Status: Finished :(

Best Friends Means...

thirteen

Harry's P.O.V.

I woke up to an empty bed and the sound of muffled talking coming from another room. I could faintly make out what was being said, but I didn't concern myself with it. I tossed and turned for another thirty minutes trying to fall back asleep but when the clock struck 10, I gave up my attempt and put on some sweat pants. When I walked out, I wasn't happy with the sight I saw. Elle was sitting on my couch with a box of tissues in her lap, her phone in her hand, and she was sobbing uncontrollably. I ran over to sit beside her but she held up her hand at me and pushed me away.

"Elle, babe. What is it?" She just shook her head and laid her head on the pillow, still listening to whoever was on the phone.

"I can't believe you would do this to me. What did I ever do to you, you fucking bitch? I can't help it that you're madly unsatisfied with your life and you're jealous of mine." She blew her tiny, reddened nose into a tissue as I just sat there, unable to help her. "All of the bullshit you said to them is none of anyone's business. I only told you that stuff because you helped me so much. I just got off the phone with him too, and he said what's dome is done. He fucking paid you, you cheap whore!" She was starting to heave as she was shouting at who I assumed was Kaitlin. "I hope like hell I never have to see you again." She hung the phone up and threw it on the floor, almost breaking it. "If you know what's good for you, you'll walk in the other room."

"What happened?" I asked, trying to inch closer to her on the couch but she only retracted her legs so she wouldn't be touching me.

"Look at the fucking computer."

HARRY STYLES MYSTERY GIRL REVEALED

Boy, do we have some news for you!

Sources recently caught up with the ex-housemate of the mystery girl Styles was spotted with a few days ago, who has since been revealed as Elle Roberts. She hails from the same area of Holmes Chapel as Harry does. The two have, in fact, always been friends. Our source said she's always wondered what the two have had going on behind closed doors- they've already moved in together! Elle dropped her housemate for Harry after only a mere week or so of dating!

Annabelle Roberts isn't all she's cracked up to be, either. Our Harry may be head over heels for her, but has she been hiding a dark secret from him? Sources say she's been and out of rehab for alcoholism and abuse since dropping out of university. Why would Harry want to be with someone with such a dark past?! Well, our dear Annabelle, your cat is out of the bag!

We'll let you know more as soon as we find more out about this mismatched pair

Story by: Jack Taylor


"Fuck." I muttered under my breath, slamming the screen of my laptop down so hard that I swear I heard the screen crack. "I'm so sorry I didn't-"

"I don't care about last night. They've just fucking ruined me, Harry. Jack paid her a shit ton of money and because she's a greedy bitch she's going to just keep thinking of things to spill to him. God, I'm so fucking done for, Harry." I watched as she continued crying. I honestly didn't even know what to say that would help comfort her. I had never had the tabloids rip a girlfriend apart like the pair of them just had. "Your people can't do anything about this?!"

Once it had been posted like that, there was no undoing it. Even if it was taken off the website, the information was already out there. Whether it be true or false.

"They can have it removed but it won't do anything." I frowned, "it's already been seen by everyone." I wanted to question the abuse part, but I figured I'd wait until she wasn't so upset. "Princess, come here." I tugged on her limp arms, pulling her body into mine. Her head collapsed in my chest and she continued to let out sobs. "I'm so, so sorry. I never wanted this to happen."

"Me neither. It's not your fault, you have nothing to apologize for, Harry." The way she said my name always made me smile. "I just... I can't believe how cruel someone who I thought was my best friend could be. She completely threw me under the bus. I can't believe that she would do that..." Elle kept on, muttering to herself as I ran my fingers through her soft, wavy brown hair.

"People will do anything for money, babe." I placed a kiss on the top of her head, and started to hum, trying to distract her, but really trying to distract myself from questioning what else the article said about her. If Jack was the one who did that to her, I swear I would kill him.

"If you're wondering if it's true, just ask me." She muttered into my now wet chest. Her sobs had calmed down to just sniffles, and she wrapped her arms around my waist and gave me a squeeze.

