Status: In progress ( slowly at times I'm sorry)

Lord Have Murphy

Hidden Orchid

Connor sat in a plush leather arm chair, near a fireplace that wasn’t lit, in a room darker than night. The most cliché of all settings, it fit his desire for artistic expression perfectly. Behind the door leading into the room stood Murphy who took each breath as if it were a step onto thin ice, any sound he made would send him crashing through the ice to his death. On the floor bound and gagged Nicky waited. The sound of a car pulling up sent each heart a flutter. It was time for the plan to begin to unfold. Nicky momentarily doubted Connors master plan but it was too late now to try and stop it. As ridiculous as it all sounded on paper it was the only plan they had and it had already commenced. The home they were in belonged to none other than Nicholi Borisovich, Nicky’s father’s former right hand man. The inspiration for her name Nichole, Nicholi was a man she had grown to call uncle regardless of blood relation. Footsteps echoed off of the hard wood floors throughout the large empty house. The short wait now would be even more suspenseful then the last 45 minutes had been. The familiar click of a light switch sounded and suddenly the hall outside the door was vibrant with illumination. The footsteps were growing louder and Nicky had to fight to swallow her spit as her throat tightened. Then in an instant the room was as bright as the hall. He was here. Nicholi didn’t have time to react as soon as the light was on it was revealed that only centimeters from his temple Murphy’s gun was ready to fire.

“Dobro pozhalovat' domoy Borisovich” Murphy welcomed him home in his native language. Nicholi spit on the ground and then starred in horror at Nicky who was sitting tied up at Connors feet. She lay helplessly on a bear skin rug her blood stained t shirt from the night of her father’s death making her situation look all the more pitiful. Connor had a gun pointed directly at her head and Nicky channeled all of her nervousness and fear into looking distressed. The emotions were real she just had to convince Borisovich of the reasons behind it. Nicky let out a pitiful whimper to really set the stage for this whole ruse. Nicholis voice sounded thick with phlem as he chewed the English words he spoke.

“How, did you get into my home?”

“You invited us don’t you remember? I’m sorry we are a tad early aren’t we.”

“We brought the host a gift. Picked it out myself.” Murphy added smirking at the Mobster before them. Connor stroked Nicky’s hair tauntingly. Nicky took her cue to throw herself onto the ground dramatically she reacted as though he were about to hit her. She behaved as though his touch was terrifying and unthinkable. In reality she was just hoping that all three of them were going to live through the night. The sound of multiple car doors drew everyone’s attention outward. The rest of the party had arrived. It wouldn’t be long till all hell broke loose. As the noises in the house began to climb the stairs Murphy put a finger to his lips showing Nicholi he had to be silent. He spoke anyway with defiance in his eyes and a sneer on his lips. Murphy’s amusement was plainly visible on his face.

“What do you think you are going to accomplish here tonight? You came and you surprised me but you have not killed me. You brought my Nicky and you have not killed her. Do you think you’re going to stop all that is already in motion? Do you think you can end something that started before you were born? I don’t think you understand the gravity of your situation or what will happen to you. You have started a war and for what?”

“Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.”

Connors spoke in a low gruff voice that gave even Nicky a chill. His face was light from the right side casting a dark menacing shadow over the left half of his face. He held in his left hand a penny that he flipped between his fingers playfully the light dancing off of the glistening copper. Nicholis eyes followed it a glimmer of fear in them at the sight of the familiar calling card of the saints.
“Hello?” a voice sounded from downstairs. Nicholi smiled sickeningly at the sound of his men walking through the lower level unaware of the change in plans. He didn’t call out to them however with Murphy’s gun still placed directly against his temple. It was clear that Nicholi had a great deal of confidence in the number of men he had for backup. He felt secure in his home and that was his mistake. These evil men undoubtedly had a plan of their own for taking down the boys but the boys didn’t play by anyone else’s rules. They were wild cards in this poker game and none of them could ever be prepared no matter how they tried. Connor waited another agonizingly long moment before speaking.

“It sounds like everyone’s here; I think it’s time to start the party.” As he stood the black pea coat he wore flipped out behind him and he dropped a small knife into Nicky’s reach. She thrashed around violently to cover her actions as she grabbed the knife and began to cut the ties on her wrist. Nicoli kept his eyes on her glancing quickly to each boy before returning them to her. He looked at her with worry and sadness as she thrashed around staring at the back of Connors head with as much horror as she could muster. Nicky had to wait. Wait for the moment. She had been buying time playing the victim, setting up what was about to be done. She felt her heart racing. Murphy shoved Nicholi forward into the room closing the door quietly as the men downstairs became more frantic in their search for their leader. Murphy blocked Nicholis exit and circled round to his right hand side Connor stood to his left eyes locked with his brother. Hurried footsteps were becoming louder and the window for action was growing smaller with her hands free Nicky stood up now surprise twisting on Nicholis face as he began to understand a little too late.

“Nicky?” He asked quietly the boys were standing beside him facing the door rather than her they waited for her to act. She pulled her gun from the back of her pants and pointed it towards Nicholi. She shot him once in the knee bringing him to the ground but the footsteps outside were on the stairs now the gunshot drew them to their location and there wasn’t time. Nicholis screams were bellowing through the room and Murphy quickly thrust the handle of his gun down onto Nicholis head leaving him unconscious on the floor before shouting over his shoulder to her.

