Status: Updates Every Two Weeks

Anonymia Eoptenia

Late Days of Childhood

Vangelis's childhood soon evaporated into adulthood. Fifteen years, he could hardly believe it himself. Neither could his father. Since that night of he and Hades discovery, he had banned him from the sea, and kept him as far away from the docks as possible. As if that could stop me.

The cerulean current persisted on calling him and, when not with Hades or Ikaros, he spent most of his time by the rocks, staring out into the waters below. Something was summoning him from beyond the waves, something familiar to him from so long ago, a distant and dimming memory.

Abaddon.

He shook his head hard and got up from the bedrock stool he had sat upon. The only other person who called him that was Hades when the god thought he was asleep in his arms. Destruction, chaos, who would name a child after such a thing? Hades... he has the answers I seek. He walked on to their hiding place for their next meeting with his head pounding with questions.

Persephone was now gone, vanished like a puff of smoke. He had gone to her mother Demeter's house to plead for her back and was turned away. Hades had expected to be devastated and yet, all he could think was, Freedom. A century, a millennium, was nothing to a mere god but, he found himself impatient to have Vangelis's ripe body beneath his. His obsession had grown far too strong. He was like Icarus who had flown too close to the sun but was too enraptured by its beauty to stop flying.

Vangelis was now fifteen and was almost too gorgeous to be real. He was the only human he had allowed to touch him and touch him Vangelis did, soft innocent touches that brought his blood to a boil. His only competition was Hermes and he no longer met up with the blonde and Hades planned his visits to where their paths did not meet. Ikaros wasn't a threat either for he liked a young woman within his village.

They sat, Vangelis on Hades's lap, while Hades ran his hands through Vangelis's hair. Vangelis made a soft mewling sound of pleasure.

"Vangelis, I must ask something of you," Hades said quietly, stilling his hands.

Vangelis's blue eyes stared into Hades's, his lips parted and looked perfectly tempting.

"Yes?" he replied.

"What is it you feel for me?" Hades asked cupping his rosy cheek.

"I-I," Hades had to grin. It seemed that he had driven his love speechless. "I am very fond of you Hades."

"Just fondness Vangelis?" he whispered huskily.

Could he? Could he really tell Hades the feelings that were hidden in his heart? He had told himself over and over that there was not a chance that the god would want him, a young inexperienced boy. Yet, the look in Hades eyes....why did he just now notice it? Was he that much of a fool?

"You are the only one I want and I-"

Hades's lips fell upon his before he could finish his whole confession. All thoughts escaped his mind. Who he was, where they were, and the taboo of their relationship. Hades's sinful lips were the only thing on his mind.

Due in part to his wife Elpis's brow beating and Vangelis's pleading, he finally allowed him to learn the trade. Much to Solon's surprise Vangelis took to it faster than Simonides ever did. Solon was proud and partly afraid he would awaken from his slumber and find his son gone, off to sea.

By the time he had turned eighteen, Vangelis, along with his friend Ikaros who followed his son everywhere, had proven himself to be an amazing sailor and trader with his natural charisma, an eye for trade, and his love of the sea. However, as with everything in life, there was a darkness in presence of the light. He could do naught but watch as his other son Simonides grew hateful in his jealousy. Or, he thought sadly, he had always been that way.

He only hoped on their journey to the Cape of Malea that they could become a closer family.

Please Hera, help my family.

He could of sworn he heard the sharp sound of laughter in his ears.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Sorry the chapter is so short this time. This is what should have been on chapter six, however, I thought that Chapter six ended at a good place so I just made this little section its own chapter. Enjoy!