Status: Finished :(

Best Friends Means...

twenty seven

I walked down one of the halls of the familiar, but still unfamiliar arenas. They were all basically the same. Dressing rooms, catering rooms, workout rooms, and a stage. Sometimes the boys would have their own dressing room, and sometimes they'd all be thrown into one mess of a room. The week and a half I had been on tour, I had volunteered to help Caroline with dressing the boys. I mean, I did work in fashion for a while and I knew what I was doing. When she couldn't get Harry to act like he was supposed to act, she'd call on me to straighten him up. Usually that would do the trick.

"Did you get enough to eat, Niall?" I asked, sitting across from him and beside Harry. Both boys had stacked their plates full of food.

"This is actually my second plate." I rolled my eyes as I started eating my salad.

They had just finished with sound check and were eating their dinner two hours before they went on. If they ate any later, someone would get sick, but if they ate any earlier, they'd all be hungry again. Things with Harry had resolved, he was back to his normal, loving, sweet self and we hadn't had an argument since I came along to join them on tour. He wasn't speaking as much, but I took that as a sign of him holding himself back from saying anything he would regret saying.

"I just got off the phone with mum!"

"Oh yeah? What did she have to say?" Harry asked, placing his fork down on his empty plate and wiping his mouth.

"She was just making sure everything was alright. Your mum was over there. She said you hadn't called her in a bit so she was also making sure everything was alright. Why haven't you called her?" I knew I was nagging, but I also knew how upset Anne was.

"I've been texting her, I guess I could call her."

"It's not the same to our mums when we just text them, Harry. You know that." Niall's kind eyes broke from his meal and looked up at Harry.

"Fine, I'll go call her." He let out a groan and stood up from the table to walk away. Just when I thought everything had gotten better, he made an exit by slamming the door to catering.

Niall just shook his head and rolled his eyes as he continued eating. Liam joined us at the table and we started talking about how the 50,000 fans were outside of the venue impatiently waiting to be let in.

"I can't believe they've been out there all day." I added into the conversation Liam and Niall were having.

"Seriously? Some of them have been out there for days. It's ridiculous. I'm surprised their parents let them wait that long." Niall said, stuffing another fork full into his mouth.

"I actually saw a few mothers out there waiting with their kids." Liam noted.

"Better warn Harry." Niall joked and I kicked his leg from under the table. "Ouch, that hurt!" He pouted and finished his plate in silence.

"Have you met any of the opening band guys yet?" Liam asked me from beside Niall.

I shook my head at Liam, "No, but I know who they are. I've watched them a few times since I've been here, and they're decent."

"Decent is all?" A brown haired guy who was a few seats down from me interrupted our conversation.

"I mean yeah, they're decent. The fans seem to really enjoy them." Niall and Liam were holding back laughter as I spoke. "What is so funny?"

The brown haired boy stood up from his seat and walked over to me. "I'm their drummer, Ashton."

I felt all of the color drain out of my face as I brought my hands up to cover my mouth. "Oh God, I am so sorry."

"It's alright, we know we're not everyone's cup of tea. The other blokes just left or else I'd introduce them to you as well, we all know who you are, we just haven't had a chance to speak to you yet. Welcome to the tour!" He shook my hand like a gentleman and stood back up to walk away.

"You guys could have told me!" I tossed my napkin between the two boys.

"Yeah, but your face was priceless!" Niall spoke through tears he was laughing out. I took a deep sigh and stood up, deciding it was time to try to find Harry.

I walked down the long hallway and searched high and low to find my curly haired boyfriend.

"Hey! You!" Ashton poked his head out from behind a door and I turned around to answer to him.

"Yeah? I'm actually looking for-"

"Come in here and meet everyone, then you can go find the lost boy!"

I all but stomped my Doc Marten clad feet over to their dressing room. "Hi, I'm Elle, Harry's girlfriend."

I waved as the rest of the boys introduced themselves as Calum, Luke, and Michael.

"So, you gonna be on the whole rest of the tour? And the US tour?" The blonde boy known as Luke asked me.

"Uh, I haven't really decided yet. Depends on if Harry wants me to or not." I shrugged, leaning against one of the tables in their room. "Are you guys opening in the US, too?"

Calum nodded his perfectly styled hair. "Yeah, we are! You should come. The guys are a lot of fun."

I smiled and agreed, feeling awkward in the room with these four guys I had just met. "Well I should be-" As I turned around, I smacked into a hard chest. "I was just looking for you!"

"Wrong band, don't you think?" Harry kissed me on the top of the forehead before speaking again. "I see you guys met Elle. I've been meaning to introduce her, but now that she's done it for herself, I don't have to, I guess." I pushed my way by Harry and started walking down the hall before Harry caught up to me. "What was that for?"

