Status: re-writing this story I started a very long time ago.

The Little One

The Show

Sarah called Jordan the next morning to let her know she had found a sitter for Maddyn, her neighbor Heidi. Jordan hated to leave Maddyn but she had already told Kennedy she would go. Besides she knew it was bound to be a lot of fun. And she hadn't been out in a while and deserved a little fun. She met up with Sarah around 5 and droped off Maddyn, then they headed to the venue. They didn't have any problem getting in since they were on the guest list. The girls headed back stage and took turns hugging all the guys. Everyone wanting to know how Maddyn was. They introduced Jordan and Sarah to the other bands, Versa Emerge, There For Tomorrow, The Cab, and We the Kings. The two then decided they would watch from the crowd instead of from backstage. They wound up being shoved and pushed forward and to the middle. When the guys came on stage and John saw them immediately, his face was priceless. He nudged Kennedy and pointed at them. Kennedy smiled and waved, as the girls around them screamed, all positive he had waved instead at one of them. The other boys soon caught on and were giving the girls funny looks as they mocked the girls around them and screamed out.

"Kennedy I love you!" Jordan screamed, and then laughed at myself.

"Garrett I want your babies!" a girl screamed next to them. She was probably a year or two younger then Jordan. She just laughed at her. She knew the truth that was hidden behind that statement. She wouldn’t trade Maddyn for the world, but she also wouldn’t wish teenage motherhood on her worst enemy.
"This song is for a very special girl tonight," John said into the microphone as Jordan and Sarah gave him puzzled looks. He was looking right at Sarah and Jordan. " She's not here tonight, but this is for Maddyn." He smiled as the rest of the guys started playing Daisy. Jordan smiled from ear to ear. Listening to her daughters favorite song.

After all the fans had left the venue Sarah and Jordan went to pick up Maddyn from Heidi's and then met the guy's back at Jordan’s house. Maddyn was asleep when they got to Heidi's and she stayed asleep the entire ride home, as Jordan carried her inside and even as she laid her in the bed. Once she was out she was out. She was a good sleeper even if she didn't like going to sleep. Jordan made her way down the stairs just as Sarah was letting the guys in.

"Hey!" Pat said loudly.

"Shut up she's asleep!" Jordan said pointing up the stairs.

"Sorry!" Pat whispered back.

They all went into the living room, Jordan sat on the couch between Kennedy and Garrett. Pat was on the other side of Kennedy. John was in the recliner. Jarred sat in the Chair while Sarah made herself comfortable on the ottoman.

"You guys played a really great show tonight." Sarah complimented, "That was so precious what you did for Maddyn!" Jordan nodded her head in agreement.

"yeah that meant a lot to me. Thanks." She smiled over at John.

"No problem, but I can't take all the credit, It was Kenny's idea." John said.

"Aw Kennedy that was so sweet of you!" Jordan said giving him a little hug, his arm stayed around her shoulder but she didn't really mind that.

"It was nothing, you know we love that kid." He said humbly.

All the guys agreed with him. It was really hard for Jordan, sitting there with all of them. Sarah was the only one who wasn't close to Carter. Jordan thought about him a lot lately. Last month had been the 2 year anniversary. It was difficult, taking care of Maddyn by herself. She needed him there. Not only to help with Maddyn but to help her. Jordan had learned that you have a kid you need a different kind of support from your "lover," "signifigant other" or whatever you want to call them. Jordan had dated a few guys but none of them knew how to do that. She had told them about Maddyn, she refused to have her be some secret, but even the ones who had been okay with it and stuck around, didn't understand that it wasn't all about taking care of the kid, Jordan needed support too. On the days where Maddyn was a handful, the ones where she wouldn't do anything her mother asked her to do. There had been plenty of those days where Jordan had just broken down and taken her to Sarah's house just to go home and cry alone by herself. Jordan loved her daughter, and would never stop. But sometimes she just needed someone to give her a hug, kiss the top of her head and say. "It's going to be okay Jordan," "you’re a good mom Jordan,"

"Jordan?" Kennedy asked, pulling her from her thoughts.

"yeah." She responded looking at him.

"Is it okay if we just crash here tonight?" He asked, Jordan looked up at the clock, it was already 3. How time flies when you let the mind wander.

"yeah that's fine, ya'll can stay where ever." Jordan said gesturing around with my hand.

"Thanks Jordan, you're awesome" He said kissing the top of Jordan’s head. That action made her think about everything Kennedy had done for her, and made her think about this Spring, just one more month away.

"Guy's I'm heading up to bed, I'm just way tired. I'm getting old" Jordan said getting off the couch but having Kennedy pull her back down in his lap.

"You are not old. I am older than you and I do this everynight!" John argued.

"yeah but did you have a kid come in your room last night at midnight asking you if Mr. Rogers was dead, and then crying till 2 when she found out he was, last night?" Jordan asked him a very scarcastic smile spreading across her face.

"She's got you there," Sarah said smiling over at her.

"I'm gonna go too." Kennedy said, but before we could even get off of the couch the rest of the guys had all jumped up.

"No way you're going to beat me to the only other bed in the house!" Garrett whisper yelled, as he took off for the stairs.

"I swear if you guys wake her I'm locking myself in my room and you can deal with it!" Jordan threatened them, whisper yelling back. She said goodbye to Sarah who was heading home, and then made her way to her room. She changed into a pair of soffee shorts and an old Hit the Lights shirt. Then climbed into the old King size bed that was way too big for her and that was probably getting sold in a yard sale this summer. Jordan laid there for a few minutes, trying to go to sleep, when she heard a soft knock on her door. "yeah?" She called softly, praying it wasn't Maddyn.

"Can I come in?" Kennedy said cracking the door.

"Yeah sure." Jordan said sitting up a little in the bed.

"Would it be weird if I stayed in here tonight?" He asked walking in and scratching the back of his neck. He was wearing a pair of mesh shorts and a v neck tee shirt.

"um" Jordan thought about Maddyn, figuring she would sleep in like she normally did on days she didn’t have daycare, "no, that's fine, did the other guys already claim the other bed?" She said smiling at him as he came and got in on the other side, laying between the sheets and the comforter.

"Yeah," he said yawning. He was asleep after just a few minutes. Jordan thought about yesterday and about tonight. He had been there for her so many times, even when she pushed him away. He started mumbling in his sleep, she had to cover my mouth to keep herself from laughing.

"I love you" She whispered.

"Love you too" He mumbled back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for subscribing and comments are always welcome and appreciated!!! More comments and more subscribers means more frequent updates so tell your friends! :)