Collide With This Guy

Chapter 21

On our last rehearsal thing at Tony’s house, Kellin made a startling declaration to me.
“I want to do this song for the talent show instead,” he sighed, sitting down on the couch next to me during one of our breaks. I sat up straight and gave him a funny look.
“But your mom-“
“Fuck my mom,” he spat.
“Um,” I really had no idea what to say to that. All I knew was that just a month or so ago, he was terrified of her still. “Kells, come on.”
“Right, I guess it’s not a good idea,” he said, dejectedly. “I totally wish we could though- it’s awesome.”
“Yeah, can’t do it anyway,” Mike pointed out. “Tony doesn’t go to our school.”
“I could always make a digital copy of the instrumentals. That way all you have to do is sing and perform or whatever,” Tony suggested. Kellin brightened.
“Yeah, do that,” he said.
“Kellin, no,” I told him. He rolled his eyes. “I’m not letting you get in trouble, okay?”
“Fine,” he grumbled.
“Damn, someone’s whipped,” Mike chuckled.
“Shut up,” I snapped from across the room.
“Wait are you guys, like going out?” Justin suddenly asked. I let out a moan. I had met Justin a number of times by this point- he was just now figuring this out?
“Yeah,” Kellin said, proudly. I smiled, but then it quickly faded. It was great that Kellin was becoming more and more comfortable in his own skin, let alone our relationship. However, it just meant that we were getting closer and closer to one of our parents finding out. To be honest, with the amount of time we spent locked in my room, I was surprised they hadn’t already caught on.
“There, I’m burning the CD now,” Tony announced. When he was finished he leaned over and handed it to Kellin.
“We don’t need it,” I insisted.
“We might,” Kellin interjected. I gave up and let Kellin take the CD, watching as he slipped it into the pocket of his sweatshirt he’d brought with him. After it was put away, he leaned against me as we sat together, wrapping an arm across my middle. I put my arm around him, holding him there.
“Alright, now let’s go celebrate!” Mike said, setting his drumsticks down and standing up.
“Oh you bet,” Tony agreed, clicking on a few more items on his laptop before closing it.
“Are you having a party?” Justin asked.
“Dude, yeah,” Mike chuckled as we all got to our feet and headed upstairs, where there were a bunch of people already crowding into Tony’s house. I had no idea how he was okay with people just walking in with alcohol and shit. I was pretty sure half of the people were already drunk. I excused myself to use the restroom and when I came back out, I wasn’t exactly surprised to see Kellin already with a drink in each hand.
Part of me loved seeing him so outgoing, but there was this other part of me that still wanted him to be that shy, innocent kid that needed me to explain things to him and keep him under my wing. I stood there in the hallway, far enough away so that Kellin couldn’t see me, but I could very well see him. God, he was so cute. I loved the way his whole face just lit up when he smiled- how he was so easily excited by everything. I bit my lip, and watched as he started dancing with a couple of giggly girls. They probably thought he was adorable. Too bad, ladies, he’s mine, I thought to myself, smirking.
My chest got this fuzzy feeling inside of it and I felt like my stomach was flipping over, but in the best way possible. I smiled wide, as something dawned on me.
I was in love with him.
That’s right- I loved Kellin Quinn. I loved the goody-two-shoes preppy kid that lived next door. I loved the skinny white boy that annoyed me to no end when I first met him.
I was so lost in my sudden day dream about Kellin, when I didn’t even realize he was running over.
“Vic! There you are!” he said, cheerfully, wrapping his arms around my waist. I hugged him back and sighed. Yeah, I definitely loved him.
“Having fun already?” I asked him, noting the empty cup in his hand. He looked down at it curiously.
“Yeah I guess,” he shrugged. “You should have some.”
“Nope. Driving,” I reminded him. He rolled his eyes.
“You’re no fun,” he said.
“Yes, because staying alive is so boring,” I said sarcastically.
“You know what I mean,” he moaned, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the kitchen.
“I told you I’m not-“
“I know, I’m just getting a refill,” he smirked, stopping at the table with the mixed drinks on it. I watched as he made himself a drink, noticing that it was the same one I made for him the first time I brought him to a party.
“You actually like that stuff?” I asked. He didn’t seem to hear me over the music, so he just put the rim of the cup to his lips and drank.
