‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

The Waiting Room

I stand with the police nervously balling the bottom of my shirt into my fist. They said it was a good thing that Paige found Ally when she did because if she didn't she would have died. I bite my top lip hard and dig my nails into my skin. I wait for them to give me further details about what happened. I moved on biting the inside of my check. I can now taste a bit of blood that is a clearly sign that I am biting down way too hard. I squirm in the waiting room of the emergency room that Ally was brought to two hours ago. Still no news, after two hours.

It is so packed in here, the same way it was last year when Jack and Kellin were ambushed. Only on that day Ally was by my side, now she is in some room behind those creepy swinging double doors. What if she doesn't make it? Did she really want to die that badly? I feel my stomach twist in knots, I clench my fist tighter taking in more fabric in my hand. Why must Ally continuingly pull these stunts?

I look up and I see Naomi crying, Vic is trying to comfort her while hiding the grief in his own face. My parents are huddled in a corner with Kellin as their center as he is trying to keep their thoughts positive. An officer comes into the waiting area looking around, so I jump up and head towards him. I try to smooth the bottom wrinkles of my shirt so I can at least look like I can handle whatever news he has to tell me.

“Elizabeth?” His eyebrows squeeze together as he looks at all the worried faces turned in our direction. “I have news about what happened to your sister.”

I nod afraid words will fail me, I just want to know. I have to know what happened, why she did this.

“She has two blows to the back of her head and rug burn on her back. This evidence points to it being a set up suicide. Which means that someone tried to murder her." My chest tightens. "With the added evidence of her front door being broken in, her things were thrown about like someone was searching for something. We would like to ask you some questions about your sister.”

“Umm okay, can my husband be with me?” I feel Kellin move towards me.

“Sure, you both follow me please.” He walks out of the waiting room and we trail behind. Kellin squeezes my hand to reassure me its fine. He opens the door of a small office, letting us in first. “Have a seat please,” we sit in the two chair across from the desk and Kellin grabs my hand right away. The officer pulls a pad out and a pen, “these are some simple questions. Just some stuff so we can find the person or people responsible for what happened today.”

I nod and clear my throat, “okay.”

“Does Ally have any enemies? Anyone who would want to hurt her?” His pen stays hovering over the page.

I feel like I am swimming in the horrors of our past, the very past I so hoped was truly behind us.

“Yes,” My voice cracks and I feel my hand starts trembling.

“Good, who are they?” his eyes are glued to the paper ready for me to spill.

“Tally, but she isn’t here she is on a school trip to Russia. Umm, Max’s older brother, Ryan but I think he is still in jail, at least that’s what I last heard. I am not really that certain. ” I squeeze Kellin’s hand so hard I am sure it hurts. “She may have some people who don’t like her much at school.”

“Yes, our records shows she got into a fist fight with another student. Would you know anything about that?” He lifts his eyes and looks at me.

I look at my lap and I could feel the tears spilling down my cheek, “no, I didn’t know.” I feel my chest tighten, “we hardly talk, we’ve…” I am gasping for air, “we’ve…grown apart. How could I not know?”

My whole body is shaking with sobs, and its weighed down with guilt. Kellin pulls me in and holds me so close. The officer said something I couldn't make out but I could feel Kellin nod at him. I hear the door close and I know that the officer left. How could I let things get this way?
_________________________________________________

How could I have let things get this way? One day I am laughing and getting things back on track and the next day Ally is almost dead hanging from the ceiling in her apartment. She couldn't even call me or anyone of her friends to get comfort. In a way we all failed her. I hold Tania’s hand tight; she squeezes tight against my fingers. I am so worried that all the stress will have on her and the baby. I told her to stay home with Roxy who is too sick to come with but she came anyway. I knew that she just wanted to keep herself by my side in this distressing time. I rub her belly absently, feeling our baby boy press against my hand. I lean in and kiss her gently.

“Go eat baby, I heard Naomi and Vic saying that would get some grub. So I think you should go. I will be right here waiting.”

She gives me a worried look, “Are you sure?”

I give her my best smile, “yes my love.”

“I will bring you a burger and some fries okay?” She caresses my cheek.

I kiss her and send her off, “yes, that would be great honey.”

I watch her waddle off with Vic and Naomi, feeling panic fully fill my chest. I am really worried about Ally, and afraid that if I see her something I thought was gone will boil over in un-dealt with emotions. I mean, I never really got closure with Ally. I never got to really say sorry about that girl, or that night of winter fest when I blew her off. I mean how would have I even started to tell her that my dad died and I just wanted to be alone that night. I was in denial myself; there is no one I can explain what I didn’t want to accept. I feel like I am some how at fault for this, like I started her on a downward spiral. I look up at Rick, who is holding hands with a quiet blonde girl who just came to the music program this year. I laugh remembering the silly competition we had over a girl neither of us ended up with.

Tony got up and sits next to with a half smile on my face, “I think it’s really cool you being here. I mean especially after all the stuff between Ally and Vic came out in the open.”

He pats my shoulder and I cock my head to the side while laugh nervously.

“Yeah, I mean what’s in the past is the past right?” I try to rack my brain with what it could be.

“That’s true but still I think it messed up that she cheated on you the day your dad died. I mean sleeping with Vic like that.” My mouth goes dry and I stare at Tony. “You really are the bigger person.”

_______________________________________________

“You really are the bigger person,” The doctor said to me as I sat alone on the examination table.
“Not many people are willing to experience this on their own.” She picks up my chart and looks at me with her eyes filled with sadness. “When did the miscarriage occur?”

I clutch my hands together and fight back the tears, “a few hours ago.”

“Any stress related factors?” She writes down the information like that all my lost baby is now, words on a piece of paper.

'Yes, last night my best friend’s good for nothing sister stressed us all out but that’s not the whole reason. My best friend ran out suddenly in the afternoon and didn't say a word. Then when I got her call, it was so dark in my room so when I was getting the phone I tripped and fell into the night stand. I fell forward and bruised my stomach, I thought it was no big deal. The next day the bleeding started and then I just knew. I mean I had miss my periods that is pretty come for me. This is how I had to find out, with the death of my child.' I grip the end of my shirt, I feel a hate for Ally boiling over. 'If I would have known,” I am crying so hard my body is shaking, “I would have been more careful.'

I can't say that out loud, so instead I say, "Yes, I received bad news about my best friend's sister. That led to me falling into my bed side table and bruising my stomach."

The doctor gave me the saddest look in the world, “I am so sorry.” She shifts and clears her throat. “Change into the gown, we have to scrap you or you will get an infection.”

I grab the gown as she left the room. I plan to keep this to myself, but I swear Ally will pay. This will be the last time her selfish actions cause someone else pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Much Drama!! Jam packed with Point of Views. Please let us know what you think and share this story with all your friends. ♥

-Hana ♥