Status: Regularly updating.

Let Me Save You

Chapter 16

The doorbell rang and Andy stood up cracking it open before pulling it all the way open to let Ashley inside.
“I didn’t know you were stopping by.” He said eying the white box Ashley was carrying as he pushed the door closed.
“I texted you earlier telling you, didn’t you see it?” Ashley kicked off his boots and walked over to the coffee table setting down the box.
“No.” Andy said while walking into the kitchen. He rattled around and I heard the clink of cups. Ashley smiled at me supportively before following Andy into the kitchen and joining in on the rattling around.
“Do you know what happened? Like the full story?” Ashley asked, knowing I could hear him. I heard the coffee pot turn on and the tap run as Andy filled the water canister.
“Yeah.” He said roughly, clearing his throat before opening the cupboard and taking out three small plates and three mugs. “Jay do you want coffee or tea?”
“Green tea.” I said just loud enough for him to hear.
“Ok.” He called. “ A guys been pushing her around for a while, and yesterday he took it too far.” Andy said quietly, leaning back against the counter after putting the kettle on the stove.
“He didn’t-” Andy cut him off with a nod and Ashley leaned back against the counter a few feet down, his arms crossed over his chest. “What are you going to do?”
“I’m not sure yet.” Andy answered, the beeping of the coffee maker interrupting him. I listened as he poured two cups then turned off the stove and dug around in the cabinet for the box of green tea. He poured the water into my cup and stuck in a tea bag then took two of the mugs and walked out into the living room Ashley behind him with the third mug. Andy sat beside me and Ashley sat in the chair at the end of the couch beside me. I lifted the tea bag in and out of my cup before letting it sit once more.
Ashley took a sip of his coffee then reached forward and opened the white box which turned out to be doughnuts. Andy stood up and retrieved the forgotten plates from the kitchen then returned to sitting next to me, handing both Ashley and I a plate.
Ashley took one of the glazed cinnamon rolls and put it on his plate then pushed the box towards me. I took a custard filled one, and Andy took a raspberry filled one. Ashley smiled to himself and looked back down at his cinnamon roll.
At first we ate in silence, and by the way they both acted I was sure they’d done this before. CC showed up a bit later, followed by Jake and Jeremy.

We were all hanging around the living room drinking coffee, or in Jeremy and I’s case tea, silently, an air of heaviness over us.
The Mortician’s daughter started playing and I reached for my phone, not noticing the looks I got for my chosen ringtone. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Zach. I stood up and walked into the kitchen before answering.
“Hello?”
“Jay, Are you alright? Please tell me he didn’t do what everyone is saying he did.” His accent was thick as he spoke, a dead give away he was pissed off.
I didn’t answer at first, and I heard him curse in German.
“H-He...t-told?” I questioned, knowing the guys were all listening in the living room.
“Yeah, everybody thought he was joking though. Your English teacher shut him down real quick. He’s on suspension for three days, but if you ask me, he should be in jail.”
“Ok.” I murmured softly, trying to hold back tears. I gripped the counter with my free hand, somewhere in the back of my mind registering that Andy had come into the kitchen.
“Can I come by tomorrow?” Zach asked. “Cody and Lexi are worried sick about you, and if they went over it would be disaster.”
“Y-Yeah, I-I’ll t-text you my a-address later.” I whispered incoherently, tears welling up.
“Alright, I’ll let you go. I’m so sorry this happened to you Jay...”
“Bye Zach.” I murmured hitting the end button and setting my phone down on the counter shakily.
“Jay?” Andy asked cautiously. Tears blurred my vision and I turned and hid in Andy’s chest, wishing I could just disappear completely. I’d been reduced to the child I was after the first time this had happened, the fear, the uncertainty...it was all threatening to drown me again.

The guys hung around for a while longer, talking about what to do about Jason, while I sat curled up against Andy’s side zoned out in memories.
“Who’s this Zach you were talking to earlier?” Andy asked, after everyone had left, and CC had gone into the den.
“A guy from school.” I suppressed a yawn, closing my eyes as I leaned my head against his chest.
“And I get to meet him tomorrow right?” He asked going all protective of me. I smiled slightly and nodded.
“Sure.”
“Let’s get you to bed, you hardly slept last night, you must be exhausted.” He put his free arm under my knees and lifted my easily, walking up the stairs to my room.
I was too tired to protest the situation so I let him carry me up to my bed and tuck me in like a small child. Maybe somewhere psychologically I needed that. He brushed his lips against my temple then started towards the hall.
“Wait.” I murmured, pushing myself half up on my elbow. He turn to look at me curiously.
“Yeah?”
“C-Can you s-stay?” I asked quietly, dropping my gaze in embarrassment, and feeling my cheeks burn.
“Yeah, course babe.” He smiled and crawled up onto the bed sitting down so he was leaning against the headboard. I rolled so I had my back to him and curled into a ball. He rested his hand on my head, stroking my hair, and started humming The Mortician’s Daughter.
“Did you write that for my mom?” I asked sleepily, not opening my eyes.
“Yes.” He said softly.
“I saw the photos in your room, is that her?” By that point my mouth was moving of it’s own accord.
“Yes, that’s Aurora.”
“She was pretty.”
“She was, and lucky you, looking just like her.” I could hear the smile in his voice.
“...I’m sorry for....everything. For not being normal like everybody else, and for not going somewhere else and saving you from all this stress. I’m sorry I’m here making your life harder...”I trailed off drifting deeper into sleep.
“Don’t apologize for that, your entire life I wanted nothing more than to be right there with you, and now I finally get to be. I would never give that up no matter how hard it is. You will always be my sweet baby girl, Jay Lillian Biersack.”
“Thanks...dad.” I murmured finally slipping under.