"I didn't want to upset you... But did he do it? Is Jack the one?" I felt her nod, answering my question. "I'm going to kill him."

"Don't. It was-"

"Don't you dare say it was your fault Elle. There is no excuse for that. That's not your fault that he did that to you."

"I slapped him first."

"Probably because he was being a douche bag! Why didn't you tell any me any of this?" She shrugged, not speaking. "Talk to me. I'm begging you. And if you say it's because you didn't want me to worry about you, I swear, Elle..."

"Because, I was scared to. I didn't want him getting even more mad at me. I was in love with him, Harry. So in love. I fell so quickly for him that I didn't even notice that he was abusive until he physically hit me. I didn't realize how he had control over everything in my life. He basically cut me off from all of my friends. Except Kaitlin, and the only reason I still could talk to you was because he knew I hardly ever got to see you. I was scared to ever see you when you were home, too. I didn't want him to get mad at me. I was so afraid of him, but so just... Head over heels for him at the same time. And my heart skipped a beat when I saw him the other night, I'm not been going to try lying to you. He could go from treating me like a princess to treating me like dirt. I have no idea how he did it, but I fell for him. He warned me to marry him, and I wanted to, too. And now he's still controlling my life by working for this fucking tabloid." I felt her grip tighten on my torso as she continued on, "alcohol was the one thing that I could still control that he couldn't do anything about. When he'd drag me out with his friends, as long as I was by his side and in his bed that night, he didn't care how drunk I got. I couldn't get away from him any other way, so I decided to put myself in rehab. My mom knows everything, too. She's the only one I told. It was just so much at one time, Harry. My dad died and you weren't here to hold me when I was crying, but Jack was. He-"

"I'm here now. I'm never letting you go." I pulled her into as much of a hug as I could, stopping her from speaking anymore about the asshole. "Thank you for telling me all of that too, I know that took a lot out of you to finally talk about it. Can you promise me something?" She nodded, letting another sniffle out. "Promise me you'll never keep a secret like that from me again. I don't care if I'm your boyfriend, or your best friend. I've never cared for someone as much as I care for you. Except my mum. But please, Annabelle, don't feel like you can't come talk to me about something like that. I'm here for you. I always have been."

"You never call me by my full name." She said quietly as she traced my chest tattoos with her finger.

"Well I've never had to, I guess. This is a serious conversation we're having." Involuntary chill bumps were rising on my skin as she examined my moth tattoo with her skinny finger.

"I love you, Harry." The way she said it, I knew what she meant. The way she said it was different than any other way she's ever said it before. I had secretly felt this way about Elle for years, and I felt as if she was completely blind to my feelings towards her. I bent my head down and kissed the top of her head, inhaling the scent of her hair. Nothing felt more right than having her here, safe, in my arms.

"I love you too, Elle." I squeezed my arms around her as tightly as I could, and let out a sigh. "As in, I really love you. A lot."

"I love you a lot more than you know, Haz." I felt a tear fall down onto my chest and she quickly wiped it away. "Sorry I'm such a mess." She sniffled and sat up, and tuned to face me.

"You're not a mess, love. You're beautiful." I said, taking in her looks. Her brown hair was a mess, curly and flat on the side that had been resting on me. Her brown eyes were red around them, and her leftover makeup that she didn't completely wash off the night before was making its way down her face. Her cheeks were tinted red and splotchy, unlike the pink that they usually were when I made her blush. Everything about her made her look pitiful and distressed, but she had never looked so beautiful and vulnerable in my eyes.

She didn't respond, just closed her eyes and leaned in to kiss me. I gladly welcomed her slightly chapped, dry lips as I felt her body fall into mine. Her arms went from around my torso to my neck as she swung one leg over my waist and lowered her bottom half to mine. I really did feel bad, making out with her when just five minutes ago she was crying and revealing her deepest secret to me. But she was the one who initiated it, so I allowed her to take control.

I gripped my hands around her hips, giving them a squeeze, loving that she actually has something to squeeze. She rolled her hips towards me and let out a little groan as I felt my stomach sink at the noises she was making just kissing me. I bit down on her bottom lip and pulled back, watching as she slowly opened her eyes to me.

