Status: Regularly updating.

Let Me Save You

Chapter 14

I walked into the math room and sat in a seat at the back for detention. Lucky for me, Jason walked in moments later, his scowl lighting up when he saw me. He sat a few spots away from me after receiving a glare from the teacher.

He spent the entire hour watching me with this weird glint in his eye, a glint I knew all too well, one that scared me to death and beyond.

--

When we were finally allowed to go I practically ran from the room trying to unlock my bike as quickly as I could. The key stuck and I struggled to get it unlocked before I saw Jason approaching me quickly. I had half a mind to abandon the bike and just run, but decided not to. Finally the lock sprung open and I shoved it into my bag then jumped on my bike. As I fumbled to find the pedal Jason grabbed my upper arm tightly and dragged me off my bike. The metal structure fell to the grass with my bag as Zach dragged me around the side of the school and pushed me into the building. We didn’t stop until we were in the locker rooms.

He pushed me down onto a pile of mats in the corner and yanked my pants down. With one hand he held my wrists away, while the other hand was clamped over my mouth.

--

With a final smirk he left the locker room, leaving me laying there half naked and crying drowning in my own flashbacks. That’s how I stayed for a while before I needed to get outside, away from the school. I adjusted my clothes, shaking as I stood up. My phone buzzed in my pocket for the millionth time but ignored it as I limped slowly towards the door.

My bike and bag were exactly where I’d left them in the grass, though it was noticeably darker outside. Pain shot through me as I bent down to pick them up, swinging my backpack over my bruised shoulder and carefully climbing onto my bike. The tears didn't stop as I rode, and eventually I slipped into a state of numbness, trying desperately to ignore the memories being brought to the surface.

--

The ride home was long and painful, and it was well after eight when I finally walked into the house, memories of the last time swarming my head. Andy was pacing frantically around the living room and CC was sitting in the kitchen talking to someone on the phone.

I slowly pushed the door open and slipped inside. Andy looked up immediately.

“CC!” He called while running up to me, encasing me in his protective arms tightly enough that I gasped as pain seared through me. CC appeared in the kitchen doorway and sighed in relief when he saw me.

Unshed tears began to fall and my knees gave in, Andy held me up and helped me to the couch where I fell onto my side sobbing. He knelt on the floor by my head brushing my hair out of my eyes, worry etched in his features as he studied my face.

“Who did this to you?” He asked softly, his voice cracking.

That only brought on a fresh wave of sobbing, which hurt even more. I saw his face, both of their faces smirking above me, felt their hands on me, violating me. Andy watched me unsure of what to do, and CC stayed frozen in the kitchen doorway.

“Jay tell me what happened.” Andy said firmly. I shook my head, flinching when he put his hand on my shoulder. He’d done that, the first time, had turned me to face him with his hand on my shoulder, a deceiving smile on his lips.

“Please Jay, please tell me what happened.” Tears shined in Andy’s eyes, and blurred my own beyond the ability to see clearly.

Why did bad things always happen to me and nobody else? Why me? First the incident a few years ago, then what he did, after that my grandparents, now this... Why me?

--

It took a few hours but eventually the tears turned to dry sobs, and then to silence. Andy stood up and went into the kitchen, then came back with a glass of water that he set on the coffee table. I was still laying on my side, knees curled close to me, staring blankly across the room unseeing, images flickering behind my irises.

“Jay?” Andy spoke softly, so as not to spook me. I tried to make my gaze focus on him but it refused to cooperate so I settled with looking at his blurry shape. “I need you to tell me what happened.”

I didn’t speak, just stared at him blankly.

“Please Jay.” It was no louder than a whisper and I flinched again when he brushed my hair out of my face, squeezing my eyes tightly shut until he moved his hand away.