American Idiot

St. Jimmy

It's been an week since I split with Mary-Jane. And I've been here with this gang, 40 Theives, for going on six days. It's different than what I had in Suburbia. Not too much but enough to make me think I'm better off. I'm earning Money doing odd jobs around town and enjoying the occasional gang parties throughout the week. Besides me there is Jeramine, Celsta, John, Briggston and Laruant. They're all assigned the same district as me and I learned the ropes quickly and also learned to climb them. I'm reaching different ranks almost daily and gaining known respect throughout the city. This city still indeed had its innocent patches, but also has it's fair share of crime and irony.
I had become very well known as St. Jimmy here and was some kind of elder to the others in my group. Even though they've been at it longer. I was voted up because of my life of crime in Suburbia. However every job I do is different. Recruiting only the finest wanders. I feel strangely bad when I recruit though. Always recruiting those who have been ignored and just want to please. These are the people who will do anything for this brotherhood. Go to the ends of thr earth to make us all proud. And as good as it is to have these kind of work loving people, it's also dangerous because they are often the most theathal. Killing machines dead set on filling any mission they are given. I was one of these few.
When the group of Jeramine, Celsta, John, Briggston and Lauraunt voted me in to join the group, I sheerly thought that was just an good thing. but I'm more devoted to this job than I ever imagined. Very close to it. Doing my normal duties that I did in the Underground like dealing the drugs I got at bargain prices to minors and doing the same with smuggled alcohol. But there are other things I do as an member of this gang. Things so mysterious, I can't even list them here. I'm like some sort of insane underground God to them all. But if that were really so, I wouldn't be named Jesus of Suburbia. Second of importance to the throne. And if there's an second, there's definitely an first.
I've come to learn an few things in my as part of this gang. One of those subjects being how many others tried until the day they were shot dead to become an 'God' of Suburbia or somewhere like it. During training and all that, Jeramine walked me along thr bay while dark storm clouds hovered in the sky. He said that no one has ever reached that status. But he believes that I have what it takes to succeed. His one tip to me was to 'beware the bullet.' don't get shot or it will end it all. I have no intentions of loosing everything. Every title I've worked my whole life for. Ending it all with an single, smoking bronze bullet.
I now walked down an alleyway wearing some sort of leathery jacket getup they'd put me in. Don't ask for answers I don't know the questions too, I just don't know why. My shadow broke out in an long, smoky streak across the pavement as I walked. The only sound was the crushing sound of gravel beneath the soles of my shoes bouncing off the brick alley walls.
I'm... What did Jeramine call me yesterday?... Oh yeah, he calls me an suicidal commando. Director of murders or whatever. I mean yes I've come very close to killing people, but I don't think I could. Not even Tunny if he'd let me. I would have put him in the hospital for an bit of time but that's it.
My background is very blurry to those I work beside. Jeramine knows the most about me though. He knows my original origin, that I was raised in the city under a halo of lights. That I have no real father but an step... Whatever named Brad. And that I have smoked and drank since I was about fourteen. Talk about below the influence...
But there are an few things about me he doesn't know. I'm not an open book to just anyone so pay attention.
My name is Jimmy, so you better not wear it out.
I had an pet cat at the age of four that my dad bought me, my mom sold it the day after his death to buy cigarettes for her growing addiction.
Mary-Jane originally came off prissy to me when we first met until she said her favorite band was Green Day.
Tunny and I have been friends since the second grade.

I looked up and lost my train of thought when I saw Jeramine running up the alley towards me.
“J, Lauraunt just got in an street fight and got an load of teeth knocked out. But he knocked that guy on his ass.” he winced as he had an visual.
I laughed “He certainly knows how to find 'em. That's his second one this week. Better pray they don't give him novacaine.” I walked side by side with Jeramine until we reached the end of the alley that glistened in the sunlight.
Jeramine looked out by the bay where the small dentists office was.
He winced away again then turned to face me, slightly taller than him, he looked up.

“Kay J, I'm gonna go down there to see if everythings okay. You know what to do.” he gave me an quick pat on the back before turning and sprinting downhill toward the little White building.

“Right. Run patrol like I have all morning.” I muttered sarcastically as I turned out onto the sidewalk heading south.
I had retrieved my car since the other day. And now it sat parked alongside the street up ahead. I ignored Jeramine's instructions and decided to go for an drive. If you can count on Lauraunt to get an few teeth knocked out, you can gurantee an few hours silence. I drove to the vacant boardwalk. Parking out of the sands reach. I climbed out and paced the beach. There were more sounds here. The sound of dry sand scattering across more with every step I took and the loud crashing of the salty waves off shore.
I watched them while the breeze off the water threw my hair back. Back home, I didn't go to the beach much. It was too peaceful for an mind that was always running. God only knows how many braincells I killed with all that cocaine.
I didn't plan on giving it up totally, just enough to safify thr people around me. Jeramine already looks at me like an brother. Of course we get drunk an few times but he acts disappointed in me when I drag out the last of my stash. I'll have to find an new dealer here.
I turned and jogged up the beach towards my car, parked where I left it. I need to get out of here before my mind can wander back to home. Things have changed a lot since I left. I feel different. In a lot more ways than one. I feel like I have purpose even if my job isn't best. One thing will never ever change about me though.
I looked out the windshield blankly to the the waves and couple hundred feet away.
Jimmy.
That's my name and always has been. Always will be.
And dont you fucking wear it out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wondering what to do with Give me Novacaine. Hopefully I'll come up with something.
The only reason you all got four chapters in the same night isbecause I got all giddy to write again.
Thank you Rage and Lovies!