"You acting like you just have to introduce me to everyone. I can do it myself, you know." It infuriated me how Harry acted like he had to do everything for me. Or show that I was his. I wasn't a piece of property, and he hadn't gotten that through his mind yet.

"It's just the polite thing to do, for me to introduce you to everyone. Sorry. I didn't mean to upset you." He threw his hands up in the air in defeat. "Mum didn't answer so I left her a message."

"So what took you so long?"

"Called Gemma and then took a shower. I think everyone wants to go out tonight since we have a day off tomorrow... Like everyone. We rented out a club about 20 minutes from the hotel. Do you wanna come along?" His tone of voice was short, and he seemed as if he were reluctant to ask me to come along with everyone.

"Well, I don't want to sit in the hotel room by myself, that's for sure."

"Good." Harry said as he grabbed my hand and we made our way to his individual dressing room. He shut the door quietly behind him and sat down on the couch the venue provided, patting the spot beside him. I obliged, and laid my head down on his shoulder. "What did you think of the guys?"

"Well, Ashton was sitting beside us at dinner, and Liam asked me about them, and I said I thought they were just decent and he heard me, so he knows how I really feel about them. They seem like nice guys though."

"And how do you feel about them?"

"I said they're decent. You know that's not my type of music... One Direction isn't really my type of music either, though."

"But would you say we're better?"

I rolled my eyes at Harry's child-like antics. "Yes, Harry. You guys are much better."

"That's what I wanted to hear." I let out a chuckle as Harry laced his long fingers with mine, intertwining them. I pulled his hand up to mine and gave him a kiss on the back of his hand. "You're the best, you know that?"

"I try." I placed my head in Harry's lap as he draped an arm across my shoulders. "I'm going to take a 30 minute power nap."

"Sounds good." He replied sinking back into the couch, his fingers intertwining in my hair.

___

Harry's P.O.V.

The music in the club was about 15 notches too loud, the drinks were too strong, and I was having a hard time keeping up with Elle. Last time I spotted her brunette hair she was dancing with Lou, but Lou was now seated at the bar ordering another drink. I scanned over the crowd of people that had been invited out tonight, having no luck with spotting her. I walked over to Louis and asked him if he had seen her, and he pointed over to a spot on the dance floor I had neglected to scan. I pushed through the crowd of people, being careful not to spill my drink over the dancing bodies.

Finally I reached Elle, pulling her shimmying hips back against mine and I felt her body relax against mine. She was holding an empty glass out to the side and I took it out of her hand, and placed my almost full drink in her small hand. She took a few sips of it as she continued moving her body against mine.

"You know, princess, you shouldn't take drinks from people you don't know." I whispered in her ear, pushing her long, curly hair off of her shoulder.

"You know, prince, I've seen you watching me like a hawk all night long. I'm surprised it took you this long to come find me." She smarted back at me, and I knew she was drunk by the way she was stuttering over her words.

"You look a little strange dancing by yourself over here. You were just waiting on me, weren't you?" I placed the empty glass on a nearby table, I needed my hands free to contain Elle in our little area.

She turned around to face me and wrapped her arms around my neck, straddling my leg and grinding on top of it. "Wrong. I was dancing with someone."

I furrowed my eyebrows and cocked my head, looking at her strangely. "Who was dancing with you?"

"Lou. And then... I can't tell you." She giggled, tightening her grip around my neck and pulling me as close as she could. She knew what she was doing to me when she acted like this. God, if it was anyone I knew, I was going to punch them.

"Yeah, you can. Elle, who were you dancing with?"

She held a finger up to her lips, "Shhhhhhh. It's a secret."

"Elle, tell me who the fuck you were dancing with." I took a step back and broke the grip she had around my neck, causing her to drop the glass and shatter everywhere. "I swear if it was Niall or-"

"Or who, Harry? I can't dance with someone in a club? That's what they're for. You were over there spying on me with Louis. You should've seen who I was dancing with. If you missed it, that's your own damn problem. Just because I'm dancing with someone doesn't mean I want to take them home." I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that it was him, that bastard. "It wasn't Niall, by the way."

"Then who was it, huh?"

"Quit acting like an asshole and I might tell you. I need another drink." She shoved past me and I followed as she made her way to the bar. I watched as she leaned over the bar, immediately grabbing the attention of the guy serving drinks tonight. I let out another sigh, leaning my head back and closing my eyes. I knew exactly what she was trying to do to me, and it was taking everything in me to not pull her out of the bar right now and take her back to the hotel.

Elle drove me crazy. I wanted her all to myself, for no one else to see like this. I hated when she was flirty and flaunted herself in front of me to other guys. I crossed my arms as I watched her add another drink to my tab, take a few sips of her drink, and reel me in with her pointer finger.

