Status: just getting started, so be patient with me. :)

Let's Run

moving

I yawned and rubbed at my eyes gently. A flight attendant walked up and down the aisle, checking with all of the passengers to see if anyone needed help working on their Customs sheet. I’d finished mine twenty minutes ago just after the older woman had given it to me. I stretched out as far as I could in my first class seat.

After the gold medal game Evgeni and I celebrated with his Canadian friends. I carried the flag with my fellow gold medalists at the closing ceremony and then celebrated that night with all of the other Olympians who were still in Sochi. Most of that night was a blur to me. My only memory was waking up in my bed with a note for Evgeni telling me he’d see me in Pittsburgh.

I sighed in relief when I heard the announcement that we’d be landing soon. My legs were falling asleep and I desperately wanted to breathe in some fresh air. I got extremely motion sick sometimes after long flights, so the landing was extremely welcome.

When the plane landed I was the one of the first allowed to exit. The flight attendants didn’t want to cause a big thing with my departure. I was escorted from the gate to the baggage claim by airport personnel. I smiled in thanks and grabbed my luggage that was waiting for me.

It wasn’t hard to find Evgeni waiting in the parking lot. The huge black Range Rover was something he’d told me to expect. I happily skipped over to the car and threw my arms around him when he stepped out of the car.

“Baby,” he murmured near silently into my hair as he hugged me closely.

My smile widened as I clutched him tighter. We pulled apart and Evgeni grabbed my luggage. He put it in the trunk and then opened the passenger door for me. I slid into the car and buckled up, excited to see the house and begin my new life in Pittsburgh.

“Excited?” he smirked, looking over at me. I was practically jumping up and down in my seat. I rolled my eyes back at him and stuck out my tongue. Evgeni laughed and turned his attention back to the road.

“When’s your first game?” I asked a few silent moments later.

The only other sound in the car was coming from the radio, a soft voice crooning in English.

“Thursday.” He replied. “We play Montreal at Consol.”

I nodded.

“Are you gonna go?” he asked as we turned into a nice looking neighborhood.

“Do you want me to?” I asked. I didn’t turn to look at him, instead I was more focused on the houses we passed, too eager to see the one I’d be moving into.

“Of course.” He replied.

Evgeni slowed down considerably and turned the car into a paved driveway. I smiled widely at the house in front of me. It was perfect in every way.

“This is amazing.” I told him excitedly as he put the car into park. I unblocked and practically jumped out of the car. “Keys!” I yelled. Evgeni chuckled and tossed his keys to me.

I caught them and ran up to the front door. He only had two keys on his ring. I rolled my eyes at that and easily figured out which one went to the front door. I stumbled through the door and sighed happily at the foyer.

“Like it?” Evgeni asked as he stepped into the house behind me.

I turned to smile brightly at him and nodded. I skipped over to his side and wrapped my arms around his waist.

Later, I was sprawled out on the couch in the living room. I hung off upside down so that my head was nearly touching the floor. Evgeni was on the other side of the couch watching television and ignoring my annoying whining. I grabbed my iPhone from the ground beside my head and turned to take a picture of Evgeni ignoring me.

@tatyana_petrov: @malkin71_ is already tired of me. #woops

The doorbell ringing caused me to stop pestering Evgeni. I frowned at him and raised an eyebrow. He shrugged and stood up to answer the door. I flipped off of the couch and followed him silently. I leaned in the doorway and watched him open the door.

“Lazy!” he greeted whoever was waiting on the other side of the door.

Evgeni hugged the man and exchanged a few words before stepping back and letting him inside.

“This must be your Russian love, Tatyana.” The man grinned at me as he stepped forward and held his hand out to me. “I’m James Neal.”

“Nice to meet you.” I laughed. I shook his hand.

“Your English is great.” He replied. “Evgeni kind of just mumbles his way through things.” James chuckled.

Evgeni glared at him and forced him into a headlock. I rolled my eyes at their horseplay and left them to it. I went into the kitchen to search for something to make for dinner.

Soon enough James and Evgeni stopped wrestling and joined me in the kitchen. They both sat on the bar stools in front of the kitchen island and stared at me as I maneuvered through the cabinets and refrigerator.

“How do you already know where everything is?” Evgeni asked me.

James frowned in confusion at him and glanced over at me, obviously confused.

“You keep your kitchen the same as your mother’s.” I replied without looking away from my task. “Speak English, Ev. It’s not nice to your friend.”

“Ana says we have to speak English so that you understand.” Evgeni rolled his eyes over to James.

“Thank you Ana!” James grinned.

“You’re welcome, Nealsy.” I replied, glancing over my shoulder to wink at him.

“No winking at Lazy!” Evgeni teased. “Only me.”

“Sure, Ev.” I rolled my eyes and continued cooking.

The two of them talked about practice that morning and what the game on Thursday was going to be like. I only half listened and gave a few comments every now and then, but mostly I focused on making dinner. James left to use the restroom so Evgeni stood and leaned against the counter next to me.

“What do you think?” he asked.

“He’s funny. You two seem really close.” I said, only briefly glancing up at him and then going back to the food.

He nodded and then kissed my temple.

I wiped my hands off on my pants and then wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Thank you for moving here.” Evgeni grinned down at me. “It’s better now.”

“No problem.” I smiled back. “I love it here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter tatyana will meet all the others and the wags.