Lion of God

The Giant of Hollow Forest

My name; Ariel, in Hebrew means lion of God; I never understood why the city of Westerwolf gave me that name. It is too elegant for a tomboy like me who would rather go out with her knives and hunt instead of dating boys or whatever those types do with their spare time. The Droves Academy was for the rich, unless you were an orphan like me. We, as orphans were adopted into the academy and are trained to the best of our ability…whether as a doctor, lawyer, or like me a Stalker. We are the ones who try to negotiate with the enemy to not attack our city. Most half lions like me do this job; we are supposed to be the toughest ones other than the few in the cat family.

It wasn’t very long until I graduated from the academy and something didn’t feel right about the whole situation. My professors were even looking at me weird today, except one who was smiling and congratulating me. The one professor who hadn’t liked me throughout the whole school year, just now talks to me like I was one of his favorites? Something is going on and I don’t like it.
That was yesterday, today I am going to the main branch to see who my Droves partner is going to be for my first mission to protect Westerwolf. It was a big office with many other different species, one in particular stood out amongst the rest. Mainly because he was huge, way bigger than me…although I am a smaller lion compared to most. I was taken out of my thoughts by a wolf like girl tapping my shoulder.

“It’s this way Ariel.” She spoke almost too softly, but I followed her to a small desk in the corner. “You need to sign this before you get introduced to your partner.”

I read the gist of the paper, saying that they aren’t liable for anything that happens…you know the normal liability statement. So I signed it, anxious to meet my partner.

“Here you go…now where is my partner?” I smiled to the small wolf.

“His name is Tidius…and he should be walking straight over here right…never mind here he is.” She says pointing to the huge guy I saw earlier.

“Seriously? You had to pair up the smallest lion…with the hugest lion?” I laughed enthusiastically. “Okay then…I’ll go over and greet my partner.”

“Ummm to warn you he is a bit of a brute…and doesn’t talk very often. So if you need to change partners you come straight to me.” She smiled for the first time, very sure of herself.

“And your name is?” I ask, being curious.

“Accalia.”

“Alright Accalia…I will be sure to report back to you.”

“Oh no…you don’t report to me. You will just put your paperwork of the mission into the mailbox in the front. The office will be closed by the time you come back.” She then gave me a wicked smile, but I brushed it off.

“Right…well I guess I will talk to you later…or whatever.” I waved behind me as I walked towards the huge lion like guy. He didn’t have whiskers like me, but he had the ears, tail and…eyes. Well at first sight…I can’t really see his teeth though.

“Ah hello Tidius…I’m your new partner. My name is Ariel.” I said smiling up at the lion. He just looked at me for a minute and frowned. I didn’t know whether to take that as a good thing or a bad thing.

“You are small for a lion.” Was all he said, before walking off before me, his voice wasn’t as loud as I thought it should be...it was soft and gentle, but also commanding like I should follow him. That’s when he waved for me to follow him out the doors, so I followed.

As I shadowed behind him I watched his stride, and it was just like a full blooded lion pacing back and forth finding his prey. His footsteps fell more silent as he quickened his pace causing his shoulder blades to move with such smoothness. I could barely even keep up with him without running alongside. But instead of that I kept behind watching his tail whip back and forth it was almost hypnotizing. He had on camo pants that were tucked into a pair of dark brown combat boots, loosely fitted around his large feet. It wasn’t strange for a lion to have larger sized feet but his were…pretty big, you could say. I looked down at my boots that were caked in muck and grime; they were tiny compared to his and my pants weren’t really made for roaming through a jungle but I figured they wouldn’t snag on anything, and that was a good thing. As my eyes traveled up his back again he had started messing with the sleeve of his slim fitting shirt…I could tell he was eager to rip them right off. I know I can’t stand wearing shirts with sleeves on them either, that’s why I either wear a tank top; like I am now, or cut the sleeves off. We as lions wanted to have freedom…but our human side had to put on clothes. As he fiddled with his sleeve I saw a glimpse of a black tattoo on his shoulder, but not all of it. My cat side fought with my human side over the curiosity. But the human part won and decided to be more practical with questions.

“Tidius, where are we going? You didn’t tell me anything about this mission.” I said fidgeting with the knives on the side of my hips, unbuttoning the latches and then latching them back.

“You will soon find out.” Was all he said before stopping mid step, causing me to run straight into him.

He turned around, staring straight down into my eyes with a frown. His eyes were the same golden color as mine, but his hair was a light brownish color unlike mine which was a reddish blonde. I wanted to keep comparing myself to this giant but was caught off guard with him taking a hold of my waist with his enormous hands, lifting me up like a child and held me up so I could see straight into his eyes. I felt a little uncomfortable with him staring like that, and then I thought back to Accalia who said that he was a brute. Now I definitely believed it. His gaze was warmer now that I saw it up close but confused.

“You have whiskers, how odd.” He said with a straight face, I just laughed.

