American Idiot

She's a Rebel

Tunny has really been driving me nuts. Me and Jimmy broke up two weeks ago and Tunny already thinks he'd I don't know... Second in line for the throne? Being an drug lord is no throne, as Jimmy said to me once an few months ago, it's a way of life. It's what you do to survive. I never understood how one can survive from dealing drugs. But that's Jimmy for ya, always talking riddles. I'd never admit it to Tunny, but I actually miss Jimmy. As an friend. Which is one of the reasons I broke with him is because I loved him more as an friend than I ever did as an boyfriend. But it would have broken his heart anyways. He's always been very sentimental to things he owns and finally gets to say is his. But when it's ripped from his clutches, people die. Jimmy. I wonder what he's doing and if he's ok. That maybe he'd better off there than he'd ever be here. He is te litteral spawn of Satan. He's evil, funny and cool. And one of the most socially awkward people I know. I mean sure, he had some kind of rulery over these people when he was here. He called then the children of War and Peace. There was more war than peace... Anyways, he had them in his control because of what he sold them. They looked up to him and respected him. But an vast majority of them hadn't even ever spoke to the guy. Just an few nods here and there. Exchange the cash and run.
He didnt speak to those people. The only people I'd seen him talk to down there was me and Tunny.

Tunny was laughing and trying to start conversations with the people of the Underground. But they'd give him weird looks Abd walk away. They were smart enough to know what he was doing. Trying to get them all to like him better than Jimmy. That could never happen. It took Jimmy about an solid eight years to get to this point. To get this level of respect from these people.
He'd started an conversation with an man in his thirties. But five minutes in, he waved off Tunny and walked away. Him taking over Suburbia is going to be an tougher task than he thought.
Tunny came over and dropped into an crouch at my knees. Today was September eighteenth. It was fairly warm for fall. The sun shone down brightly into this area of the Underground. Tunny smiled up at me as if proud he still has someone who likes him. Tunny has become tolerable to me. After he started telling me his plans to take over the Underground and the 7-11, I zoned out and stopped listening to his conversations.
He's more so talking to himself and I just throw the occasional 'hmm, yep and ok' in there. He doesn't seem to notice my obvious lack of interest.
I know that Im not in love or even love Jimmy anymore. But I'm gonna say this anyways. He's an better Jesus of Suburbia than Tunny could ever dream. Anyone for that matter, could ever dream.
He looked up at me with his big brown eyes “Mary-Jane, will you be my queen of Suburbia?” he asked. Struggling to keep an straight face, so I know he's not serious. Just as Jimmy was never serious about it.
I rolled my eyes.

“Tunny. Why don't we just forget this place? Go find somewhere else to rule? Jimmy has already drained this place of any enthusiasm it ever had.” I told him softly.

I'd been thinking about just leaving this place for the past week since Tunny started all that take over talk. Just to leave it behind and find something else. But he'd never do that. Not when Jimmy had worked so hard to get this whole thing even working. Tunny is strong headed. He doesn't like to be herded in the wrong direction by the weak. He is a lot like Jimmy really.
Tunny's eyes lit up for an second then died out like an ember in an cigarette ash. He didn't like that idea at all. It was clear by thr look on his face.

“What? How can we just leave when we've got all of this?”

I looked down at my hands in my lap. “Jimmy already took care of this area. It's time to let it die. Burn out and let the ash drift away.” I whispered hoping that he'd catch gist.
But no, he shook his head firmly.

“No Mary-Jane. This place is perfect to take over. Jimmy is not coming back to take it over. He left it, now we take it. All of it.”
He voice was louder than mine.

I shook my head “No. You'd never do that to your best friend. Never take the only thing he ever had.”

“Best friend?” he sneered “That fucker beat me up the other day in the parking lot of 7-11!” he shouted.

“Well maybe he did that because he knew you were draining every drop of happiness he had from his life like an greedy little tick! Tunny, your heart is obviously black and careless, if that's how your going to be, I'm leaving you.” I rose and walked around him.

“We were never together Mary-Jane.” he sung behind me. “How can you lose weight you never had?” he laughed evilly.
I glared at him and kept walking.
I got out into the solid sunlight when he grabbed my arm and spin me around to face him.

“Mary-Jane. Don't go, I'm sorry. If I give it some time... Before taking over, will you stay? I took seven punches to the face from Jimmy to be with you.”

I looked into his eyes and hardly had time to think about an answer when he kissed me. Hugged be tightly against his chest and made the promise. I couldnt ignore him, so I pulled away and nodded shallowly.
He laughed and guided me back to where we had been before. To talk about out relationship. And I wondered if Tunny was even an option. Could I just leave? Just run? Part of me did want to stay with Tunny. The other half wanted to go find Jimmy.