Status: First story so please leave me feedback

I'll Be There

Andrea McCleary lived a normal life in Pittsburgh. When her parents told her, on her high school graduation day, that she would be having the little brother that she always wanted, she was thrilled. Although her parents were older, she didn't doubt their ability, that is, until three years later, when he was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Suddenly Andrea was thrown into hospital visits, chemo appointments, and college finals while her parents vacation in Barbados and other tropical destinations after taking an early retirement.
James Neal was living the normal, NHL bachelor life. When the team went for the annual visit, a year later, to UPMC Children's Hospital, the team comes across little Toby McCleary. The team instantly falls in love with him and his adorable quirkiness, including James Neal.

Toby McCleary is 4-years-old, but he is nothing if not a fighter. The doctors didn't expect him to make it 3 months, let alone a year, and he is greatly rewarded when his idols come to the children's hospital and he gets to meet Sidney Crosby, Chris Kunitz, and all his other favorite players. The only thing missing is his big sister...