Before long, Kellin had turned into a giggly mess. He was trying to get me to dance with him, but it was extremely hard to do so when he couldn’t even stand up right.
“Vic, come on, you’re not trying,” he whined, from the floor.
“You’re the one on the floor, sweetie,” I pointed out, helping him up as he let out another moan.
“I need to wash my hands,” he said, randomly.
“No you don’t,” I sighed, as he made his way to the closest door. “Kells, that’s not even a bathroom!”
He opened up what seemed to be a coat closet and stumbled inside. I followed him inside and caught him as he lost his balance yet again. He started giggling uncontrollably.
“What’s so funny?”
“This is a closet,” he said. “We- we’re in the closet both literally . . . and metaphorically.”
And then came another round of giggled. I moaned and held him up as I went to open the closet door that had somehow closed behind us. I grabbed the handle to turn it, but it was locked. I jiggled the handle a bit, but it still wouldn’t budge.
“Fuck,” I muttered under my breath.
“What?”
“You locked us in a fucking closet, you moron,” I moaned.
“Oops,” he sighed, dropping to the floor again. I moaned and fumbled for the light switch. I looked down to see him lying on the floor of the surprisingly spacious walk-in coat closet.
“You’re so drunk,” I said, shaking my head as he giggled.
“No I’m not,” he laughed. I sat on the floor next to him and pulled my phone out of my pocket to call Mike. Of course, it went straight to voicemail. I tried calling Tony, too, but it was the same thing. I groaned and sat back against the wall. How the hell were we going to get out of there?
“You’re just trouble, aren’t you?” I asked him and he shrugged, rolling onto his back before sitting up. He crawled over to me and situated himself in my lap in between my legs. I held him as he snuggled against my chest. The stench of the alcohol on him was more than obvious, but I didn’t mind.
He was so quiet for a while there I thought he’d fallen asleep. But then I felt a mischievous hand drifting up my thigh and across the front of my jeans. My breathing hitched at the slight but unexpected friction.
“Kellin,” I said, lightly, as he looked up at me, grinning. “What are you doing?”
“Touching you,” he said, with a seemingly innocent shrug. He rubbed a little harder at the front of my jeans. I bit my lip and clenched my eyes shut at the sensation. God, I loved it when he touched me, even if it was just a little bit. “Do you want more?”
I thought about it for a minute. I mean, we were stuck in the closet, and we weren’t going to be leaving for a little while anyway. I could give Mike or Tony a little bit more time to call me back.
“Yeah,” I finally said as he went to unbuttoning my jeans. I let out a sigh of relief as he slid them down my thighs before he went right to sucking me off. I let out a moan, not expecting him to start so quickly. I mean, it still felt awesome, but he’d definitely done better before. Maybe it was because he was totally smashed wasn’t exactly coordinated. I closed my eyes and leaned back against the wall, letting him do what he wanted, when the door suddenly sprung open and someone stumbled through, closing the door behind them.
“Fuck, Kells, stop,” I whispered harshly, tapping on his shoulders as I looked up to see who had barged in. When I saw who it was, I found even more of a reason for him to stop. He didn’t seem to care that there was someone else in the room, though, if he even noticed.
“Vic, is that you?” Jaime asked, his speech slurred considerably. I felt my face turning a thousand shades of red and all I wanted to sink into the floor and disappear. When he spoke, Kellin suddenly let up and sat up as I reached between my legs to cover myself.
“Um-“ was all I managed to say. I hadn’t heard a peep out of Jaime since he’d kissed me during in school suspension.
“Vic,” Kellin whined, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face against my stomach.
“Don’t stop on my account,” Jaime chuckled, which only made me feel more uncomfortable. Hell if I was going to let Kellin pleasure me in front of Jaime. This was too fucking weird- it didn’t matter that they were both drunk off their asses.
“Fuck you,” I spat, pulling up my pants and pulling Kellin to his feet as I stood up. Since Jaime had opened the door, the closet wasn’t locked anymore, so I made my way out, dragging Kellin behind me. I stopped by Mike on the way out and told him we’d be in the car when he was ready to go.
I helped Kellin outside and into the passenger seat of my car. He fell asleep almost immediately, and I just sat there, awkwardly waiting for Mike while trying to shake all of that embarrassment from memory. If anything, I wanted to pretend like that whole closet thing never happened.