“Are you telling me I am odd? Have you looked in the mirror lately? I mean seriously you are huge…are you part giant or something?” I asked, but he didn’t answer, only to gently put me onto his shoulder. I thought it was curious that my body fit perfectly onto his shoulder or maybe it’s just my imagination.

I could see a lot more clearly up here and I finally figured out which forest we were in. We were in the middle of the Hollow Forest, an abandoned old forest that no one went into unless it was just stupid kids who didn’t believe in all the stories that went around. I remember when I was in the orphanage; the other kids would hear rumors going around about how people would get eaten by the giant of Hollow Forest. There were even kids from the orphanage who went missing many times. It scared me as a kid but now they were only stories, so I thought.

“Wait…is our mission about the giant? Tell me it’s not true.” I whispered, but it was too late. I snapped my head back to the front to hear a snoring sound. My hand automatically went for my knives. But Tidius put his hand up for me to stop.

“We talk first…”

“Right. Sorry.” I said, putting my hands down. “Excuse me Giant…wait what is his name?”

A huge yawn from the giant sent chilled down my spine, I wonder if Tidius felt my tremble.

“My name is Fenris…Kitty cat.” He smiled with discolored fanged teeth, licking his lips as he stared at me, it caused another shiver.
His voice was raspy and old sounding and not the nice grandfather kind either. It had a certain wickedness to it that would raise the dead. The stench of him reeked out from beneath him, I had wondered why until I looked at what it was. Corpses and a litter of bones everywhere around them, it smelled like death and blood. I pushed my hand over my sensitive nose to fade the stench away. Why hadn’t I noticed? Was that the reason Tidius had picked me up?

I don’t quite understand what species he is because he looks like a human with fanged teeth and a body of some kind of an animal that walked on two feet and had black fur, nothing was like that.
“Well we are from the…” I got interrupted.

“Yes, yes The “Droves” blah blah blah. They always send out the ones who are idiotic enough to come out here or is it something else? Did the kitty cats do something bad?” Fenris questioned as he started getting closer to us still smiling.

“No we are here to do our jobs! Now we will give you a choice either Join us or leave our city alone and leave! Which one is it?” I said now trying to stand up on his shoulders, eventually Tidius put me on the ground because he felt the trouble I was having balancing.

“Hmmm…what do you think little one?” He asked as he stepped out of the darkness and into the light showing what he really was. He was an abomination a complete mixed breed…wolf, lion, human and giant. One of the genetic experiments had gone wrong, making him a disfigured outcast of the world. I felt a little sorry for him, and then I thought about how many people he had killed, how many children he sacrificed for his empty stomach. It made me sick to think about now.

I stepped back trying to get myself ready for a fight, I flicked open the latches over my knives and grabbed the hilts, twirling them at the ready. Tidius hadn’t moved an inch and only just stood there staring at the beast with sad eyes. He was thinking the same as I was a few seconds ago I bet, but he will soon realize that Fenris is just a monster murdering innocent people.

Fenris was still smiling and started grabbing for only me. I didn’t know why he didn’t go after Tidius but I had to run…and fast. I didn’t look back but heard a scream of pain, hoping it wasn’t Tidius I started back only to realize that Tidius had pinned the monster’s hand down with a machete into the ground. But Tidius was nowhere to be found. Before I knew it Fenris had grabbed my leg pulling me into his cave. He had somehow gotten loose from the blade and was bleeding everywhere. I tried stabbing the monster but it was no use because he pulled me close enough so he could encase me in one of his hands. I just closed my eyes not knowing what to do, until I heard a deep laughter coming from the abomination’s mouth. He then started crushing my body so I couldn’t breathe. I let out the last breath I had left in my lungs, choking for air. I tried looking for Tidius but he still wasn’t there and that frightened me more than anything, I thought I was a goner. That was until I heard a large slicing noise, his hand loosened around my body before the hand and I hit the ground hard, jarring my head. My eyes became fuzzy from the fall; they finally focused onto Tidius who was ripping out his knives from Fenris’ throat. Blood was flooding everywhere and the worst part about it was Fenris was still partially still alive and loosing blood fast.

Tidius wiped his knives off on his shirt before walking up to me and frowning…again. I hadn’t noticed I was shaking until then…and tears were falling from my eyes. When did I start doing this? I asked myself wiping the tears away hastily.

“Sorry…I didn’t know I was this scared.” I tried to laugh it off but I was still shaking. I could feel my canines knocking against my other teeth. This was bad…maybe I wasn’t ready for field work.

“You know they gave you this mission on purpose, right?” Tidius spoke finally while putting his knives back into their places.

“What do you mean?” I asked with curiosity.

“I’m not sure but the big boss was pushing it on you for some reason. I asked to be your partner…Well because I knew this would happen. You need to keep on your feet from now on, I think they are trying to get you killed.” His voice was smooth but firm…so I knew he wasn’t lying to me.

“I knew something was up when they let me graduate earlier than expected. But I can’t really do anything, now can I? I’ll just do the report and be on my merry way, like always.” I sighed finally able to calm myself of the fear that set in.

