Collide With This Guy

Chapter 9

I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to kiss him back, or if I was supposed to push him away. I knew what I wanted to do, but what was the appropriate thing to do? I mean, we were at a party, so I guessed that appropriateness didn’t really matter. Just as I decided that I was going to kiss him back, he was pulling away, and I had missed my opportunity.

“What was that for?” I snapped, trying to brush it off and make it seem like I hadn’t just tried to kiss him back or whatever. I still didn’t know what his intentions were.

Kellin just burst into another fit of giggles.

“You’re so angry,” he laughed. I didn’t know why he was laughing, but I guess that was just the kind of drunk he was. Everything was fucking funny to him.

“I’m not angry,” I said, defensively. “I just want to know why you kissed me.”

He looked like he was about to say something, but before he could, he got this funny look on his face like he was going to-

“Shit,” I said, quickly trying to lead him into the bathroom that was nearby. I passed by a girl that had been in line to get in, but I didn’t really care. Lucky for me, we made it to the toilet before he actually threw up.

I sat on my knees behind him, trying to hold his hair back out of his face as he emptied the contents of his stomach. The girl I had cut in front of gave me a disgusted look, so I glared at her. She rolled her eyes and walked off, probably to find another bathroom. I mean, it was a huge house, I was sure there were at least five.

“Are you okay?” I asked Kellin as he sat back on his knees. I grabbed a few tissues nearby and tried to hand them to him so that he could wipe his face. He tried to, but somehow kept missing his face, so I took the tissues from him and just did it myself. I’ll admit it, it was pretty gross, but it was Kellin.
He shook his head, sadly, “I want to leave,” he said, leaning over and slumping against me. I wondered if he had any idea how clingy he was being, but I decided to just accept it. I wrapped my arms around him as we sat there, locking my fingers together.

“I told you it was too much,” I said, softly. He nodded against my chest.

“I don’t feel well,” he whined.

“Let’s go home then,” I suggested, moving so that I could stand up and then help him to his feet. I held his hand and helped him downstairs so that I could look for Mike. I found him talking to another girl, this time with a beer in his hand. I marched over to him, with Kellin clinging to my arm.

“Mike, we have to leave,” I told him. He rolled his eyes

“Dude, no,” he scoffed.

“Kellin’s not doing well,” I informed him. His eyes fell to the boy clinging to my arm, still looking sick and tipsy.

“Damn, what’d you give him?” Mike wanted to know. I rolled my eyes.

“It’s not my fault- he just got carried away, now can we please get going?” I said, impatiently. Mike moaned, but reluctantly agreed to leave with us. Mike could hold his alcohol probably a thousand times better than Kellin could, so he was able to help me practically carry him to the car.

“Did you have fun, Kells?” Mike asked, from the back seat once we were all loaded in the car. Kellin turned his head slightly to look at Mike in the back seat.

“No you had fun,” he retorted, almost defensively. “Vic didn’t have fun though.”

“Vic’s no fun,” Mike confirmed.

“Shut up,” I mumbled.

“No, you shut up,” Kellin said, a small giggle popping out of him. Well, at least he wasn’t doing too poorly if he could still attempt lame come backs.

“Alright, fine,” I mumbled, a smile tugging at my lips. When we finally got back to the house, I made sure to look over at the Quinn’s to make sure that no lights were on. There weren’t any, so I deemed it safe to get out of the car and lead them both inside. I got to the foot of the stairs with Mike and Kellin when I heard someone clearing their throat behind me. Shit.

“Mom?” I gasped, turning around. She looked pissed, too. I told Mike and Kellin to just go upstairs, and that I’d come up later. There was no use for them to get yelled at while intoxicated anyway.

“Victor, what in God’s name is going on? Why are you guys in so late and why do I smell alcohol?” she demanded to know. I sighed. “Have you been drinking?”

“No, I haven’t,” I told her truthfully. I was a bit anxious, but I knew that my mom would rather hear the truth. “I mean, Kellin and Mike are pretty shit faced-“

“Language,” she scolded.

“Sorry- anyway, I was just looking out for them,” I explained. “ Please don’t tell Mrs. Quinn though.”

“And why shouldn’t I?” she asked, her eyebrow raised.

“Because, they’ll eat him alive and never let him come over ever again,” I said, sounding a little too desperate. I didn’t particularly care, though- it was late and all I wanted to do was go to bed. “And it wasn’t even Kellin’s idea, he just wanted to have fun, you know?”

She looked like she was actually considering it, then let out a long sigh. “You’re lucky I’m going to listen to you. But, only because you were responsible enough to look after your brother and your friend.”

“Thank you!” I said, moving to give her a hug. She sighed.

“But if I ever catch this happening again, you are going to be in so much trouble, mister,” she warned.