"You drive me crazy." Elle put her forehead to mine and looked down, almost ashamed. "You have no idea what you do to me." I admitted, as she ran her hair through my hair, and I let my head fall back against the couch.

"I can feel what I do to you." She giggled into my neck as she sucked and kissed on my neck. She attacked the spot on my jaw that she knew drove me up the wall. I felt myself growing harder by the second, thanks to her wandering hand that was making its way lower and lower on my torso. "I'm surprised you can't feel what you're doing to me." She all but growled into my ear as she bit on my earlobe.

"Fuck, Elle." I ran my hands up the sides of my shirt that was on her body and palmed her breasts through the soft, thin fabric. Still in her pajamas, she hadn't bothered to put on a bra yet. They felt tender for a few moments until they started to firm up at the arousal of them. "You feel so good." I felt her moan against my neck as she kept pushing her hips against mine, both of us trying to create as much friction as we could.

Elle's P.O.V.

"Harry." I moaned out, hungry for more of his touch. I wanted to taste every inch of his body, I wanted to feel his warm skin against my tender flesh, I couldn't get enough of him. "Bedroom." Was all I could get out, and within seconds Harry had me wrapped around his waist and had reattached our lips as he carried me back to his room. He kicked the bedroom door shut by habit, and tossed me onto the bed. I laid on my back, watching him strip down to just his underwear. I made a come here motion with my finger and called him to me. He crawled over to me and hovered over me for a second before attacking my neck with kisses. His hands were working on getting my pajama shorts off as he made sure his mark would be left on my neck.

"Get these off." I laughed at his frustration with them, and I unbuttoned them and let him slide down my pants. His hand immediately went to the crotch of my panties and I grew embarrassed at how wet I already knew I was. "Seriously, Elle?" He muttered into my neck and I let out a laugh.

"Flip over." I commanded him, and he looked at me questioning what I had just said. "You heard me."

"Are you-"

"Harry fucking Styles, flip over so I can suck your cock." I had no idea where the dirty words that I just spoke came from, but I made a mental note to use it more frequently because Harry obeyed immediately, his face red. I straddled his hips now that he had laid back and ran my nails down his chest, stopping at the elastic waist of his briefs. "Want me to take this off?" I played with the hem of the t-shirt I had borrowed from him last night.

"Although it looks much better on you, I'd rather see it on my floor." He propped himself up on his elbows as he watched me slowly strip off the shirt. I took my time and I felt his large, warm hands growing eager as they followed the shirt up my body and over my head.

I tossed the shirt aside and let him take in the sight in front of him. I wanted him to be as aroused as he possibly could. I bent down to give him one more kiss on the lips, then started trailing more kisses down to what I wanted most. I took the band of his briefs between my teeth and pulled them down as much as I could before he lifted his hips up and I pulled them down past his ankles. I looked at the sight in front of me and tried not to act intimidated by his size, but... I couldn't help it. I grabbed him with my hand, and watched as Harry's head rolled back in pleasure. Blowjobs were my least favorite in the world, but it was probably because I had never had someone react like this.

"Elle." Harry groaned out as I rubbed the precum from his tip, and started pumping my hand up and down his fully erect cock. His hands were gripping the sheets harder and harder and I finally lowered my mouth down onto him. Almost immediately my mouth felt full with him in me, much less when his tip hit the back of my throat. I held back a gag as I move up and down on him, finding my own rhythm. After just a few moments, I felt Harry's hand grip onto my hair as I allowed him to set the pace. He felt controlling, but not forceful. I held onto his hip and squeezed it, letting him pump himself into my mouth "I'm not going to last much longer." I hummed around him, hearing him mumble words to himself. "Touch yourself." He groaned out. "Elle, I need to see you touch yourself. You look so fucking hot right now." I knew he was talking himself up to his release, so I obliged. I slowly started playing with my boobs, and a frustrated Harry groaned out again. "Not there, lower."