“Just be on a look out, we better get out of here before the Scaves come in.” He looked down at her firmly. He was too tensed up for some reason. But I knew he was right about the Scaves, they would take one look at them and hunt them down for a kill. Those poor humans they were so disease ridden that it took over their whole body and now they just feed on whatever they had to, to survive.

We started walking down the path we came from and I was just staring down at Tidius’ feet and thinking about how Accalia said that Tidius never talked. I wanted to laugh because he had talked to me. I don’t know why that made me happy.

We made it to the edge of the forest, but Tidius didn’t go towards the office he was actually going in the opposite direction towards the city.

“We have to fill out our report, right?” I asked confused.

“Right…we can do it at home, and when we come in tomorrow….turn it in.” He said with a sigh and with his shoulders slumped over.

“Sorry I didn’t know we could do that. I was just told that I had to turn it into the mailbox.” I started playing with my ponytailed hair.

“Well I will see you tomorrow, partner.” He started walking again towards the city and I started walking to the dorms.

Soon after we had went our separate ways I had made it back to the dorms. I took out my card key to get into the building and swiped it.

“Error: Code 4967 Not Authorized!”

“What the hell?” I swiped it again, but it said the same thing so I knocked at the glass door and the door man came running.

“Hello Ariel. What are you doing here?” He tilted his wolfie head.

“I live here Joe…why else would I be here?” I wanted to scream but I kept calm.

“I’m sorry but you can’t live here…you graduated from the academy. These dorms are reserved for students only. I thought they told you that?” His ears folded down.

“Wow. No they didn’t. Where are my things then?” My eyes started getting wet.

“The main branch should have given you a key to a storage facility…I’m pretty sure of it. I’m sorry Ariel but you are going to have to go it’s passed curfew, maybe you should try a hotel?”

"Right, and I'll just take money out of my account, which I have soooo much money in." I said sarcastically

"Sorry but I'm going to have to lock up, it's the student's curfew...well you should know that." Joe said closing the door behind him.

I wanted to scream but didn't only to drop down on the sidewalk pushing my knees up to my chest. I didn't know what to anymore, this day couldn't get any worse. So I get up from my spot on the sidewalk, looked both directions and decided to go down into the business part of the city.

While going down the sidewalk many different people of different species were busy on thier phones or talking to the person beside them. But they quickly noticed me, avoided getting near too. Their stares were full of hatred and anger, they looked like they didn't even want me in their airspace. I guess I was too dirty for their world, but that didn't bother me. The only thing that bothered me now was the fact that I was getting tired of walking, or just tired in general.

I had about five dollars to my name, that was because a school friend the other day gave me ten dollars because i hadn't eaten lunch that day. Five of it was of course spent on a lunch and drink. But I don't think that I can get a cheap meal around here unless I just got condoments.

The cars going by were deafening to my ears causing me to get a slight headache, and not to mention I was thinking about how I was going to do the report. Yeah I was thinking about such a unsignificant thing, when I should be thinking about getting to a place I can't rest at before the "adult" curfew. That's when the police start doing their rounds, and they check everywhere. I had to get to a place and quick.

A few feet away from me I saw a taller guy that could only be one person. Tidius had a beer in his hand a he had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. He looked completely different from when we were together just a few hours ago, he hadn't changed his outfit though. He was a alone and that surprised me he looked like the type of guy that would have a girlfriend. But he was sort of a brute. I walked fast towards him but his strides were too fast for me so I decided to call out to him.

"Tidius!" I called but he didn't stop. "Tidius!"

He finally stopped to turn around, but I guess he didn't like what he saw because he started to frown. It seems to me that he is always doing that to me.

"What are you doing?" He asked me, taking a draw out of his cigarette.

"Oh, um...you are the only person I really know out here, so I was wondering maybe..."

"Stop mumbling and tell me what you need." He said, blowing out the smoke still frowning.

"Can I stay the night at your place?" I asked.

"Why? Don't you have a dorm you can stay at?"

"The doorman told me that they kicked me out because I graduated and my things were in a storage building. And before you ask if I have money for a hotel....no I don't." I sighed.

"Parents? You went to the academy, you have to have rich parents or something, right?" He put out his cigarette.

"Orphaned as a baby. The academy adopted me into the system." My eyes were starting to get blurry from not sleeping, nor eating.

"Well I'm sure you have some friends that you can stay with, right?" He was getting frustrated.
"Not really...everybody sort of, disliked me in school. Well I had a couple friends...or not even that, well I mean..."

"Come on then..." He sighed.

We walked about ten minutes down the sidewalk when I saw him pull out a key card and swiped it across a scanner. The glass door popped open and he went in, as well as motioning me to come in as well. It the building itself was beautiful in it's own way, glass walls and marble floors. The doorman was an elderly man with no signs of being an animal. It was odd seeing a plain human now but I would see them occasionally.

"Goodnight Tidius, and young miss." The doorman smiled, tipping his hat my way. I smiled back but Tidius didn't say a word. He swiped his card again at the glass elevators...it was so fancy. More so than even the dorms at the academy.

