Valentine

Be Mine

I've been sitting here for too long. My coke has gone flat and yet I still hold onto hope that he'll show. That this isn't a cruel joke. That his smile wasn't a lie. But it's hard to hold onto hope when everyone is giving me sympathetic looks and the girls from school are giggling and whispering behind their hands. But I've liked him for years and had dreamed of him asking me out. I can't leave and risk him showing up later. Because that would be my luck.

But what if he wants me to wait and when I finally leave he laughs at me for staying so long.

God I wish I had his number.

And I wish the girls would shut the hell up.

I've been waiting for two hours, he's not coming.

I sigh and put the money for a coke I barely sipped from down on the counter. The waitress gave me a look that screamed she was sorry. And I walked out of the diner not caring if the asshat did show up. If he wanted to go on a date he should have been on time. I held my head high and smirked at the girls and they shut up, questioning if their assumptions had been right.

When I reach the door I happen to look over and see him sitting on the bench placed beside the door. I sneer at him and walk away. Mumbling 'asshat' under my breath. I hear him running to catch up with me and really don't care. He's ruined my opinion of him and ended my silly crush. He reached out and grabbed my arm and I stopped only to shake him off.

"Don't touch me. Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Don't even think of me," I hissed my anger and hurt lacing my words.

"I'm sorry."

"I don't give a fuck."

I finally got his hands off of me and continued my walk. My anger practically radiating from my body and urging people to stay out of my way. I could hear him behind me and all it did was piss me off more.

"Go away."

"Not until you forgive me," I stopped at his words. Turning towards him, my eyes almost glowing with rage.

"No. I waited for two hours. Two. People were giving me sympathetic looks. Those twits from school were whispering and giggling. You embarrassed me."

"I was...I was nervous. I know how long you were there. I was on that bench just as long. I couldn't work up the nerve to go in."

"Well you should have because I want nothing to do with you,ever again."

"Don't be this way."

"What way? Hurt? Embarrassed? Angry?"

"I said I was sorry," I'm pretty sure by now he had tears in his big green eyes that I used to think were so beautiful.

"And I said I don't care."

"Please, just give me one more chance?"

"No."

I went to walk away for the final time when he grabbed me and pulled me into a kiss. I tried to pull away but he pulled me closer and pressed his lips firmer onto mine. I'd dreamed of this so many times that I couldn't help but wrap my arms around his neck and kiss back. I smiled against his lips and he smiled back. And even though just a minute ago I'd been livid, now none of that mattered.

"I'm sorry," he tried again.

"It's okay. Just don't do it again."

"Never. I'll never hurt you again."

"Never ever?"

"As soon as you answer one question."

"What's that?"

"Be my Valentine?" I pretended to think it over, just to make him squirm before smiling and whispering...

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had massive writer's block and this and "She Didn't Know" were the first things I've written in months. Feedback would be much appreciated, I'm trying to work out the rust