I removed my mouth from Harry and looked up at him as I continued pumping him with my . "Oh, you mean here?" I slowly trailed my hand down to my crotch and felt how wet I was. "God, Harry. I'm almost dripping."

"I bet you are." He said as I went down on him again, trying to bring myself to a climax. I knew it wouldn't take long, I was already almost there without touching myself by the moans Harry had been making. "Fuck, I'm about to cum." Harry gripped my hair tighter as I started working myself quicker, knowing I was about to too. A few seconds after I felt the tremble begin in my legs, I felt Harry shoot his load down the back of my throat. I swallowed all that I could as I allowed myself to climax at my own tempo. I sat up and wiped my mouth clean and looked at Harry. He was gorgeous. His jaw was clenching and relaxing as he was coming down from his high, and his eyes were still squeezed shut tightly. "Come here." He motioned for me to come lay beside him. I obliged and curled into his side, swinging my leg over his warm, almost sweaty body. "That was absolutely mind blowing. I should have asked you to be my girlfriend sooner." His eyes were still closed and I slapped him on the chest.

"Hey!" I said, and his eyes had returned to their bright green color they usually were. "I love you, Haz."

"I love you too, Annabelle." He placed a kiss on my forehead and I hummed in happiness at the use of my full name, closing my eyes. "Why don't we take a nap?"

"But it's like... 11 o'clock."

"Morning naps are the best." Harry's voice was growing more raspy with every sentence he spoke, and it just made me want to ravage his body all over again, but I decided napping would be a better decision for now.

---

"'Lo?" Harry answered his phone as he stirred the pot of noodles on the stove. He was in his just his briefs, his hair still damp from his shower earlier. I had showered just to put on a pair of his clean sweat pants and a t-shirt. I refused to leave the house today, so we had spent the day lazy kissing and watching movies. It was almost 8 PM and I was just now growing hungry for food other than snack foods and Harry promised he'd make me spaghetti.

"Yeah. No, we aren't doing anything tonight. What time? I'll ask." Harry muted the phone and turned to me. "Louis wants to know if we want to go out with him and Eleanor."

I shrugged, looking down at my attire. We hadn't left the house in days. Well, I hadn't. Harry had gone out to get food for us but I was still petrified to go out into the world. "Where?"

"Some place we usually go. There's rarely ever paps there."

I shrugged, "As long as we can still eat spaghetti. I'll be ready by 9?" Harry gave me a thumbs up and turned around to continue cooking and talking to Louis. I scrolled through a Twitter, seeing the stupid things people were saying to me. I don't know why I did this to myself, but at least once a day I checked.

"Leave the poor girl alone, she's happy, and he's obviously happy with her."
"Ugh, I can't believe Harry would stoop so low. #marrymeinstead"
"She's probably just using him for his money since she can't keep a job."


"Do I have to take your phone away from you again?" Harry had snuck up behind me with a plate of spaghetti and I put my phone down on the counter as he reached around to put my plate in front of me. "Reading that isn't going to help a thing."

I sighed, not saying anything. "Do we have to go out? I'm much more comfortable here."

"You can't stay holed up here forever." Harry started taking bites of his spaghetti and I watched him for a few moments before I started eating mine.

Over the last few days, my attraction to Harry had grown. I'm not sure if it was because he was the only person I was around, or if it was me appreciating his looks more. The way he chewed his food with so much force, the way he scratched the back of his neck when he was thinking, the way he rubbed his eyes with his bent finger when he was sleepy, and the way he snored at night, but refused to admit that he snored. Every little thing about Harry was making me fall more in love with him. I almost felt like I was losing my mind. Harry was the perfect boyfriend, and I don't know how I didn't see it before now. I could tell him anything and everything and he wouldn't judge me. He'd just sit there and listen to me talk, and cry, and laugh about what I was talking about. He made me feel like I was the only person in the world. In his world. I have never been so scared in my life, as I am right now, falling in love with my best friend, Harry Styles.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for all the subscribes/recommendations, loves! keep the comments coming, I'd love to know what all of you are thinking about the story so far!