Goin' to Hell

Someone get me out of sun

I get ready for class and decide to call Austen. It goes straight to voicemail; something that never happens. Austen is one of those girls that always has to have her phone on. Her ringer is never off and she always answers the call within the first ring unless she was in class. Worry washes over me as I walk out of my dorm room and head to my first class. After class, I’ll call Kate; she’d know if anything happened to Austen.

Just as I walk out of my first class, I check my phone and see that I have three missed calls from Kate and 5 from my mother. Worried, I immediately call my mom.

“Frankie?” She asks. Her voice is hoarse, as if she’s been crying.

“Mom what’s wrong?” I ask her, “you sound like you’ve been crying.”

“When was the last time you talked with Austen?”

“Last night before she went out with Kate, why?”

“She never made it to Kate’s apartment.” My heart stops, “Frankie, she hasn’t been answering my calls and that’s not the worst part.”

“What’s the worst part?” I ask, dreading the answer.

“There was a note found at your dad’s apartment. It looks like Austen’s writing....”

“Austen didn’t run away,” I try and reason with her, “she wouldn't bail on Kate plus she’s almost done with college, she wouldn’t fuck that up.”

“I wasn’t finished,” she softly snaps, “the wording isn’t like hers. It was as if someone forced her to write it.”

“You think she’s been kidnapped haven’t you?”

“It wouldn’t be the first time.” I hear my mother sigh, “Frankie you need to come home. We need help trying to find Austen before it’s too late.”

“I’m on my way.” I quietly say before hanging up. Tears prick my eyes as I find myself throwing my phone across the mod, nearly hitting someone in the head. My blood pressure boils to a dangerouls level as I storm towards my room.

Austen is out there, somewhere, hurt and I’m going to find her. I’m going to make those people pay for messing with the wrong Barton….