Necrokinesis

Terror In Sandra

Welcome to Sandra! population 604.

I stroll into Sandra pushing my bike aside from me. It is very late, probably 4 am as the orange street lights shine into the darkness above me. Clearly I will be safe for tonight. I better get some sleep. There isn't much of this place, a gas station, cafe, and bank. Toward the edge of town (which took like 10 min) I find a small park.

It Isn't too shabby. Taking my pick on the small white tunnel, lifted up by wooden planks on either side and in the middle for support. It is cold, not deathly, but still very shivering. My sweatshirt looks pathetic to the weather. Have to confess, the only reason I was warm earlier, was cause of riding with the wind and the heat build up of biking for 5hrs.

After miserable suffering in the plastic tunnel I decided to do what I do best. Stealing. I left my belongings inside the tunnel and go in search of decent homes. Preferable one without an alarm system, yet this is a town of about 600, shouldn't be too hard.

Took a while believe it or not. Every house I rode by I was looking for easy access to a window, and other evidence to robbery entrance. Finally this medium size house of white plaster caught my eye. Not cause of the color but of a patio door open a crack off to the side of the house, perfect.

Thrashing my bike into the nearby brush, I overwhelm myself as my hand magical reaches the door handle. Holding my breath, I slide the door open. I am meeted with gust of warm air. Warm.

This place is in good shape. I walked in what appear's to be a laundry/mud room. The carpet is a ugly brown, and dirty white walls with what looks like a stuffed dear head above the left doorway, leading into another room. I huddle to it, stepping into a different room.

Kitchen. Jackpot. Opening the cupboards, fridge, and freezer. I am truly loving this, grabbing whatever with my hands, putting it in my hoodie pocket and hood. Then came the noise, the noise that will change my life, forever.

"What you doing with are food?"

I turn around and see a little girl, 7? 8? give or take. She was in jammy pants, with a purple tank-top, teddy bear in hand, brown short hair a mess. The girl doesn't look dangerous, or scared, just a worry look.

"Umm I am Santa Claus… elf, and… umm, he wanted me to see if you guys have cookies for him to eat."

"It October."

"So?" I answer nervously.

"There no snow."

"Um there is going to be snow tomorrow, so you better go off to bed or the snow won't come and I can't give Santa his cookies."

"O tay." She said, teddy bear gripped in her hand, dangling by it's arm. The girl went out of the kitchen and into a hall, I assume toward her room. That was a close one. Then came heavy footsteps from the same direction the little girl disappeared to. A click behind me, making a distinctive sound.

"You have 10 seconds to get out of my house, or I will blow your head off!"

Clink-clank a can of Spaghettios hits the tile floor beneath me. Hands above my head I stare to a big,fat, harry guy, holding a shotgun. Aim for my face.