American Idiot

Give Me Novacaine

The day had gone mostly without an hitch, everyone was back at the warehouse and rain clouds were slinking across the sky. I ditched the leather jacket. It's just extra weight I don't need to carry. Jeramine had been reluctant to let me roam the streets without proof of being apart of the 40 Theives. But I assured him otherwise.
The rain tapped on the tin roof hidden in the shadows of the rafters above. We'd all disbursed when Jeramine got back with Lauraunt. I hung out in an back room with cracking plaster walls and an dusty flipped desk. Celsta, Briggston, I have no idea where they are hiding. I'm sure that they are around somewhere though. I passed out after it got late and woke to darkness all around. I roamed the shadowy hallways and found the warehouse empty. I went toward the back door, an sticky note stuck to the golden handle.

‘J, I and Celsta are going to be by the bay for most of the day. Your with Briggston. Youll run the warehouse district today.’

Briggston... Fun. He was this psycho ex-military guy. Has an big scar dragging down over his left eye. Wears an eyepatch and refuses to tell anyone anymore about himself than they need to know. To watch his own back I suppose. He went mad at war, killed a few of his own men. They locked him up for a bit, then he came here and sort of became the authority of the 40 Theives. We're all in charge here, just some higher ranked than others.
I don't even know where to look for Briggston...
I wandered down the halls until an wicked crash of hysterical laughter sounded above me. My eyes snapped up to see Briggston. Hanging out an an old wooden beam. He chuckled as he leapt from his spot and landed in a crouch at my feet.

“Ready?” he asked. His voice deep and dry.

“Yeah.”

I followed him outside. While we were walking up alleys as shortcuts to the warehouse district, he spoke. I was lost thinking about Jeramine and Celsta at the docks.

“So, Jeramine has told me that you were some kind of drug dealer in your 'Suburbia.”

I looked over at him. He was an tall, burly guy with close cut blond hair and cutting blue eyes. Or should I say eye?...
I nodded thoughtfully.

“Yeah. But really more of an drug 'reseller' I supplied the Underground with all the alcohol they could drink and all the cocaine they could snort.” I said thoughtlessly.

Briggston nodded thoughtfully as we kept going. He was fairly quiet most of the shift we had. About an hour later we were making our round toward the docks where Jeramine and Celsta waited to trade off.
I saw Celsta straight away. She had dark orange hair that was long and naturally curly. Bright green eyes and an soft face.
You'd never believe that she was an lethal person.
She stood impatiently while talking casually to Jeramine when we reached their place. They nodded to us.

“Y'know what? You guys should take the day off. Jimmy go find something to do, you've been working all week.” Jeramine said. Suprising me. I love my work.
Celsta let out an big puff of annoyed air.
I nodded once and turned. Coming back the way we'd come.

Mary-Jane's Point of View.

The party had been an success. Everyone gone by the morning my parents were to return. Me and Tunny had cleaned everything up and were hanging out on the couch watching TV. It had gone on without an hitch or any interruptions from Jimmy's mom. But now that made me think about him. Jimmy, he left because of me. Because he wouldn't be able to stand being close to me anymore. I couldn't enjoy the party entirely last night though. An lot of the people from the Underground were glaring at me for long periods of time. So something tells me that someone told them what I did to Jimmy.
Whatever. I'm totally happy and glad he left town sooner than later. It will be an better town all together without his prescense.
Me and Tunny didn't talk much during our time there together. Around ten he announced that he had some stuff to do and would be back later. I called goodbye to him without looking at him.
I got tired of the reruns and flipped off the TV, getting up to go to my room.
I sat in the middle of my bed texting some old cheerleading friends from school. I no longer go to school and I'm not sure my parents really care about that fact.
I painted my nails black and blood red. Talked on the phone for another hour and I hung up. Thinking about that cocaine Jimmy had left behind on his last visit. It's in an old shoebox on the top shelf shoved in the back of the closet. I got up and went to find it. Pulling thr box down and opening thr lid to see it inside.

Another hour later and I was feeling *fabulous* more thoughts of Jimmy floated freely through my head while I laid on my bedspread looking up at the white celing. I remember every detail of that day so well. I giggled when I recalled his frozen face that morning. Void of all emotion. Priceless!
I laid there until Tunny bardged in. I looked over at him and laughed at his place in my memory too.
He cocked an eyebrow and dropped onto the bedspread. Noticing straight away the razor blade and white powder across my nightstand.
He rolled his eyes “Only you would drag out this stuff the second I leave.”

I smiled hugely at him. I didn't do it because he left, I did it to fill an void. My mind empty of all thoughts, I needed to bring back an few of my favorites. I giggled again. He enclosed my wrists in his palms and looked into my eyes. Which couldn't focus.

“You were thinking of Jimmy weren't you?” he chuckled.

“Did you see his face?” I burst out in a cackling fit of laughter. He smiled and laughed too. I didn't imagine him to talk so openly about Jimmy as he was after all that had happened.

We laughed away the memories of St. Jimmy.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not the best I know, but I'm getting into more in depth chapters. Letterbomb is when things are going to change hugely. Thank you all Rage and Lovies!