Lion of God

Entering The City

Entering the City

We reached the outskirts of the city when I felt a light touch on my shoulder. I looked over a see that Tidius was glancing down at me with a worried look. I knew what this meant to him but his family needed to be taken down for what they did to him. He deserves to be King more than his brother or even the present king. I smile up to him for assurance.

“We are going to have to make sure we are hidden from the palace guards as well as the police or …even Stalkers.” He sighed and then looked over his shoulder to check on the rest of the group.

We were a mismatched group of soldiers, nurses, ladies, and a princess. We were going to have to hide our faces along with spreading out. We would meet at a place called The Bunker. Tidius told me that is a safe place…he had a couple of friends in the underground gang, as he called them. Meaning they were thugs…or something of the sort. He also told me that I would have to be with him the whole time because even though he was “friends” with this group of people he still didn’t trust them. I kept telling him that I could handle myself but he insisted that I needed to stay with him. I didn’t mind. I actually liked being with him, all that time we were apart I so desperately wanted to be with him.

We are now within the city although it felt different, more depressing and sad. The people around us didn’t look like they slept in a few months. I wandered what was going on…did the war affect the city or maybe the King ordered a new law? I thought this to myself as we walked down the half empty pavement with our hoods up and over our face. We wouldn’t want to be caught the first day we were in the city.

Princess Anne was actually growing on me as we traveled, but I think that Lukas grew fonder of her than the rest of us. He was the guard in charge of her as I ordered but he seemed to enjoy his job greatly, as did she enjoy his company. I smiled at that thought but they were in a different group as us which made me quickly unsettled until we finally reached our destination. An old worn down steel factory that looked as if it was falling apart at the seams was in our sights when Tidius stopped me from walking any further.

“This is it.” He never took his eyes off the building in front of us, his sleep depraved eyes looked sad but had a glimmer of hope staring at the old place.

Two other soldiers and I followed Tidius to the back of the building where a tall, muscular guy with sunglasses was standing. He was definitely a panther…his black tail swished back and forth as we approached. But when Tidius spoke to him he gave a bright smile to him and engulfing him into a bear hug. I didn’t even think that was possible with Tidius.

“Geez Angel get the hell off me.” Tidius was laughing at the particular guy.

“Sorry man, I just….I don’t know you haven’t been here for a while now.” He notices me and the other two guys. His defenses came back up now. “Who is this?”

I notice how relaxed Tidius was around the guy so I didn’t feel the need to stab the guy but he was a little too anxious for me. So I stuck out my hand for him to shake it.

“I’m Ariel, and these two are my soldiers.” I rubbed my baby bump. “Do you mind if I could in, I’ve been walking for a long time, I don’t think I can handle much more.”

He watched my hand rub the bump, and his green eyes danced with excitement. He grabbed my other hand to shake it then opened the door for us to come in.

“I’m Angel.” He smiled. “Come in…Tidius you better talk to the Boss. Something is going on and you need to know, as I can tell that you don’t know what’s going on.”

Angel helped me and my two soldiers into a room with a bunch of jumbled couches and chairs. None of them matched but I was just happy that I could rest on a real piece of furniture for once. Tidius and Angel were talking for a bit before Tidius turned to me, smiled and then followed another guy into a different room. I watched as his tail disappeared behind a black door. Angel came and sits next to me.

“Tidius told me to ask you anything I needed to know about the situation, so I’m guessing you are an important person.” He was serious with his eyes searching my face for an answer.

“What did you need to know?” I sighed because all I wanted to do was sleep but I know we must tell these people our situation before more people start to show up in about an hour.

“What happened?” He frowned.

I went on to tell him about how Tidius was kidnapped during the war in hopes that he would either marry Princess Anne or he would die. Then I told him about our plan of capturing the castle, making Tidius the righteous king. He shook his head in agreement, but then the conversation became more lighthearted.

“So what are you? A nurse or something?” He smiled down at me and I started laughing.

“You’re funny Angel…I guess it is a little weird for me being here, but no. I am a commander in the King’s army…well was.” I felt the tension, so I explained myself. “I am behind Tidius all the way…if you can’t tell already I’m pregnant.”

“What does that have to do with being loyal to Tidius?” He frowned and pressing his lips into a hard line. My eyebrow shot up, and I smirked.

“I’m pregnant by him…and I love him.” I smiled softly while rubbing my tummy.

“Oh…wow.” He placed a hand onto his head and leaned back. “So we have the first prince, his girlfriend….and his child? This is too much.”

“Well in an hour or so you will have a princess…and a bunch of other soldiers on your hands, along with her ladies and a couple nurses. It’s a big mess I know.” I sighed, and then rubbed my temples. “I am so stressed out right now.”