“Later”

Nicky cleared her mind and lifted her gun to the door the boys waited another moment and then the
door burst open. Everything happened so fast it seemed impossible to follow. The first two men to step into the door way were shot down one each by the brothers. Their bodies crumbled to the ground limply beginning the pile that would block the others. The dozen or so men crammed into the hallway trying to approach the door were like fish in a barrel. They all had guns ready and some attempted to fire but only the two at the front had a clear shot the others were blocked by men of their own. The sound of bullets echoed off of the tall ceilings and empty halls and the crash of a vase breaking behind her told Lacy that a shot meant for her had missed. One man took a bullet from behind into his shoulder and then another bullet from Murphy in the neck, a little bit of friendly fire adding to his demise. Connor took a chance as the numbers began to thin and ran into the hall jumping over the stack of bodies and then again over the railing landing at the bottom of the stairs. How he managed to go unharmed during that Nicky had no idea. Now there was a brother on each side of the group of men. They had nowhere to run. If they retreated Connor was waiting for them two guns in hand and the aim of a soldier. If they pushed forward Murphy was waiting beside the unconscious and bleeding body of their boss. Nicky felt unsure of her abilities as she saw the flawless and fluid movements of the boys unfold before he but chose not to question herself as she plowed forward into the men who had been at the back of the group. Men who didn’t know she wasn’t on their side she whimpered and ran towards them screaming for help one men lowered his gun to try and grab her and pull her to safety giving Nicky the chance to grab him and another man that was near to her by their necks and thrust them onto the ground in front of Murphy who immediately took them out as Murphy was handling those men Nicky threw a sharp elbow into another men sending him falling backwards over the railing directly into Connors line of sight. He feel onto his back having one last moment to see an upside own Connor smiling as he lifted and aimed his gun. Then all it once everything stopped.

All of these henchmen, these goons, were dead. The moment of utter silence that fell over them felt louder than the gunshots as it penetrated every corner of the house. Connor lightly bounded up the stairs stepping around the tangled limbs and pools of blood and returning to the room where Nicholi waited. There was a boyishness in his posture and a carless smile on his handsome face.

“Ha! Well that sure gets your blood pumping don’t it Murph?”

“Aye, but I think we’ve ruined the carpets.” Murphy placed a hand on his chin as he contemplated the bear skin rug that was now splattered with blood. It looked much more terrifying that way and as they watched, a pool of blood seeping from Nicholis knee continued to trickle forward across the hard wood until it reached the carpet and began absorbing into the fur.

“Tis a damn shame.” Connor said with mock disappointment. The boys looked to Nicky in the same instance and then to each other before bursting out laughing. Connor began mocking her night’s performance clasping his hands together and throwing them daintily to his shoulder. He kicked his foot out behind him and blinked at her rapidly before making high pitched muffled yells. He laid a hand across his forehead and Murphy doubled over with laughter. Nicky blushed and flipped him off embarrassment washing over her. Murphy spoke up out of breath from laughter.

“No really, your quite the actress.” He burst out laughing again and then Connor spoke up.

“You really had me going there for a second.” Nicky’s hair prickled at the boys jokes. She hadn’t wanted to go about this Connors way in their first place.

“It was your idea you fucking idiot. You almost got shot running out there surprised you didn’t break your neck hopping that railing. It was really a brilliantly thought out plan wasn’t it.” Nicky shot back with contempt. Connor looked momentarily hurt as he puffed out some air and put his hands on his hips preparing to reply. Nicky looked over to see Murphy completely losing it as he sat on the floor laughing uncontrollably at the bickering before him. He tried to speak between giggles but couldn’t make any intelligible words.

“That plan went exactly as expected!” Connor gestured to the bodies around them with his eye brows raised.

“It was nearly a disaster.” Nicky replied , returning Connors questioning expression. Murphy who had gathered himself now stepped towards Nicky grabbing her arms heartily and shaking her a little as he leaned his head down to talk to her.

"I think we are really quite good at this." Connor said gesturing around him in a circle pride gleaming from his features.

"Aye!" Murphy added with a smirk. calmly eating some peanuts from a dish that was resting on the table beside the arm chair Connor had occupied earlier.

"And you two doubted me." Connor said wagging his finger in their direction.

"doubted? This is on going doubt. I was tied up for Christ sake!"

“You’re fine princess! Lighten up.” Nicky watched as the boys lifted Nicholi by his shoulders and brought him up on to his knees. His fingers twitched and his face contorted but he wasn’t awake yet. Nicky stood a while looking at this man’s pale blond hair cut short and his wrinkled and weathered skin hanging loosely around his mouth. Nicky’s thoughts were broken by Connors voice.

“Well don’t just stand their Blondie. Help!” Nicky kneeled at eye level with Nicholi slapping him to wake him up. His eyes fluttered open with confusion before the widened in fear and betrayal. She looked at him silently for a moment as the boys pulled out their guns.

“Wait, let me.” Nicky said looking directly into Nicholis eyes. She saw his mind twisting and turning behind his eyes and she could smell his fear. The boys switched places with Nicky kneeling in front of Nicholi holding him upright and still as Nicky lined her two guns up with the back of his head. She was about to fire when Connor and Murphy each reached a hand out cocking her elbows out and causing her aim to change. She quickly realized why they were doing this. As unnatural as it felt it mimicked the results of the two boys each placing a gun to their victims head. Nicky took a deep breath and waited the boys inched back to stay out of line with the bullets and began reciting the prayer as Nicholi looked at them with tormented eyes just before she fired she heard Nicholi speak.

“Hidden Orchid”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry guys this isnt my primary story and it was originally meant to be a one shot. if you are still around reading though i love you very much