"Are you coming?" Tidius said already inside.

"Oh sorry." I smiled up at him, sliding into the elevator.

The rest of the way up to the tenth floor we didn't utter a word. The elevator door opened up and we stepped out to a bunch of doors. It was just like a hotel, or my dorm...but more so a hotel. He went to the right and I followed his lead. We stopped at a white door that had the numbers 1023 on it. He unlocked the door with his card and stepped in.

When I went into his apartment the view was amazing, although the apartment was a bit of a mess. I didn't care at the moment, I just wanted to look through the massive window.

"Oh wow! This view is amazing..." I smiled clinging onto the window. I heard a bellowish laugh from behind me causing me to turn around fast. "What's so funny?"

"You are like a child...have you ever went outside of the academy?" He asked opening up the fridge and grabbing another beer.

"Other than today? Not really..." I felt embarassed now. "I was the top of my class in everything, I didn't have time to socialize."

"Right...do you want anything?" He asked popping the top of his beer with his canines.
"Do you have anything to eat? I haven't had anything today..."

"Help yourself, but I have to warn you there isn't much." He chugged the beer before sitting down onto his couch and flipping on the TV.

"Thanks, have you wrote the report yet?" I asked opening up the almost empty fridge. I grabbed a packet filled with some kind of meat that sort of looked like ham.

"Nah, I'll do it later. You? Nevermind...I don't know how you could." He chuckled to himself. "Did they really kick you out of the dorm?"

"Yeah...and the didn't tell me either so I was being an idiot standing outside swiping my card about a hundred times. That's when Joe; our doorman, came to the door saying that I didn't live there anymore and my things were moved out into a storage building. I have never heard that in my life...I always thought they gave you a time limit or something....dammit this sucks, and now I'm rambling." I found the loaf of bread on the counter, so I made myself a couple sandwiches and grabbed myself a beer.

"I've never heard that before either...I had a time limit of a month before the would kick me out. There is something they didn't like about you...did you piss someone off or something?"
"Not that I know of, I know when I graduated all the teachers just looked at me wierd...and then there was Mr. Johnson...that bastard. He had the nerve to come up to me and "Congratulate" me. He never liked me much." I said giving Tidius a sandwich and sitting beside him on the couch...I'm not shy.

He took a bite of the sandwich and propped his now bare feet up on a table that sit in front of the couch. I popped the top of the beer and took a giant swig. Then pushing my legs into my chest.
"Johnson...Johnson, is he is weapons teacher?" He frowned.

"Yeah...I think the reason he didn't like me was because I always beat his son, Jason in test scores...and in everything else. He was such a dumbass, you know the guys that though they were better in every way, well that was him." I bit into the sandwich.

"Yeah I knew his older brother...Noah, He was a bit like that too." He ate the rest of his sandwich and finished his beer.

"Well the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I could strangle their father if it wasn't illegal. But oh well I'll just have to deal with it." I sighed finishing off my beer and sandwich as well.

I pulled off my boots and pulled out my ponytail causing my hair to fall around me. Like I said I wasn't a very shy girl, and never was. He streched his arms above his head and then let them drop through his hair. His fingers were long and strong looking swiping through his hair like that.

"You aren't a bit worried about staying here with a guy you barely even know? I mean we just met today."

"Nah I'm a good judge of character." I smiled and he laughed showing his teeth. Like mine only his canines were sharp. "Accalia said that you don't talk much, I can see that's not true. Except I do believe the other thing she said about you."

"And what would that be?...Also I wouldn't really trust anyone at the agency if I were you, they are a bunch of liars."

"Oh nothing much just that you are a brute, And I know that now." I sighed thinking about how I'm going to get my things.

"How am I a brute?" He frowned.

"Well you do that a lot." I laughed. "Every time you come around me you always frown down at me, well most people do that but you in perticular."

"That's because you are a weird looking lion, you are a weird woman too...I just can't figure you out."

"Oh now you are calling me weird, first I'm odd now I'm weird. I must be one ugly looking person then." I laughed nervously.

"No that's not what I meant, I meant that I have never seen a lion like you before. Are you sure you aren't a mountain lion or a domestic cat?" He stared at me closer and I leaned back.

"I'm most definitely a lion, although they did say that I had weird DNA maybe I am something else, but mostly lion." I leaned in closer to him. "Maybe I'm some kind of abomination like Fenris, who knows. That's probably the reason my mother put me up for adoption."

"You aren't disfigured though, now are you?" He poked my nosed and smiled. His smile was nice it would make anyone happy to see it. But during the mission he didn't smile once.

"I might be, you never know what is under these clothes. Now do you?" I smiled back. "But I'm not..."

"I didn't think so...Oh and for your accusation about me not talking too much. That's because I don't like many people, most of the partners I had in the past...well let's just say most of them were girls, that wanted other things and I didn't. Including Accalia...that's why she keeps putting the young recruits onto me. Most of them are ugly ones though; I wonder why she gave me you as a partner?"

"Something weird is going on around here...I'm telling ya. Hey do you have a computer?" I asked.