A large banging on the door came ringing in our ears…I cringe at the metal clanging. Angel scrunched up his nose and then stood up to see who was making all of the racket. A blonde man that stood a little taller than I was came in smiling ear to ear. He was talking Angel’s ear off and I could tell he was getting annoyed at the smaller guy.

“Eric…shut the hell up! We have guests.” He pointed towards me, my soldiers were already sleeping on a couple of chairs in the corner.

The shorter man’s face lit up as he faced me. I knew that he wasn’t a pure breed by his eyes one was green while the other was gold. It was odd but beautiful at the same time.

“Why hello.” He winked down at me. I rolled my eyes, and Angel laughed.

“Hello, I’m Ariel.” I held out my hand for him to shake and he did.

“I’m Eric, the best fighter here.” He winked again.

“Eric…this is Tidius’ girl.” Angel said smiling at me.

Eric quickly let go of my hand and his eyes widened down at me.

“Tidius is here? Where is he?!” He almost yelled.

“He is talking to the boss…he needs our help.” Angel answered.

I stood up almost out of breath. I was only five months pregnant and already out of breath doing things, this isn’t good. Angel had a worried look on his face that reminded me of Tidius I just smiled at him.

“Oh God do I have another guy worrying about me because I’m pregnant?” I winked at Angel. “Don’t worry about me, just remember I am a commander. I can kill a guy within five seconds without a weapon….don’t worry.”

As soon as I stood up Tidius and another large guy who as definitely older came into the room still talking. I see that the talk went well by the look on Tidius’ face. He was actually smiling. It caused me to smile well. Eric’s face lightened up again he went over to Tidius, tackling him to the ground.
“Dammit Eric!” Was all I heard before the two guys started rolling around in the floor, beating the shit out of each other. I started frowning, Tidius didn’t need to get hurt right now but I allowed it because I knew he could handle himself.

As they were playing around the older guy came over to me smiling. He was a tiger…

“Hello Ariel, I’m James. I own this place…you are as beautiful as Tidius described. He wanted me to show you to the hospital section just to give you a checkup….would you mind following me?” He said and I reluctantly followed.

Once outside of the room I looked around the old building. Many rooms were built around the place but in the center was what looked like a boxing ring. I understood now what Eric meant when he said he was the best fighter. This was an underground fighting arena.

“In here, Miss.” James smiled at me leading me into another room. A bunch of nurses and a couple of doctors were roaming around helping out a few guys lying down onto a bed. They all looked beat up; some looked like they had broken bones.

A doctor saw James and I, he walked up to James and he explained my situation. I didn’t really feel like talking at the moment. The doctor whose name I recalled was Dr. York…he looked young but I could tell he was professional. James left us alone and Dr. York led me into an inner room where a bunch of machines were set up. It made me nervous just looking at them. He noticed my nervousness.

“You have never done this before I see?” He said it more like a statement than a question but I answered anyway.

“Yeah first time for everything, right?” I laughed nervously.

“I’ll take good care of you Ariel.” He smiled and told me to lie down on the table.

He did a regular check up on me before telling me to put on one of those super revealing hospital gowns. He said that he will be right back and that he would knock before entering. As I put on the gown I wished that Tidius was here. Like on cue I heard a knock at the wooden door, I opened it to find the doctor. I was hoping it was Tidius, but I knew he had business to deal with along with intercepting the other people in our group.

During the whole procedure I actually fell asleep only to be woken by the doctor that had a big smile on his face. I started frowning in confusion…why is this doctor staring at me like that?

“I have some big news for you!” His smile grew bigger.

“…I already know I’m pregnant.” I said stupidly.

“…with twins!” The doctor exclaimed.

My eyes widened. He went on telling me some things that I didn’t quite catch. I was too busy freaking out in my head. I didn’t even know that I was already getting dressed and heading out of the hospital wing. My body was on the mode where it just does what it knows. I walked into the room with all the mismatched chairs and couches still white faced and wide eyed. I went past the men standing and talking along with Tidius who was now focusing on me. He had said something but I didn’t stop to see what it was until I completely sit down. He dropped down to his knees in front of me.

“Ariel…Ariel!? Is there something wrong?” And then reality came clear and I smiled up to him…tears started streaming down my face. “Sweetheart? Are you okay?”

“Twins…Tidius. We are having Twins.” I said calmly looking into Tidius’ beautiful golden eyes. They stirred with excitement.