“Yeah, I know,” I said, before saying goodnight and heading upstairs. When I got to my room, I found the light on and Kellin in a heap . . . on my bed.

“Hey, sleepy head,” I said, poking him in the side. “Do you want me to set up your sleeping bag?”

“Nooooo,” he mumbled, keeping his eyes closed. “I don’t wanna move.”

“Okay, fine, I’ll just sleep on the floor,” I mumbled, going to grab the sleeping bag that he brought. I didn’t get far, though, because he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

“No, don’t leave,” he pleaded, jutting out his bottom lip in a pout. I could feel my face growing hot.

What was up with him? First he was kissing me for no reason, and now he was begging me to let him sleep in my bed with me.

“Uh, sure,” I mumbled, uncomfortably. “Let me get the lights.”

I got up off the bed and turned the light switch off before kicking off my jeans and getting into bed. I tried to stay on the completely opposite edge of the bed from Kellin as he slept. It would have been so tempting to just roll over and spoon him, but I told myself that it probably wasn’t a good idea.
---
The next morning, I woke up to a strange feeling. I mean, I guess it wasn’t too strange, it was just that I felt an extra weight on me, someone’s breath against my skin. I jumped, my eyes fluttering opened as I realized what was going on.

When I opened my eyes, I realized that I was facing Kellin, his face nuzzled against my neck as my arm slung lazily across his middle. He was still asleep, but started to stir when I removed my arm. I froze, not entirely sure what to expect. Would sober Kellin remember drunk Kellin kissing me? Oh God.

My heart was pounding in my chest as his long eyelashes fluttered and his eyes slowly opened, widening as he saw me. He stared at me a moment, and I held my breath, wondering what he was going to do. He gasped and sat up quickly.

“Ow,” he moaned, clutching his head in his arms.

“Hangover,” I stated the obvious, hoping to momentarily distract him from the awkwardness of waking up in my bed. I mean, it wasn’t that awkward. It wasn’t like we did anything.

“I feel awful,” he finally said.

“That’s alcohol for you,” I said, chuckling nervously. “Do you, uh . . . what do you remember from last night?”

He turned to me, giving me a sort of once-over as he assessed the current situation- us waking up in bed together.

“Well, I sure don’t remember this,” he said, looking a little freaked out. I just laughed.

“Nothing happened,” I assured him. “You just insisted on sleeping in my bed.”

“Oh,” he said. I noticed he was blushing, and I wondered what that meant. He looked down at the sheets, aimlessly pulling at the folds. “I remember throwing up.”

“That was pleasant,” I said, sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.

“I remember . . . I remember falling a lot,” he said, chuckling a little, embarrassed.

“Clumsy.”

And then suddenly the color drained from his face as he sat up straight and looked away completely. I propped myself on my elbow. I had a feeling I knew what the next thing he remembered was.

“And . . . I remember kissing you,” he said, almost inaudibly. He looked extremely uncomfortable, almost like he was going to cry or something. I watched as he got off of the bed and started going through his duffel bag to find a change of clothes. “I’m so sorry.”

I sat up the rest of the way when I realized he actually was crying.

“Why are you apologizing?” I wanted to know. I hadn’t even said anything about the kiss yet. He looked up at me, his eyes glossy and fearful.

“Because I’m embarrassed,” he admitted, then looked down, wiping his eyes on the hem of his shirt. He stood up and moved towards the door. “I’m sorry, I really shouldn’t have done that. I’m just going to change and then I’ll leave you alone.”

I didn’t entirely know what it meant. I didn’t know if that meant that he liked me or what, but I did know that the last thing I wanted for him to feel about kissing me was embarrassed. Before I could convince myself it was a bad idea, I bolted across the room, blocking him from leaving. He looked at me curiously, but with his eyes still watery. I held my gaze with him for a minute before leaning in and lightly pressing my lips against his. I allowed them to linger there for a second to see if he would respond. Just as I was about to pull away, though, he dropped the armful of clothes he had and reached his arms around me, keeping my lips against his.

The fact that he was kissing me back made me feel like I was on top of the world. Excitedly, I threw my arms around his neck and moved my lips against his eagerly. It was over all too soon though. Then again, anytime would have been too soon, because kissing Kellin felt amazing.
He pulled back slightly, looking at me like he was confused.

“Well that was interesting,” I said, breaking the silence. He chuckled nervously, looking down at the floor in between us, but keeping his hands at my waist.

“This might sound weird, but . . . I think I like you,” he said, chewing his bottom lip anxiously. I smiled so wide, I thought my face was going to explode.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a reminder . . . I am new to this site, and I have no idea how to navigate it haha. I see all of your comments and I love them. If you want me to respond, you can always send me asks on tumblr, or something. I know how to reply to those haha