"Yeah hold on." He reached over to the table right beside him and grabbed a laptop computer, and handing it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled and then went onto my email.

Going through the junk I deleted most of them and went back onto my inbox which was full off emails from people I didn't know. I clicked on one of them which said:

"Go to hell you fucking whore! You are just an abomination; I hope you rot in hell!"

The others were the same calling me an abomination and a whore. Then there was one from the school.

"Miss Ariel, We are glad you to announce that you have graduated from The Droves Academy. But something caught our attention and I'm afraid that the news got out quickly. We are sorry that we had to let you graduate earlier than expected. But the news was that your DNA got transcribed again. We didn't get it wrong the first time you are a Lion/Human mix but something glitched in the system not showing the odd part that we couldn't figure out. Now we have discovered that you aren't just a Lion/Human mix...you are Lion/Human/Wolf...and a domestic cat. We can't have you in the dorms anymore so we packed your things for you and put them in a storage building. Your key will be sent to you as soon as possible and will receive it at the main branch of the agency. We are sorry about any harassment you receive. Also there were also rumors going around saying that you have had intercourse with another student and that is prohibited, we know these rumors could or could not be true so we decided it best that you leave the dorm.
-Dean Anthony Hickson"

I hadn't noticed that I was crying until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I quickly wiped the tears away and looked up to Tidius who was frowning again. I let out a weak laugh...

"I-I don't know what to do...People sent me emails saying bad things. The dean sent me one explaining why I was kicked out of the dorm. I'm an abomination, Tidius. I am four things...how is that even possible? And not to mention that word got out about it....that and someone made up a rumor saying I had sex with another student in the dorms! It doesn't make any sense...does it?" I choked up.

"Oh wow, that's pretty messed up, someone is definitely out to get you." He said still frowning.

"Maybe you should stay here for a bit then after it all dies down you can find your own place."

"You’re not as bad as I thought you would be, you big ole brute." I said still wiping my tears. "I still need to get some things out of that storage building that Accalia probably has the key too."

"She was always such a bitch. We will get it tomorrow, but we need to write that report so we can get some sleep. Oh and when you go in tomorrow don't show that it is bothering you, they will just keep at it until you break." He took a hold of the laptop and onto the agency's website.

"Okay, I'll be fine. Can I take a shower? I need to calm down a bit." I sighed, sinking down into the couch.

"Yeah it's the first door down the hall; I'll be typing the report up. The towels are under the sink." He said as he started typing.

I followed his instructions and went into the first door. The bathroom was nice but you could tell that a guy lived here, with clothes slung everywhere. I laughed to myself because he seems like such a rough and tough guy that something like a shower is completely out of his personality. But I guess he has to take one every now and then.

Taking off my clothes I think about who would have started those nasty rumors about me. It made no sense to me why anybody would do something like that. I sit my knives down onto the sink and then look underneath to get a towel. I locked the door because living in the dorm made you cautious about being in a co-ed bath.

In the shower I think about many things, mostly about the DNA test that I took. I didn't know why it bothered me so much that I was more than a lion. Maybe it makes me better, and it explains why my sense of smell is so great and my hearing is greater than most. Speaking of being able to smell well, Tidius smelled so good. It wasn't much but I could just smell the deodorant that he put on today. It smelled of teakwood, and the ocean. He is so much different than what I expected him to be. I thought that he would be mean and scary but that isn't the case with him. But I can also see him having an anger problem.

I put my bra, tank top, and boy shorts back on without putting my tight pants and knives back on. I didn't think they were necessary, plus I didn't care that someone could see me in my underwear. It wasn't like we would do anything, and plus I used to walk around like this all the time in the academy.
Walking back into the living room Tidius was just looking around on his laptop, I guess he was already done with the report. He must have heard me stepping out of the bathroom because he looked up at me with sleepy eyes. And like on cue he yawned and rubbed his eyes open.
"I'm done with the report...why aren't you wearing any pants? If you don't mind me asking?" He smiled.

"They aren't very comfortable...and I don't have anything else to wear to bed. So get over it." I said as my tail whipped back and forth.

"It doesn't bother me, I was just asking." He laughed. "I'll get you a pillow and blanket, or would you rather sleep in my bed."

"You would like that wouldn't you? But no I'm fine in here, partner." I winked at him.

"You are so weird." He sighed. "Anyway I'm going..."

He went into what I believed was his bedroom and came out with a pillow and blanket like he said he would get.

"Here..by the way you aren't like any of my partners. They were all stuck up bitches that couldn't keep their hands off me because of...certain reasons..." He coughed. "But anyway make yourself at home, that couch is actually pretty comfy so enjoy."

He yawned again and then started taking off his shirt. I acted like I was fixing my bed up when I was actually looking at him. I knew from the start that he was pretty fit but I wasn't expecting him to be completely ripped. And then I saw the tattoo from early, it was a raven. It was quite beautiful, I liked it but above the tattoo was a huge scar going from his shoulder to the mid part of his back. I was curious but I didn't say anything about it.

