I agreed and promised to grab a smoothie with him another night.

We parted ways at the entrance of the park and I decided to take the scenic route home. I took the trail that would lead me by the lake, so that I could sit and listen to the chirping birds getting ready to sleep. I love that time of day; it’s not too late, but the sun is setting, which made a great scene. I finally get to a bench a few feet away from the lake and lay down – what better way to unwind?

It didn’t last long though. I close my eyes and try to concentrate on that night. Decide whether it really happened or not. I know it did, but at the same time, I don’t. When Naomi asked I couldn’t honestly confirm. I probably blacked out from all the alcohol we had that night. Looking back at the moment though, I was so happy to be with him. I didn’t worry about Jack at the moment, and apparently I didn’t care what Lizzy would think if she found out. I had no worries. Now though…I don’t know what to think. I just can’t believe Vic told Naomi. I mean yeah, that’s his girlfriend, but, it’s just not right.

I feel myself giving in to sleep when suddenly I’m yanked off the bench. I scream in shock and try to figure out what is going on. All I see is a quick glance of black before something hard knocks me over the head. I feel myself getting pulled under as the memories flood over me again.
__________________________________________________________________________________

“Ally.”

I start to stir, and get bombarded with a massive headache. I open my eyes and find Vic hovering over me. I rub my temples and let out a whimper. “Don’t worry a few pills and some sleep should take care of that,” he flicks me on the forehead before falling back onto the bed.

“Did I-”

“Yes, you slept over,” he laughs, “This isn’t the first time you slept in a boy’s room, right?”

Guilt rushes over me as I remember Jack. How could I forget about him? I don’t know what came over me last night. Despite that, I feel a blush creep up my cheeks, but not from being embarrassed, from feeling an unknown source of joy. I manage a sheepish grin and dismiss his question. I feel so tired.

“What time is it anyway?”

“It’s only six in the morning,” he says, glancing at the clock. “You should probably escape to your room while you have the chance. Headmaster doesn’t start lurking in the halls until seven.”

“Yeah, I should do that.”

I get up from the bed and notice that I barely had any clothes on; I’m only left in a spaghetti strap tank top and…a pair of Vic’s shorts? I give him a confused look and he shrugs.

“It was hot, and you didn’t bring pajamas.”

Makes sense. I guess.

“Alright, see you later.”

“Don’t forget you’re my date tonight,” he smirked.

I forgot Jack told me he couldn’t make it tonight, that’s partly the reason why I came to Vic’s room last night in the first place. I was so upset, and I knew he would cheer me up or give me a lame guy excuse as to why Jack wasn’t actually able to make it. He had told me he didn’t feel well, but how did he know that this ‘sickness’ would last up to tonight? Whatever. I’m not going to stress it. Vic said I’ll be fine.

“How could I?” I smile ruefully at him and grab my clothing which was piled on the floor next to the bed. “Adios.”
__________________________________________________________________________________

“Ow.” I rub the back of my head as my eyes start to focus in the dim lighting.

Man, I must have gotten carried away. That’s weird. Suddenly the air is knocked out of me as I trip off of the surface of something. What though? Where am I? Why can’t I breathe right?

I begin to flail but that helps nothing. It makes this worse. I feel something itching around my neck. It’s so tight. My hands trail up to feel what it is and it feels like rough twine. I panic and scream with whatever strength have left before blacking out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let us know your thoughts.
- K_K