"What?" I asked, helping her up onto the bar stool.

"Come here." She pulled me by the collar to a face-to-face level with her and smashed her lips into mine. I could taste the whiskey on her breath, and her minty pink lipstick. She let go of my collar and I looked down at her as she spoke, "You look so sexy when you're jealous. I drive you crazy, don't I?" She batted her long, thick eyelashes at me as she stuck the small straw between her perfectly painted lips and took a few more sips of her drink.

"You have no idea." I placed my hands on either side of the her, forcing her to lean against the wooden bar. "Tell me who you danced with tonight and I won't be mad at you anymore. You've gotta be honest with me, Elle."

"Why does it matter so much to you?" She really was clueless. She had no idea that it drove me up the wall how she took so lightly the idea of me knowing that she was grinding her perfect hips against some unworthy guy's crotch just minutes before I had snuck up behind her.

"Because, you're mine." I whispered in her ear, nibbling on her ear lobe.

"I don't remember you writing your name on me, Haz." She looped her fingers through my belt loops and pulled me between her legs, where I'm sure she could feel me growing hard.

"Yeah? Need me to remind you what it feels like to be mine?" I wrapped one of my arms around her as she nodded, pulling her upper body closer to mine and I started sucking on her neck, making sure I'd leave a mark. I didn't really care who was watching us, I needed whoever in the hell danced with my princess to know that she was mine.

___

HARRY STYLES... VAMPIRE?

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Before you start your assumptions, look at this picture an inside source took tonight at a club One Direction rented out for their entire tour team and rich friends who can fly to any country they're playing. Styles was seen hawking over girlfriend Elle all night long before cornering her against a bar and sucking on her neck... Tacky, Styles! No one wants a mark like that.

Rumor has it that band mate of Styles and friend (or more) of Elle, Niall Horan, had Elle flown out to come along on tour to cheer up a pale, sad and lonely Harry Styles a few weeks ago. The two were seen dancing on the floor earlier in the night before Harry swooped in and took Elle under her own wing. Is Horan sneaking behind his friends back, or does Styles not care that the two were all over each other minutes before?


"This is bullshit, Elle. You told me it wasn't him." I ran a fingers through my tangled hair and watched as Elle covered her naked body up with the sheet from the bed.

"I swear I wasn't dancing with Niall, Harry."

"Then who were you dancing with?! This says differently." I slammed my iPad down on the table and grabbed Elle by the face. "Why won't you tell me?!"

"Because I was drunk and stupid, I don't know why they'd say I was dancing with Niall. He was around us, but he was dancing with some other girl that was invited. Ashton was who I was dancing with, alright? I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Harry. It was for like, one song, and he wasn't even a good dancer. I mean, you're a horrible dancer and I dare say he was worse than you." I took a deep breath as I sat down on the bed, looking in Elle's eyes, searching for the truth. Her big brown eyes were pleading for me to forgive her. "It was just fun. We were talking a lot... About you. I promise it didn't mean anything. He wasn't touching me or anything. Harry, please don't get mad at me. I'm so sorry." A tear fell from her cheek as she looked down at the white duvet cover.

"I'm not mad at you, I just wish you'd tell me these things."

"I'm scared to tell you everything, Harry."

"Why?" I tried not to frown, but I felt my lips form into an upside down smile as I waited for Elle's reply.

"Because... I don't want you to get mad at me anymore. I hate seeing you mad. You... You almost scare me. You're really intimidating and I'm not used to intimidating Harry. I'm used to sweet, flirty Harry."

"Elle, I never want to scare you. I'm sorry if I ever did. I just, I love you so much, you know that?" She nodded, wiping the single tears that were falling from her eyes. "I'm sorry I get so protective. It just has come as an instinct. I'm not mad at you, and I'm not mad at Ashton. As long as you're telling me the truth about it, I'm not bothered. I told you I'd work on my anger, and I am. I'm really trying for you, princess." I grabbed her hands and placed a kiss on the back of each of them.

"Did I get you in trouble with that article?"

I shook my head, even though that was a half truth. Management had sent me the article early this morning as soon as it was posted, and I had a phone meeting with them later on in the afternoon. "Not completely. I have to call them later on today. I'm sure they'll just tell me to be careful."

"I'm so-"

I leaned forward before she could finish her statement and silenced her, "Quit apologizing."

She smiled as she fell back against the bed, pulling me down with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
UGH i'm horrible, i'm so so so sorry this took so long to update. I had the ENTIRE CHAPTER written out and wanted to save it to make some changes... and I forgot to save my draft and lost everything, so this is really kind of a terrible chapter and ah i'm so sorry!!!