"Yup I'm pretty ripped myself too, if you didn't notice." I laughed pulling up my shirt to reveal my toned stomach and I reflexed my evenly toned arms as well.

"I'm impressed." He laughed as he sit back down onto the couch.

"Hey that's my bed you are messing up." I crossed my arms.

"It was my couch before it became your bed, so sit down." He joked.

Just being a brat I decided to lay down with my feet propped onto his legs.

"Then goodnight." I smiled before pulling the blanket over top of me.

"You are so strange; I have never met anyone like you before." He sighed leaning his head back on the couch. "I am so tired...how about you?"

"Yeah I am, today had been...awful for the most part." I started to close my eyes just listening to Tidius talk.

"Ah well at least you get me as a partner." He laughed tiredly and yawned again.

"And that's something good." I said silently drifting off to sleep to Tidius' laugh.

The next morning I woke up to the noise of running water blazing out of the shower. Tidius must be taking a shower, well of course it is his home and we are the only two in this house. Then I heard a radio come on in the bathroom of one of my favorite bands, The Smiths. It was the song The Queen Is Dead, then I heard Tidius start singing. He wasn't bad but nothing beats the voice of Morrissey. His shower lasted till the song was almost over, then he came out of the bath with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist, singing the last few words of the song.

"I enjoyed the concert." I said smiling at him, and then standing up slipping into my pants.

"Well good because this was a onetime deal." He said winking.

"No wonder girls try to like rape you when they are your partners." I started braiding my bangs into my hair and putting my knives around my waist.

"Nah, girl only want me for another reason." He said walking back into his bedroom, coming out a couple minutes later with some fit jeans on.

"You said that last night too, and I have no clue what you are talking about." I said putting the rest of my hair into a ponytail.

"You'll find out soon enough. But for now...you will just have to wait." He half smiled and put on a plain black tee shirt.

"You are being mysterious...I'll just have to guess." I stick my tongue out at him, he half smiled again and then started putting his many knives on.

"Are you ready?" He said also putting on a leather jacket.

"Yeah sly, I am" I winked; he just rolled his eyes and swiped his hair back that was still wet.
As we were walking down the sidewalk of the city many people weren't just staring at me, they we gazing up at Tidius. They were mostly women and school girls who couldn't keep their eyes to their selves. Then they saw me walking behind him, and that's when the whispers started.

"Look there she is, the whore."

"I heard she screwed a teacher."

"She is an abomination, why would he get near her."

"I heard she is his partner at the Agency, I feel so sorry for him."

"I bet she is just sleeping with him for his money."

"What a slut."

"Look at how she dresses, just like a guy. Who would want to even touch her with a ten foot pole?"
I took a deep breath and told myself that everything wil be alright. I saw Tidius look back at me a couple times, probably to make sure I wasn't falling behind. I just held my head up high, making sure that these people couldn't put me below them.

We made it to the office and Tidius handed in the report, sliding it into a automated mailbox. Then it gave him a slip of paper, he grabbed it and started reading it.

"Dammit!" He said out loud.

"What's wrong?" I ask, with a frown.

"Nothing, your keys are with Accalia just go in there and ask for it. I will be right back." He said and walked away without even looking at me.

I brush it off and go into the office where everyone is busy typing on their computer. Some are just standing around talking until everywhere saw me. I felt slightly uncomfortable, but I needed that key. So I went straight into the back corner where Accalia was sitting and typing away.

"I need my storage key." I say.

"Oh sorry I didn't even notice you came in. Where is your partner?" She smiled that wicked smile again.

"None of your business now give me my key." I asked more harshly, she just smiled.

"I don't have to give you anything...abomination....whore." He said with an attitude.

"Accalia I have no time for a stupid bitch. Now will you please give me my key?" I tried saying calmly.
"That's okay, I think I will just keep it for a couple more days." She smiled again, and that struck a nerve. I jumped onto her desk which caused her to jump back to the wall behind her. I pulled out my knives, twirled them around and stuck them in the wall with her head inbetween them.

"Now give me my key or I will be forced to do something I will regret." She scrambledto her desk door and handed me a gold card key that said Droves Academy Storage Facility on it. "Thanks."

I pulled my knives out and headed out of the building smiling. I heard whimpering coming from Accalia before I left and it made me smile even bigger. But I still didn't know where I could get my things out. So I decided to wait outside on the bench for Tidius to return.

As I watch people go by I see many people people that I had seen at the school on many occasions. Some were instructors or even people who just came and talked to us for certain lessons. Many looked my way and turned away quickly before I had a chance to say anything to them. Even the ones who I actually liked and talked to before ignored me. I knew this was going to happen as soon as I got that email from the dean. But I will do as Tidius said and not let it get to me...it didn't bother me until I saw that scumbag of a teacher Mr.Johnson with a huge shit eating grin on his face.

"Ariel! How are you doing?" He grinned.

"I was doing wonderful before you came." I smiled back.

"Awh don't say that. I was really worried about you after you left us."

