Status: i'm not that good at summerys but the story is really good.

Don't Tell Me That I'm Ordinary

Chapter 7

I shot up in bed quickly as I gasped for air, it was dark but I knew I was in my room so I wasn't feeling the fear I had felt before. I lay a hand on my chest and tried to calm my breathing as I looked around, I was at home and by the looks of it it was night.

A dream. That's all it was, a dream. I sighed as I tried to remember what had happened before, I was at school in art class when I'd began falling. What the hell happened? I must have fainted, yeah, I fainted that's it. I lay back in bed and looked at the clock to my right, just past 6am, usually I'd try and get back to sleep but this was different. I wasn't tired, instead I felt uncomfortable and slightly nervous as if someone was watching me.

I looked around the room know in that nothing was there but I still couldn't help feel like I was being watched. I lifted my arm up to stare at it, in the dream I had wires and tubes going into my arm from weird machines and it seemed real, so real but there was nothin there. It was just as pale and clear as always.

I shrugged and decided to just forget about it as I reached for my iPod and headphones. Time always seems to pass quickly when I'm listening to music so I set it shuffle and lay looking up at the ceiling and waited until the sun came up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sleep well?" my mom asked when I came downstairs, I had ended up falling asleep and woken up around 10am. I smiled at her and nodded my head, no need to worry her with a harmless dream right? She sighed and smiled as I poured myself a glass of water.

"Good, I knew you'd be okay" she said returning to her shopping list "do we have any carrots?" she asked and I was about to go and check when the doorbell rang.

"Expecting anyone?" she frowned I shook my head slowly before a small gasp escaped my mouth. Vic. it's saturday, and we're meant to be going out to eat or something.

I put my glass down and made my way out of the kitchen and towards the door.

"Hey Kellin" Vic stood before me in a pair of tight skinnies and an arm flattering top. I froze where I was at the sight of him, the sun outside made his tan skin glow and his smile did things to my insides.

"You ready to go?" he raised an eyebrow after a hadn't replied to him the first time round, I was about to answer him when I was interrupted by my mom behind me.

"Hello Vic, you came to see Kellin?" she was putting on her coat,getting ready to leave for her shopping.

"I'm taking him out Mrs.Quinn" Vic smiled at her and once again I was mesmerised by it.

"That would be great but I really don't want him going out today, after yesterday I want to make sure he's okay" mom replied and I sighed in relief internally. I didn't feel like being with Vic, I'd probably make a fool if myself and then he'd realise how much of a loser I am.

"That's okay, I can stay here with him you'd like?" Vic asked and my mom said yes before rushing off outside to the awaiting taxi that had just arrived.

"Be good Kellin!" she yelled getting in car and driving away. I turned to face Vic who was staring at me expectantly, I moved to the side quickly to let him through almost tripping over my own feet in the process.

Vic smiled at me and walked past into the house. "how are you feeling?" he asked as I followed him into the living room.

"Good" I replied nodding my head. Vic stood in the middle of the room looking around at all the pictures we had on the fireplace and the the decor.

"So what do you want to do?" he asked turning to me, I shrugged my shoulders, I'm not exactly mr popular so I don't get invited out or anything leaving me with nothing to do every weekend.

"Well, I have an idea, come here"he gestured with a wave of his hand as he sat down cross legged on the floor, I awkwardly stood in front him unto he patted the empty spot in front of him which I sat down on.

"We can play a game" he smiled "it's called 20 questions, you know how to play it right?" he asked and I nodded my head. 20 questions is a game that you play, usually to find out information about the other person, by asking 20 hard questions that the other person had to answer, I used to play that game all the time with Oliver before we'd started dating. Why Vic wanted to play it was beyond me.

"Okay, I'll go first… urmm… what's your favourite colour?" he asked

"G-green" I answered I hating how I stuttered, "now your turn" Vic said

"Um…"

"You can't ask the same questions as me" Vic shook his head

"Okay, er… what… Urm why are you h-here?" I asked him barely above a whisper, I didn't look at him nor did I want to. I know it's rude but I really just didn't he why he wanted to hang out with me.

"Because I like you"

I snapped my head up at that and stared at him in shock, he likes me? My cheeks began to heat up and I had to look away again. No, he's lying.

"Why are you so shy?" Vic asked leaning back on his hands. I frowned slightly, why am I so shy? I didn't know the answer myself.

"I don't know" I replied "I just… am" I looked down at the floor, why am I shy? I'm not just shy, I'm worse than shy but I wasn't going to tell him that, he might think I'm a freak and then never talk to me again.

"Do you ever wish you weren't shy?" he asked, his voice soft. I nodded my head slowly

"All the time" I could feel myself wanting to cry, I absolutely hated it, how I couldn't do certain things because of my bloody fucking anxiety. It wasn't just shyness, it was far worse.

"What are you thinking?"

"Nothing, I was just wondering what-" I stopped talking then and frowned up at Vic. What was he doing? he was trying to make me talk to him and open up that's what and I didn't like it. He was making it easy for me to talk to him and to be honest I kind of likes it.

"It's my turn" I said instead changing the subject. "How come you moved out here?"

Vic's face changed into one of confusion and then deep thought.

"I don't know" he said after a bit "I mean, we moved because… I have… idea…" Vic's voice was starting to fade away in pieces and I had to strain myself to hear him properly.

"What?" I asked him to say it all again as my hearing was getting worse. What's wrong with me? I looked around as everything began to blur and then suddenly I was having that falling feeling again.