Status: New story

Nightmares

The talk with frank

Chapter 4
At the end of the night, Summer sat on the beach wiggling her toes in the sand. Once again she couldn't sleep and snuck out of the hotel room.
"Care for company?" A familiar voice said behind her. It was Frank walking up.
"I don't get to see the Pacific Ocean much being in Jersey," he smiled sitting next to her.
"Of course," Summer smiled. She enjoyed Frank's company tonight.
"I was thinking of waiting for the sun," Summer said looking at the horizon.
"Sounds like a plan," Frank agreed. Through the the night, Summer and Frank found themselves talking about random things about their tour experiences.
"So I was kind of curious why you were avoiding Mr. Vengeance tonight," Frank asked curiously.
"Was it that obvious?" Summer asked almost embarrassed.
"Just a little bit," Frank winked and pressing his fingers together.
"Well it's just," Summer paused, "Zacky and I have a past."
"Aaahhh, I see," Frank said, "it wasn't all bad was it?"
"Oh no, it was amazing," Summer could see that night in her thoughts. She closed her eyes.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry," Frank suddenly felt bad for asking. She nudged him in the shoulder.
"Don't. It's just that I keep having nightmares about Zacky," Summer sighed,"and that's why I'm up."
"I guess I can see why you would keep your distance," Frank commented, "but he might feel the same way."
"What do I say?" Summer could feel herself becoming frustrated. She did not want to lose it in front of Frank.
"That I cannot tell you. Come here," Frank gave her a hug. Summer suddenly felt safe in his arms.
She caught herself looking into his green eyes and noticed that they shined in the moonlight. Frank's lips fell on hers softly and she did not resist. They broke apart a bit startled but he had a longing that she had never seen before. He kissed her again more passionately and let his tongue dance with hers.
"I think we better get back," Summer said motioning to the hotel.
"Yeah, probably a good idea," Frank said nervously,"hey look..." He stopped when Summer put a finger to his lips.
"I kissed you back," she smiled.

Frank walked Summer back to her room at the hotel that evening.
"I guess this is my stop," Summer said shyly. She wasn't sure where her friendship with Frank was going after tonight.
"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow at the show," Frank put his hands in his pockets. They both started giggling at the shear awkwardness of the situation.
"Get outta here", Summer whispered opening the door. Frank ran down the hallway and blew her a kiss before turning the corner. Summer let out a sigh as she walked into the silence of the hotel room and looked at Andy. He was so sweet and beautiful but she felt that her heart needed something more. She didn't want to break his heart...