"Really now? Then how about you find me an apartment and give me some money?"

"Oh you know I can't do that, so who is your partner? I hope they gave you a good one." His grin came back.

"That would be me, Sir." I didn't know how I didn't see Tidius come up from behind Mr. Johnson, but I am so glad he did.

Mr. Johnson turned around with a shock. I wanted to his face when he saw how big my partner is. But instead of turning around to sass me again he dropped to his knees, in front of Tidius.

"I'm sorry I had no idea you were her partner...she isn't worthy. She is just an abomination, and a whore...why would you be partners with her?" He coward. Tidius bent down to face him head on.

"Does it look like I care what kind of experiments they did on her when she was a baby. It's not her fault. And as for the "Whore" part...you can't exactly prove that. Now before I turn you in for intrusion, or false assumptions...I would leave now and not bother us again." He growled.

Mr. Johnson scurried away before he could wet his pants, and then my attention went back to Tidius who was still in deep thought about something. He had a huge frown on his face that meant he was pretty angry. I just needed to change the subject.

"I got my key...with a little bit of force." I tried to laugh, but it wasn't reall genuine. But it must have gotten Tidius out of his thought.

"Where did they put your things?" He asked and his ears perked up. It was cute...I've never seen that before.

"Ah..um...The Droves Storage Facility. I haven't a clue where that is." I frowned at the card.

"I do, come on...we don't have anything to do today so might as well get some things you need for now." He smirked. "Plus you are probably hungry."

"I think you can read minds. I'm still going to guess about why people fawn all over you...just you wait. I'm a good guesser by the way." I winked at him while walking past him.

"You will never guess." He laughed. "And you are going the wrong way, I got a car while I was...away."

"Thank God, I don't think I could carry my things. There really shouldn't be much in there. A laptop...clothes, and some personal things. All the furniture was the academys'. Oh And my other knives. That's about it."

We walked behind the agency office and the only vehicle in the lot was a black 1970s mustang. I was impressed...and yes I got excited.

"Holy shit...this is sexy! Is this your car? Why don't you drive it...like all day every day?" I smiled.

"Because of assholes. They would damage it some way or another." He sighed, but then smiled back. "Get in."

We got in, he started the car, and she purred like a kitten. I wanted to purr too...if I could. I just groaned with excitment and grinned real big.

"So glad I met you." I sunk into the leather seat.

"You say that now, after I saved your ass twice...make that three times already?" He said pulling out of the parking lot.

We drove down the streets of Westerwolf not really talking because I was too busy looking around the city. I had never experienced much of it until now. It was a beautiful city from afar until you meet most the stuck up people who lived here. Especially the so called king of the city, well I can't really say anything about him because I never met him nor have a seen him. But I hear people say he is a douche.

"Hey have you ever seen the king?" I looked to him, and his eyebrow shot up still keeping his eyes on the road.

"A few times, why?" He asked.

"Just wondering, I heard he was a pretty big douche bag. But I don't believe them...I'm sure he is nice. I mean why would he clean this city up if he was just doing it for himself. Wouldn't he have just...I don't know. Just take care of himself?" He just started laughing. "What? Did I say something funny?"

"No, it's just that your right. The king isn't that bad of a person, although he treats his son like he owns him. But that's about it...I'm pretty sure he would like you." He said as he turned into another parking lot.

"I don't know why he would like someone who is in such a perdicament as I am, but okay....wait what species is he? I bet he is a lion...I can almost taste the cattiness of everything he owns."

"Their are other cats though, why a lion?" he questioned as we parked the car, and he looked straight into my eyes.

"I'm not sure. Maybe because lions are supposed to be king. Like in the stories they would tell us is grade school about a king so great that they put a momument of him near the capitol. He was a lion. So maybe his great great great....so on grandson is the heir." I cocked my eyebrow.

"Maybe. But enough of this, lets get your things." He said jumping out of the car and I did the same.

We got to the storage building that had the number 783 on it and I scanned the card. The door popped opened into a dark room that eventually the light came to. There were papers scattered everywhere along with most of my things, and my laptop was opened onto a screen that had "Whore" and "Abomination" typed on it over and over again. I looked around the room and saw paint with the same words written on the walls.

I tried to distract myself by gathering up some clothes and my knives. I was just glad they didn't touch those things as well as the necklace a nun gave to me during my stay at the droves oraphange. It was in my jewelry box that only had that necklace and a couple rings I made from metal I found.
"I wonder how they got in here?" Tidius wondered.

"Probably the same way they found out about my DNA results...but I am okay. Umm can you get that bag over there and my laptop. I got everything else I need in this suitcase. We can leave the rest of the things here...I don't need them." I said sadly. "What do I do with this card key?"

"I'm not sure, I would just keep it. In case you forgot something..." He looked around following me out of the small space. It was almost too small for Tidius to fit through the door. We got into the car after putting everything in the trunk and we just sat there.

"It feels like I'm in a completly different world than my own. I mean one minute I'm in school just studying my ass off and the next I'm homeless and ridiculed. I don't understand it." I sighed, leaning my head back onto the seat.

