Status: New story

Nightmares

Workin for mcr

Chapter 5
Richelle woke up to the sound of Andy and Summer packing and talking excitedly about tonight's show. Richelle ruffled her hair and instantly wanted coffee.
"Morning," Summer smiled, "Coffee is on but we are leaving in an hour." Summer knew her best friend could not function without caffeine especially when they had been drinking. After a quick shower, Summer and Richelle headed down to the lobby. Everyone had sunglasses on and were drinking coffee. No one was talking except in whispers. Matt turned and smiled when he saw the ladies enter the lobby with luggage in tow. His aviators were shining in the morning sun. Richelle thought it was a perfect sight first thing in the morning. She took a sip of coffee and smiled back. Richelle was starting to develop a crush on Mr. Sanders but she had sworn to never get involved with rock stars. They were great to hang out with but not to "date". Richelle was keeping her heart to herself because Gerard had giving it back to her in pieces. Her and Gerard were still friends and flirted but that was it. Richelle made peace with herself and vowed never to get involved with rock stars, at least romantically, again.
As everyone checked out, Summer and Richelle headed for the bus and then on to San Diego Sports Arena for the first show of the tour. Summer put on her credentials and passed them out the band. She was Black Veils personal assistant while Richelle "keeper of the wardrobe!" for the band. Anxious fans waited outside the venue hoping to catch a glimpse of the bands. Summer remembers when she stood where they did, hoping for a smile and a wave. Sometimes she wished her and Richelle were, it was less complicated and she got more sleep.
"Are you fricking serious?" Richelle exclaimed. Her shout broke Summer's train of thought.
"I got a text from Gerard and their personal assistant just bailed," Richelle passed her phone to Summer.
"So why don't you do it," Summer suggested, "I know you can."
Richelle shot her a look and then looked at her phone.
"Strictly professional of course," Summer replied with a giggle.
"Strictly professional," Richelle began texting Gerard back with a grunt. What was she getting herself into to? Just helping out a friend and his band right? She put her phone down.
"Let's see if he bites," Richelle walked away and began sorting outfits.
There was a sudden knock in the bus door. Summer opened it and in came Gerard with a smirk.
"You're hired."