Status: just getting started, so be patient with me. :)

Let's Run

penguins

I groaned as the Canadiens scored yet another goal. I heard the same reaction throughout the box. Veronique Fleury kept up a constant perch next to me throughout the entire game. We’d been introduced earlier in the day and immediately hit it off at our similar taste in fashion and our broken English. Her daughter, Stella, had quickly become my closest ally during the game. She’d found a permanent residence in my lap and giggled at some of my mumbling and shouting during the game.

The other girls in the box found it quite humorous when I shouted in Russian. Although they had no idea what I was saying, they knew for a fact it wasn’t entirely appropriate.

Emily Glass was another one of my new friends. Sawyer, her son, mostly sat in silence during the game. Emily had to change him once during the game. She excused herself quietly and went out to the private bathroom that was attached to the box.

The Penguins didn’t mess around when it came to the Wags box. There was a buffet table for the kids in case any of them got hungry during the game. The bathroom was phenomenal. It provided a perfect amount of privacy for everyone so they didn’t have to worry about some of the particularly rowdy fans.

I felt my phone vibrating profusely in my back pocket a few minutes later. I quickly deposited Stella back into Vero’s lap and excused myself to the hallway to answer the call.

“Elena?” I answered, confused as to why my younger sister was calling me at such a random time.

“I miss you, Ana.” I heard her respond. She sniffled and I knew immediately that she’d been crying. “It’s not the same without you here anymore.”

“Lena, I miss you too.” I replied, crossing my legs a little as I leaned against the wall. “But I live in America now.”

“Can I come visit you?” she asked. “I hate it here.”

“I’d love for you to visit, Lena, but you have school. Maybe during the summer when Evgeni and I go back to Russia we can bring you back here with us for a couple of weeks?” I suggested.

I’d definitely have to discuss it with Evgeni and see if he was even okay with Elena staying in the house or not, but he loved her. He’d probably agree. My parents, on the other hand, might not be so okay with their sixteen year old daughter living with their twenty-six year old daughter in another country.

“Thank you Ana! You’re a life saver!” she gushed excitedly.

“Why are you so eager to get out of Russia?” I asked, confused by her exclamation.

“Mom is driving me crazy.” Lena explained. “I think it’s because you’re not around anymore for her to spaz over.”

I sighed; I should’ve known my mother’s attention would be turned to Elena with my leaving. I could’ve warned my younger sister that our mother tended to be obsessive.

“Sorry, Lena.” I told her. I heard the buzzer in the background. “Listen, I’ve gotta go. I’ll talk to Ev about you visiting.”

“Thank you! I love you, Ana.”

“Love you too Lena. Send everyone else my love.” I hung up and walked back into the box.

I raised an eyebrow at Vero who only shook her head with a frown. I sighed and sat back down. Stella reached over for me almost immediately. I chuckled softly and took the small girl back into my arms.

“She really seems to love her Aunt Ana.” Vero mused from beside me.

I grinned down at the young girl and covered her face with kisses. She giggled and hugged me tighter.

“Auntie Ana loves her very much.” I told the young girl. She grinned widely and tapped my face with her small hands.

Vero led us down to the locker room. I kept Stella perched on my hip after she refused to leave my arms and go back to her mother. Emily stood with us in the family room; chatting about a yoga class she was interested in going to.

“I’ll go with you.” I told her, switching Stella over to my other hip. “I love yoga.”

“Yes! Thank you!” Emily grinned.

We only waited a few more moments before the guys began pouring out of the locker room. I smiled timidly at Evgeni and Marc as they approached us. Ev only shrugged his shoulder and began doting on Stella who was still perched on my hip. We stood together in a small group for a few more minutes, talking quietly and making plans. Vero and I were going shopping tomorrow before we left for the Stadium Series game in Chicago. Emily and I were going to a yoga class while the guys were on a road trip for a week.

“Say bye bye Auntie Ana.” Vero waved Stella’s hand for her.

I grinned and pressed a big kiss onto the small girl’s cheek.

“Bye bye Stella.” I waved.

Evgeni reached over and intertwined his fingers with mine. He silently led the two of us out of the arena and to his waiting car. I reached into his pocket with my other hand and grabbed the keys. Evgeni raised his eyebrow in confusion.

“You’re too tired to drive, let me do it.”

He nodded and slowly climbed into the passenger seat. I walked around the car and slid into the driver’s seat. Evgeni chuckled a bit to himself at the distance between me and the steering wheel. I frowned at him and then shook my head with a small smile. I moved the seat up until my feet could reach the pedals and then started the car.

I drove home mostly in silence. Ev sat with his head against the glass, mumbling every few minutes in broken Russian.

“Lena wants to come visit.” I told him after a few minutes.

The drive back to the house was about twenty minutes. Evgeni sat up straighter and looked over at me with a small smile.

“You don’t have to agree, don’t feel like you have to let her stay. She has school and other responsibilities back home.” I told him, nervously adjusting my grip on the steering wheel. “And it’s your house so your rules.”

“It’s your house too, Ana.” He replied, turning his gaze back out of the window. “She can come back with us this summer.”

I chewed on my lip to keep my large grin from breaking out. Soon after we got to the house. I parked the car in the garage and slid out.

“Come on Superstar.” I unlocked the door leading into the house and held it open for him.

Ev slowly trudged into the house. He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my forehead and then walked past me into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhhh, sorry it took so long! thank you all so much for the support! love you guys! :)