Violent Sunsets

Backstage Confrontations

We were waiting for our food to arrive as we sat at one of the tables in the restaurant. For some reason I turned the conversation to Troy and Steve.

“So what’s up with you and Steve?” I questioned even as I said it I knew it was really none of my business. I should learn to keep my mouth shut.

“What do you mean?” he asked nervously. I knew I should shut up but my mouth seriously has a mind of its own. I wanted to hear it from Troy what was really going on with him and Steve.

“I mean…you guys seem really close. Are you gay?”

Troy sighed. “Yeah I am. Steve will kill you if you say he’s gay. According to him he’s heterosexual. He’s attracted to females only.”

“But he likes you,” I smiled. “I can see it. Are you guys together?”

Troy smiled softly. “We’re not really together. We’re more like friends with benefits.”

“You think that’s because he won’t accept that he’s gay?”

“Maybe a little bit,” Troy thought. “But he’s not really gay more like bi. I mean he’s straight except when it comes to me, you know?” he smiled.

I nodded. “I get that. Do you want to be something more with Steve?”

“Maybe in the future I would. But I’m fine with how we are now. I don’t want to force him into anything he’s not ready for. We have a good time together. We don’t need to rush into any labels or anything.”

“Makes sense.”

The waiter came with our food and set it down in front of us. I took a bite out of my entrée.

“Mmm, this is so good!” I said taking another bite.

“Yeah, mine’s pretty good too.” I looked wearily at his plate.

“Really? That pile of whatever it was called?” I asked skeptically.

He nodded. “Yeah it’s good.”

“That’s good then. I’d never eat it. It looks gross.”

“I assure you. It’s not. Just eat your meal.”

I had a fun night with Troy. After the restaurant, we walked around browsing through various shops looking at everything. We even walked by a beach and grabbed some ice cream. When we called it a night and finally got back to the hotel room, the boys weren’t back yet. Troy and I went to bed. Tomorrow I was hanging out with Derek so I needed to get some rest.
--

“Backstage passes!” Steve exclaimed when Gabe showed him them on the way to the concert.

“Derek’s a pretty cool guy,” Gabe said.

“You do know, he’s gonna kill you if you hurt his sister.”

“Yeah but I don’t plan on hurting her and besides then I can say I got my ass kicked by
Derek of the Violent Sunsets.”

“It’s so cool man.”

The two men enjoyed the concert and couldn’t believe how lucky they were to get such awesome seats. After the concert they got to go backstage and it was the most amazing thing they’d ever seen in their entire lives. There in the dressing room were all the members of Violent Sunsets.

“Hey, guys,” Derek greeted. “What’d you think of the concert?”

“It was awesome! Thanks for the amazing tickets,” Gabe said as Steve stared wide-eyed around the room.

“You’re welcome.” Derek chuckled as he turned to Steve, “You okay there?”

“What?” Steve asked snapping out of it. The other members in the band laughed. “Yeah,
thanks for the tickets. I can’t believe I’m here right now.”

“So this is my sister’s boyfriend, Gabe,” Derek introduced pointing to Gabe, “and his friend,
Steve, right?” Steve nodded.

The band all greeted them happily and they hung out for a while until Derek said turning to the band, “Hey, guys do you think I could have a moment alone with Gabe here?” They nodded getting up.

Liz, the only women in the band, said, “Yeah, we’ll take Steve here down to that bar we went to last night. Meet us there when you’re done talking.”

“Sounds good.” Derek replied as the rest of the band and Steve shuffled out.

Liz leaned down to whisper in Derek’s ear, “Don’t be too hard on him.” Derek smiled at her.

“I’ll try.” She smiled back and left the two to talk.

“So…” Gabe started. “What do you want to talk about?” Obviously this was going to be about Sam.

“My sister,” Derek said seriously. “Listen, she means the absolute world to me. If you do anything, I mean anything to her, you’re dead.”

“I wouldn’t hurt her.”

“That’s what you have to say. Just like I have to say this.”

“I get that but I mean it. I won’t hurt Sam.”

“Good. “ Derek smiled and patted Gabe on the back. “How bout we go meet up with everyone else?”

Gabe smiled and nodded back. “Let’s go.”
--

“Little sis!” Derek exclaimed wrapping me up into a hug.

“Hey, Derek,” I replied. I’d left all three guys to their own devices while I went to have lunch with Derek.

We were led to a table and ordered our food.

“So how have you been, alright?” Derek asked seriously.

I smiled at him. “I’ve been good. How has the tour been?” I asked.

“It’s been fucking awesome,” Derek exclaimed. “It’s like a dream come true. Sam, you should have come with us. We’ve played so many different places and it’s all just…” he paused trying to think of some word that could explain his whole experience, “amazing!”

“That’s great, Derek. Who would have thought you guys would ever get this far.”

“I know.” The waiter brought our food and Derek decided to bring up Gabe.

“So how’s things with Gabe?” he asked.

I smiled slightly. “Really good. He doesn’t seem to mind any of my little comments, you know?” Derek nodded. “I thought that by now, he’d be sick of them but he just smiles and…it’s good. We kind of just work…”

“That’s good. So he’s treating you right? I don’t have to kick his ass,” Derek joked but I knew he was serious.

“Yeah he’s treating me right. You were nice to him at the concert, right?” I asked nervously.

“Yeah, relax. Him and Steve are pretty cool. We had a good time hanging out last night after the concert.”

“Good, I don’t need you chasing him away,” I teased. Derek smiled.