Status: I really shouldn't be doing this (but I'm going to).

Life in His Eyes

prologue

He could still remember that day in Paris, France. It was sunnier – much brighter than it ever was in London – and it smelled much different like perfume was lingering around every corner. Wind was blowing, tousling his hair that he no longer slicked back like he did when he was younger, and Draco could feel the scowl on his lips as he tried to pat his hair back into place.

Paris was much different in scenery than London, and his parents had decided that a break – an escape – from London was needed after everything they had gone through. Honestly, Draco thought they were being more cowardly than they usually were for escaping from the sneers and looks they would be given for being on The Dark Lord’s side for the most of the war. Besides that fact, the young man didn’t think fondly of Paris since it was much too bright for his eyes, and everyone seemed so happy about everything. It was so strange, peculiar, and Draco knew it would take some getting used to if he could even get used to it.

With a slight kick to the asphalt ground, he lifted his head and turned to look into a shop, which looked like a bookstore from the first glance. It was small but jam-packed with books and didn’t seem like it was filled with many people besides the employee at the counter and a girl up in the front by the window that immediately caught his eyes.

She was probably the prettiest girl he had ever seen, which shouldn't be possible because she was a muggle. It was like fate happened for their eyes to meet like they did, and Draco couldn’t seem to look away fast enough. Her eyes were the color of melted chocolate, which contrasted greatly to his stormy grey eyes, and he could feel himself slow down and stare at her with her returning the stare.

The smile that came was half-hidden by the book, and it slowly spread across her lips and made her beauty multiple by millions billions. Instead of returning the smile, a simply curse fell from his lips because he knew that he was a goner for a bloody, damn muggle.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I really shouldn't be starting another story, but I couldn't help it. I recently read this brilliant Draco Malfoy story, and it reminded me how much I love the character. This is an old idea that i had worked on once, but that was when I was like eleven so you can just assume that it was terribly written.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. This is like the most pleasing thing I have written in awhile, so that actually makes me super excited for this story!

Thanks for all the recommendations already!
Thank you

TheEnemyOfEverything, hearts;, lion eyes, targaryen., cruciodarling., thewolf., bilinski, swell, serendipity;