"It will eventually die out. But I would be on watch for people following you though. Until then, lets get some grub." He smiled, revving up the engine.

"Would you believe that I have never ate anything outside the academy?" I closed my eyes.

"Seriously? Damn, well I'll take you somewhere great." I could tell in his voice he was smiling.

"If I were to guess why people fawn over you, would you get me a ice cream?" I peeked open my eyes to see his brillant smile again.

"I would probably give it to you anyway, but go ahead and take a guess."

"Hmmm could it be that you are some kind of awesome person that everyone respects because you have save them all from a giant monster?" I laughed.

"Close...it was Godzilla." He joked. "I guess I have to get you an ice cream now. Damn."

"I will guess it some how. Just you see." I watch him as he shifts gears. He had strong, muscular arms that most girls would love. I wonder how many girls he has dated...I might as well ask him.

"How many girls have you dated?"

"You are so random, but only a couple in the academy. But they were like all the others, you are being pretty nosey. Are you trying to get clues or something?" He said pulling into a little diner that no one was at.

"No just wondering because I mean you are a decent looking guy." I laughed. "But just in case you were wondering, I haven't dated anyone in my life. Unless you count preschool, if so then I'm married to a guy named Lukas."

"Oh a married woman." He raised his hand up. "I better leave you alone then. How is your husband these days?"

"Well he is a royal guard." I stuck out my tongue. "Seriously though he is. He is the one that told me that the king is a douche, I think it's because the King's son showed him up in fighting. Well he told me the Prince cheated...but I highly doubt that when I could show him up. I'm sure the Prince is pretty awesome at protecting himself by now, don't you think?"

Tidius got out of the car and I followed. But he still didn't answer my question, until we were inside and sitting in a booth.

"Yes I do think the Prince could handle himself in a fight." He said, pulling off his jacket.

A older lady with an apron on had a couple menus, and a pad of paper in her hand came up to our table handing us the menus.

"Tidius! I haven't seen you here in the longest time. How are you, honey?" She said. She was friendly with a sweet voice. I didn't know what species she was though. "And who is this? You never bring anyone here."

"Zora, this is Ariel. She is my new partner...she has had a rough couple of days and we both need some good food in our stomachs." He said with an easy smile.

"Oh you poor things...well what would you like to drink Miss Ariel?" she asked.

"Ummm milk?" I said.

"One milk and some lemon iced tea coming right up, I'll be right back to take your order...even though I can already guess what he is wanting." She smiled down at me, then left for the kitchen.
"Milk? Really? You want milk?" He chuckled.

"It was the only thing that popped in my head. Hey maybe I should have asked her to put it in a saucer." I smiled. "What are you getting to eat?"

"What I always get. Waffles with cheesey hashbrowns and a sideorder of bacon." He started to rub his tummy.

"Okay then...I will get...this...Waffle,eggs and sausage links. That sounds yummy...even though I don't know what a waffle is." I looked up from my menu to see that the waitress named Zora and Tidius staring at me strange.

"Oh sweetie...I'm going to whip your food right up." She said mumbling to herself all the way to the kitchen.

"Did I say something wrong?" I frowned.

"No but you have never ate a waffle before? What are they feeding you at the academy?" He started drinking his tea.

"Most the time I would have to get the less expensive meal because that's all they would pay for me to eat. So I got an apple, a milk, and some kind of sandwich." I took a drink of my milk. "Sometimes they would give me a ice cream cup though. I grew very fond of those days."

"No one would offer to give you any food?" He frowned.

"Nope, I would usually go to my room during lunch so no one would bother me that much. Lukas would come back on his break and sit with me sometimes but he didn't how much time. He was so annoying though because all he would talk about would be either the prince or the king. It would switch back and forth on certain days...he told me that the prince had this horse that was prettier than any car I had seen."

"You need to get out more, make new friends or something." He said before Zora came back with our meals.

I look down at my plate filled with a flat disk looking thing with square holes in it. I didn't really know what to do so I looked up at Tidius and copied what he did. Putting butter on it first and then putting some kind of brown liquid all over it. He sliced a piece of the waffle in a triangle form and then put it into his mouth. I did the same. It tasted so good and sweet I wanted more.

"How do you like it?" Zora asked, looking at me.

"It's great! I don't know how I have never had this before." I took another bite, and I could see Zora and Tidius smiling. Then Zora went back into the kitchen area.

We both finished all of our meal including the drinks. I was so full I couldn't even move, this was the first time that has ever happened.

"Now do you want ice cream?" He asked knowing that I couldn't dare eat anything else.

"I am so full, I feel like throwing up. But it was amazing, plus Zora is really nice." I said as we paid and left the diner.

"Yeah I've been coming here for a while now. And Zora has always been like that." He said climbing into the car. A buzzing sound chimed in as I got in as well. "Hold on I have a call."
♠ ♠ ♠
And sorry afterwards for any grammar/spelling mistakes U.U

Hope you like it!

-Kendra <3