“Holy shit….” he said standing up. Then almost falling over but Eric and Angel caught him and sitting him down beside me. He had on a goofy smile that only brought more tears to my eyes. James, Angel and Eric were waiting for one of us to announce the news. Tidius looked up to them with the same goofy smile. “We are having twins.”

Tidius and I had a few minutes to ourselves after they left us to do their duties. Tidius already told Angel about the people he should let in so we didn’t need to rush to see them.
“I just can’t believe this!” He smiled as he cupped my cheek with is hand.
I don’t think I have ever seen him this happy before in my life. So I was happy that he was happy. Everything that he went through he needed a silver lining and so did I. He kissed me many times throughout the time we had together. I couldn’t get enough of him at that moment. But all moments like these come to an end. A light knocking at the door sent Tidius to his feet to answer the door.
The rest of our little group was here, now all of my stress was put to an end especially finally seeing Lukas and the princess. They looked more than happy to be with each other. People were filing into the big room, all finding a spot to lay or sit down. Nurse Mary was one of the last to come in but when she saw me she bolted towards me smiling.

“Honey, how are you? You look tired.” She said still smiling.

“Yeah I’m pretty tired but I have some news.” I smiled back at her. “I’m having twins.”

“Are you serious!?” Her smile widened and then sit down beside me acting like she was getting ready to faint. “I need to lie down.”

“Yeah me too. I feel like I’m going to pass out any second but everyone is here, I won’t be able to sleep much without someone waking me up.”

I lean back into the couch. It was so comfortable that I actually eventually fell asleep listening to the murmurs of the people around me.

I woke up to someone shaking me lightly, and an alarm went off in my brain that hadn’t happened since I left the war. I grabbed the persons arm with one hand and pulled out my knife with the other. I slammed the person who interrupted my slumber into the ground with a knife to their throat. I was breathing hard and finally opened my eyes to see the culprit.

“Holy crap! I have never been thrown to the ground by a girl…ever.” Eric said as he held his arms up in defeat. “And you are pregnant.”

“ Dammit to hell Eric….don’t ever….ever wake me up like that again. I don’t know what I’ll do next time.” I jumped up off of him, and then helped him up as well. I look around the room to find that everyone else was still asleep, but I couldn’t find the only person I actually wanted to see right now; Tidius was nowhere to be found. “Where is Tidius?”

“Ah that’s why I came to get you. He is in a meeting with someone very important and he wanted you to meet him.” Eric smiled at me with a genuine smile.

I never really looked at him but he is quite the looker, although Tidius is a freaking God compare to everyone else. But Eric had his quirks with shaggy blonde curly hair and dimples. He is kind of childish though but I can see what another girl would see in him. I smiled back at him and he showed me the way into the room I saw yesterday as James’ office.

We walked in and everyone stared at us as we entered. A young couple, a little older than myself…maybe Tidius’ age was sitting down in front of Tidius. The man had tan skin with beautiful brown eyes and dark hair. His hands were intertwined with the even more beautiful woman who had the same tanned skin and dark hair but her eyes were a gold color. I wasn’t sure of their species but I did know that they weren’t from this country. They were clothed in brightly colored clothes that hung around their body like tunics the woman even had a shawl around her head.

Tidius motioned for me to sit beside him, I did as I was asked. Eric sits on the other side rubbing his back. I wanted to laugh but now wasn’t the time for that. I glanced up at Tidius, he had a serious face that meant it was time for business talk.

“Rama…Kiya, this is Ariel. She is my soon to be wife, and she is holding my children.” He smiled down at me. “Ariel this is King Rama and his wife Queen Kiya. They are very good friends of mine.”

I didn’t quite know what to do with that information but I smiled in their direction and they did the same. I guess that I was doing the right thing I have never met someone from outside the country before so this was a new experience for me so I just went with it.

“It seems to me that I’m meeting a lot of friends of yours, Tidius.” I laughed a little.

“Yeah well…they are here to help.” Tidius said.

“Yes, but we won’t be able to get the troops ready in a short period of time so I will need some time.” Rama said with a thick accent I don’t exactly know the origin.

“How long?” Tidius asked in his Princely tone, or maybe Kingly?

“Five months…at least.” Rama stated. I could see Tidius wasn’t happy about this.

“At least? So it could be longer?” I ask before Tidius could.

“Yes, but I’m assuming that I can do it in five.” He sighed. “I’m sorry Tidius, but that is all I can so for now.”

“I know Rama, thank you. I’m just a little stressed right now with everything going on. But I can rely on you…I trust that you will do this in that amount of time. Until then I need to rest and gather as many trusted people I can get.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't quite know where to stop this chapter because in the next one it's in different scenry so I hope you enjoyy this ((: