‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

Apple of Her Eye

“Hello.”

“Good morning babe, didya’ sleep well?”

“Yes I did bubbies.”

“Cool. I’ll be there to pick you up in like half an hour, okay?”

“Yeah, Reggie, thanks. Love you,” I smile.

“Love ya’ too.”

I hang up and stretch out in my bed, squinting my eyes from the sun rays streaming from the window. School started about a month ago and I’m still not used to Ally being gone. It’s weird; I can’t visit her dorm anymore, I can’t have lunch with her. She’s not here to marvel at the experiments I make in the student lounge kitchen - it sucks. That was my girl right there. Now if I want to visit her, I have to take public transportation for a little more than an hour. I can only spend a day or two with her before I have to return to campus due to strict rules here. It’s harder now that school started because I’m occupied with class assignments along with work. I never see her, plus I am totally worried if she is eating right. That’s another thing that bothered me – I can’t just walk down the corridor and get a smoothie and a free sandwich as a little treat from her.

I decide it’s time to stop being a Debbie downer and to start getting ready for school. I take a quick shower then walk over to my closet to make up today’s outfit; there are so many things I can do with these school colors, I’m so glad that we have artistic freedom. I swiftly pull a white button down off of a hanger and put it on along with a red plaid sweater vest. I then pull on a flow-y dark navy blue skirt with a cute little belt attached to it and slip on a pair of white knee high socks. I strut to my bathroom all model like and pose in the mirror. What to do with my hair? I flip it playfully and watch it bounce in my reflection. I had let it grow out since last year, so I could chop off the colored parts, so now it’s only black. At least its still shoulder length. I decide to pull it up into a pony tail, leaving my bangs out and complementing my curls with a red bow. I walk back into my room to put pair of black shoes on then pack my bag for class. I have the most perfect plaid over the shoulder purse that goes great with my vest!

There’s a knock on my door and I rush to open it, wanting so desperately to see my beautiful Reggie. He stands there with a lopsided smile, making my heart melt. My snookums is just a bit taller than me, standing at 5’10, I would know because I measured him one day when I accompanied him at the gym. He has a buzz cut, along with beautiful hazel eyes and the best part, light mahogany toned skin. He has a nicely built body, since he works out constantly. I loved when he wore button downs and his slack-skinny jeans, it’s so cute! Today his shirt is white and his jeans are dark blue – he’s matching with me! Its telepathy, I’m telling you! Ally would just love this; and by love, I mean gag. I love that chick.

“Hi bubbies,” I cheese.

“Hey,” he pulls me in for a kiss. “Ready to go?”

I nod and close the door behind me as we leave. We get to the cafeteria, hand in hand, and take our seats at the usual table. I greet Hannah and Megs who were sitting across from us. Daniel stopped sitting with us after the incident with Ally. She told us about it so we kind of shunned him, but he also left because he felt too guilty about it. Now he sits with some guys from his major. Not a big loss for me, since I've only known him for less than a year. Megs isn't taking it so great though – she had a crush on him and was super let down when she found out that he and Tally had a thing. Then when that thing blew up in her face about the photography torture with Ally, she totally shut her feelings down for him. I could tell she still misses him though. Hannah on the other hand couldn't really care less. She was furious when she found out, she loves Ally. She seems to pop up in our conversations a lot lately, she asks me how she is since she knows I call her a lot and that time I visited her in the beginning of the month. I wish she was here right now to drool over today’s breakfast special; chocolate crepes with cream cheese filling and whip cream. I pout at my menu and put it down, making sure to plan a visit as soon as possible.

After the school day I walk to Menus with Vic and Hannah. Vic and I befriended each other over the summer; it only made sense since we have a mutual best friend. This guy is a total character; I could tell why Ally had…feelings…for him. It was confusing, watching the chemistry between them when she was still on campus, cute, but confusing. I don’t know, they’re just weird. Anyways, we hung out a lot over the summer, I felt like it was my job to get close to him for her while she was away. That way, when he finally decided to visit her, I can go along with him and we can hang out as the three besties that will soon make it to stardom. I get all giddy just thinking about it.

When we get to our seats I search for Reggie who isn't at his spot in the moment. I shrug it off and laugh along at whatever joke Vic had said. Hannah and Megs like having his company, it makes up for Daniel’s absence. When I’m done eating I say good night and head to my room by myself. Reggie’s been missing dinner at our table for a couple of nights now, which worries me. Does he have an illness that I don’t know about and just rushed to his room after class? Did he make new friends this year to hang out with? Whatever, I’m sure it’s nothing. After taking a shower I dress into my favorite pink fuzzy pajamas and turn the TV on, getting ready for a Top Chef marathon.

“That’s going to be me one day,” I whisper to myself. I could feel my cocky grin. “Top chef.”
♠ ♠ ♠
- K_K