Violent Sunsets

Going on Tour

I was sitting in a café waiting for Gabe to arrive. I was fiddling around with my phone. After the Violent Sunsets concert, we’d been texting back and forth. We’d decided to set up a date and here I was waiting. I was kind of nervous about seeing him again. Luckily I had yet to scare him off.

I looked up from my phone as the door to the café opened and I smiled when I saw him. He really did clean up nice. The set of jeans and t-shirt made a stark contrast to the black cape I had seen him wearing at the concert. He spotted me, smiled, and made his way over to
where I was sitting.

“Hey,” I greeted happily.

“Hey.” He slid into the opposite side of the booth. “How have you been?”

“Pretty good. Derek’s finally off my case about going to one of his concerts.” Gabe chuckled.

“That’s good. I’m glad you went to the last one.”

“Yeah? Me too. I didn’t quite expect so many people to be dressed up. I mean I knew that Violent Sunsets’ fans like to dress up but in ninety something degree weather, that’s some serious craziness.”

“You do remember that I was one of those people that dressed up.” Gabe smiled at me and
I realized what I had just said.

“Yeah and like I’ve pointed out before I think you’re crazy for that. I suppose you’d call it serious dedication instead?”

Gabe nodded. “Makes me sound better.” The waitress came and brought our drinks that we had previously ordered.

“Well you and Steve are seriously dedicated then. Whatcha drinking?”

“Coffee, black.” My face scrunched up in disgust and Gabe upon noticing this just laughed.

“That’s gross. Black? No nothing, no sugar no cream? Coffee?” He nodded.

“Yeah. It’s not bad you want to try some.” He offered me his cup and I shook my head quickly.

“No,” I emphasized, “thank you. I’m happy with my hot cocoa.”

“You do realize it’s the middle of summer and ninety degrees out.” He took a sip of his coffee.

“Yeah, so what? Hot cocoa’s good anytime of the year.” He chuckled at me.

I’d say the date went pretty well. I really enjoyed hanging out with Gabe, despite the obvious differences between the two of us. We made plans for a second date and I really couldn’t wait.

I got to my apartment and wasn’t too surprise to find Derek sitting on my couch with a slice of pizza.

“Hey, waiting up for me?” I asked as I plopped down beside him and grabbed a slice from the box on the coffee table.

“No, can’t I just stop by and say hi to my sister.”

I laughed and got up to grab a drink from the fridge.

“So how was the date?” Derek called. I entered back into the living room and sat down taking a sip from my drink.

“It was…good.” I smiled remembering back. “We’re going on another soon.”

“You like this guy?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

I nodded and looked away from his questioning gaze. “Yeah.”

“Even though he’s a Violent Sunsets’ fan that dresses up.” Derek smirked. He’d heard me
rant about his crazy fans a million times.

I shrugged. “I know. But he doesn’t mind my opinions. You know how hard it is to find someone who can take my crap.”

He pulled me into a hug. “Yeah it takes a special kind of someone to get with your craziness.”

I laughed. “Thanks.”

“No problem. So listen…” the joking mood turned more somber as he looked at me. “We’re leaving on tour soon.”

“I know. I have your schedule up on the fridge.”

“Are you going to be okay while I’m gone?” I hated that he always got so worried to leave me alone. I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself. I’d been living on my own for three years now, granted he lived right down the hall.

“I’ll be fine.” I smiled reassuringly and squeezed his hand. “I promise.”

He nodded seriously. “Okay. You call me. You need anything, you call me,” he said seriously.

“I know. I will,” I said softly.

“It’s only for the next couple months, till the end of the summer. I plan on flying you out when we’re in California so I can see you.”

I smiled. “Fine but I’m not suffering through another one of your freak shows.”

“I could get tickets for you and the new boyfriend if you guys stay together that long.”

“We’ll see. He’d probably die if he could go to another one of your concerts in California.”

Derek chuckled. “We are pretty amazing.”

I shook my head and smiled. “Don’t get so full of yourself.”

“I won’t. Let’s grab dinner before I head out next week, okay?”

I nodded. “Sounds like a plan. Bye Derek.” I hugged him as he left back to his own
apartment.

“Bye, Sam.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this originally was just supposed to be the one chapter but I figured I could do something more with it so here's another chapter.