‹ Prequel: Just for a Moment
Sequel: Misplaced Words
Status: This story is complete but being revised. Part four is now in progress ♥

Dizzy Hurricane

It's my Life

I sat in the class chewing the end of my pen cap, I look over to where Ally used to sit and I feel the urge to throw something. It’s barely two months into the school year and I am already being tortured. It’s just so unfair that my best friend gets thrown out from school, while the bane of everyone’s existence is still roaming the halls with Sonia clutching her arm. I hate that I have to see Tally every day. I can’t believe I actually fell for her fake charm just because she was “as wounded” about Kellin and Lizzy as I was. It’s because of her I gave up and never made any attempts to mend stuff with Lizzy. Not that it would have worked; she and Kellin are painfully perfect together. Its moments like this that I would look over at Ally and she would make some dumb face and mouth that she can’t wait for the next break. I really miss Ally sitting next to me, this whiny dude in her seat is a pest and I wish he would just shut up already.

The summer without Ally was pretty lame, not that it was going to be anything but once we found out Lizzy had cancer. My stomach turns in knots just thinking of it. I look up at Brendon who was teaching at the moment but also helps to carry the burden of Lizzy’s illness when he is not working. Brendon has turned out to be a really awesome friend. I wish Ally was here to get to know him better, plus to be here for her sister. They didn't see each other at all over the summer. I sigh and this guy takes that as a cue to whisper his complaints to me. I roll my eyes and lower my head so that my face is flat on my desk, somebody please kill me now. At least I have a break from him since it like fifteen minutes to lunch. I am looking forward to it. I will be having lunch with Naomi, who after Ally left became my friend. It just kind of happened with all the free time we had with Ally gone. I was happy that with Ally’s absence I got over the weirdness I was feeling for her, in theory since I haven’t seen her in almost three months. I am unhappy that the weirdness was now directed towards Naomi, it has to be the dimples. Or maybe it’s her long black hair? I groan as the guy keeps chattering away making the minutes drag by. Of course Kellin, who sits a seat behind me, snickers, thinking the whole thing is funny. I kick my foot back and hit his leg which just makes him laugh louder.

Brendon gives us a dirty look, but I could tell he is hiding a smile. I nod and we both quit it. Of course that makes me feel like laughing. I mean who nods like that anyway? Yes sir, I will go back to pretending that this lecture on musical theory is the best thing I have ever heard. When the bell that signals lunch rings, I could almost dance. As I am about to walk out, Brendon pulls Kellin and I to the side.

“Come on dudes, I get that we are friends and all but please respect me while I work.” He gives us a stern look.

“Of course man.” I hit him on the arm.

“Sure dude,” Kellin shrugs, he punches me in the arm, “tell raggedy Ally I said hi.”

Then he walks out. I am cracking up at the use of Ally’s secret nickname. I think of how she got tossed around in the car ride to Disney World. You can’t buy moments like that. Then I remember how she kissed me and my laughter stops. Why does stuff like that keeping happening between me and Ally? Do I like it? Do I like her? I am not even sure.

I am halfway to the door when Brendon says, “Give the music history teacher hell though, that dude gets on my nerves.”

I laugh as I leave the room to meet up with Naomi. I am walking towards the meeting spot when I hear Naomi’s I-am-with-Reggie laughter and I roll my eyes. That guy is a tool. He is such a dumb jock. He works out every day; he has even blown Naomi off just to be at the gym. Naomi is so blind to the fact that he is a huge flirt; I mean I never see a girl pass him without him trying to hit on her. Naomi just gives him big gooey 'I love you' eyes like everything he does is perfect. If he is anything like his best friend, Dante, then he is a player too. He is probably with an older chick from the other campus so Naomi never finds out.

“Vic,” Naomi squeals and hugs me.

She bats her big lashes at me, and laughs. I swear this girl is more like Ally than she realizes.

“Hey,” I hear the tightness in my voice as I watch Reggie flirt with Sonia who, I hope, is about to leave.

“Have you spoken to Ally today?” She pushes her hair behind her ear.

“Why does everyone think I talk to her every day?” I raise an eyebrow at her.

“Because she is your girlfriend.” She gives me a duh look.

“Wh…wh…what?!? Who said that?” I ask her, “look Ally and I speak only when she gets time and she is not my girlfriend.”

“Well you guys kiss a lot for people who aren’t dating.” She shrugs and walks back to Reggie’s side, slipping her arm in between his left arm and his side. She sighs and lays her head on his shoulder. He keeps talking to Sonia like Naomi isn’t even there. “I am going to have lunch with Vic now baby.”

He barely nods as he dismisses her. She stands in front of him with her hand on her hip waiting for a kiss. He rolls his eyes with a small chuckle to make it look like he thinks what she did is adorable then he kisses her on the cheek. She blushes and skips over to me satisfied with that lame excuse of affection.

“So Reggie, huh?” I say as we head to IHop.

“Yeah, he is so great! I still can’t believe that he is my boyfriend. It’s like the best thing that happened to me besides meeting Ally of course.” She laughs and brushes my arm lightly.

I mentally kick myself, why must I always like the girls I can’t have? I think of Kathy and wonder why I never just went after things with her. Maybe I should just stick with my first and truest love, music. My life would be so much simpler if I just stuck to that. I bite my lip and tried to focus on whatever Naomi is saying to me. I am sure that it’s about Reggie and his perfect smile. Or maybe today it will be about his hair? I do these things to myself. I should be getting lunch with my boys instead of this chick. Then I am unexpectedly and happily saved by Jack.

“Hey Vic,” he is grinning from ear to ear.

“Sup dude?” I pound my fist against his.

“I will wait for you over there.” Naomi points to the entrance, huffs at Jack and walks away.

“I just got the best news ever.” He stays grinning.

I walk away from the conversation completely shocked. I numbly walk over to Naomi.

“Get us a table. I have to call Ally really quickly.”

She gave me a brazen I-knew-it look and walked over to a table.

I pick up my phone and call Ally. This is going to make her freak out but I can't keep this from her. Not even to protect her.

“Hello,” she whispers which means she is probably at lunch in her new school trying to hide the fact that she is on her phone.

“Jack and Tania eloped and they are having a baby.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Let us know what you think. We love comments :)

-Hana ♥