Lets Just Say I Have Issues

4/4

A couple of weeks into the tour, we are at a hotel. We have the day out. I am relaxing in the shower, the cold water running down my back after hitting my head. This felt amazing. I was enjoying it before I heard my phone ring. I was done with my shower. I got out and wrapped myself in a towel. I reach for my phone. Tyler’s name was at the top. I press answer and put it on speaker.

“Hey Mr. Tyler,” I say as I answer.
“Hi girly,” Tyler says, “Come open your door. I’ve been out here for like 2 minutes now.”
“Sorry, I was in the shower,” I reply with. little did she know she was falling in love
“It’s cool. I can wait,” He says.
I walk out to my suitcase, “Nah, I am getting dressed right now; I’ll be a couple more minutes.”
“Take your time,” He chimes in.
I put my phone down and slide on my bra and shirt. I slip on my underwear. I yanked up my skinny jeans, “Alright, talk to you in a bit.”
“Okay,” He says as he hangs up.

I brush my hair up into a ponytail. I walk to the door and open it. Tyler quickly gets up off the floor from where he was sitting. He hands me a single white rose, my favorite. I take it and smell it. Mm, sweet, I love it.

“Ummm, I was thinking we could do lunch and then go to the amusement park,” Tyler says.
“Like a date?” I ask.
“Yeah, like a date,” He says.
“Tyler, Michael isn’t going to be happy,” I say.
“Ty is distracting Michael till we get back,” Tyler states.
“Alright, fuck it, let’s do it,” I say to him.

I pull him in my room and close the door. I put the rose down on the desk by the window. I put on my socks and my toms. I put on a bit of makeup. I look over at Tyler, who seems to be doing something on his phone. I finish and look at him.

“Come on,” I say.
“You look so damn cute,” He says.
“Why thank you, good sir,” I say as I giggle a bit.

He gets up. I grab my phone and wallet and the hotel room keys. I slide them all into my pockets. He opens the door and gestures for me to go ahead. I walk out of the room and he follows me out. We walk rather quickly by Michael’s and Sky’s door, because it was open a crack. We take the stairs down and walk out the front door of the hotel.

“So, where is this lunch?” I ask.
“Um, well there is pizza, Subway, Taco Bell, Wendy’s, and a diner just down the street then a left,” Tyler answers.
“The diner,” I pick, “I love diners.”
“See, I didn’t know that,” Tyler says.
“There is a lot you don’t know about me,” I state.
“Then tell me everything about your life,” Tyler says.

“I came out of my mother April 10th 1991, in a small hospital outside of Atlanta, Georgia. Michael moved in right next door, when I was 3. I hated the shit of Michael. Our parents were great friends, we had play dates. I’d shove his face into dirt. I use to go to his house to get baby sat by his parents. My parents would baby sit him at my house. We went to school together, rode the same bus until we were sophomores in high school. Michael didn’t tell me about his Tourettes till 8th grade. I excelled in history class and English. I use to be Michael’s tutor for those classes. High school was fun. I was that girl that went to parties and make out with everyone from being inebriated. 10th grade is when Michael and I went out, like the second month in. We were like that couple that was always together. We dated for a few months after that. We were sure we were the ones for each other. The Christmas that happened during the dating, Michael gave me a promise ring. We had a talk one day and we decided we were better off friends. It took us until that summer to finally getting comfortable with each other again. Michael was my first, honestly. He was good, so you have that to compete with,” I chuckle as I look at Tyler as he was taking all this in.

“Continue,” He insisted. We should have gotten taxi to this diner.

“11th grade was me battling my depression that I got diagnosed with. I got better by 12th grade. Michael was a huge help. I slowly swung off my anti-depressants. After graduation, I ran off to California. I believe from what I’ve read on the internet, you two had just started A Path Less Traveled by the time I had gotten settled in Cali,” I say.

“I met Michael at a house party. We weren’t drinking. We talked and decided to start a band. I could have almost met you, if you were still there,” He says.

I nod, “Yeah, anyways. I moved back to Atlanta as I started school. I took my parents’ old house so they didn’t have to sell it. I am setting up a recording studio, in the house, once I get a stable job and finish college in a year…now you are all caught up.”

“Wow,” Tyler says, “That’s awesome.

We arrived at this diner. It was cute and small. We walk to a booth in the back. We sit down. A waitress comes by, who was way too happy to be working in a diner.

“What can I get you two to drink?” She asks.
“I’ll have tea, no lemon,” I say.
“I’ll have diet,” Tyler says.
“Okay, coming right up,” She leaves.
“She’s too fucking happy to be working here,” I say.
“Just a little bit,” Tyler says.

I laugh as I look at menu, Tyler doing the same. I yawn quietly as I cover my mouth. I feel my phone buzz. Please please don’t be Michael. I take out my phone as I look at it.

Hey, I know Tyler and you are on a date. I want to talk to you when you two get back. You fucking promise you wouldn’t date anyone in the band. You broke a promise. You seem stressed anyway, I think you should go home and focus on school. I slide my phone back into my pocket.

“Who was that?” Tyler asks.
“Just my dad,” I lie.

The waitress comes by with our drinks. She puts them on the table. We order our food. He observes me as I play with my hair. I didn’t know what to say. I felt so bad about breaking my promise with Michael, but Tyler was so cute and super nice. Falling In love with him really. Tyler say something and it breaks me out of my trance.

“I’m sorry. What did you say?” I ask.
“I said what are you thinking about?,” He repeats himself.
“That pulls me out of my trance, sorry. Nothing,” I answer.
"Alright?" Tyler says in a questioning way.

Our food arrived and we ate. Tyler paid the bill. I left tip. We took a taxi back to the hotel. I walk with Tyler to his room.

"This was nice," Tyler says.
"It really was," I say with a smile.

Tyler kisses my cheek then goes in his hotel room. I turn around and walk back down the hall to my room. I hear someone walk up behind me.

"Look who it is, fucking promise breaker," I hear the person say, it was Michael.
“Look Michael, can we talk about this in my room, so we don’t cause a scene,” I ask nicely.
“Fine, but just to let you know, it hurts,” He grumbles.

We walk into my room and I slide in the ‘Do Not Disturb’ thing. Michael sits down on the chair. I take my place on the bed, just looking at him.

“Why?” is all he manages to speak.
“Why what?” I ask.
“Why Tyler? Why did you break the promise?” Michael says.
“Tyler has been nothing but nice, sweet, charming, perfect to me since I met the band. I broke the promise because Tyler was all those things and ask me out on a date. You should have talked to him also,” I defend.
“I didn’t think I would have too,” Michael states under his breath.
“Can it Michael! I can’t help that Tyler likes me! I can’t just be rude so I don’t fucking fall for him! I can’t help that we didn’t work out! We came to an agreement! If you ask me it sounds like you still fucking like me!” I bark at him.
“I don’t fucking like you! But that fact is YOU PROMISED ME AND YOU FUCKING TOLD ME YOU WOULDN’T DATE ANY OF THE FUCK HEADS IN MY BAND, BECAUSE THAT AUTOMATICALLY PUTS ME IN THE MIDDLE AND I DON’T THINK I COULD PICK A SIDE! YOU MATTER MORE THAN THIS STUPID BAND!” Michael barks back.

At this point I start to cry. I feel so overwhelmed with emotions right now.

“LEAVE! I’LL BE GONE TOMORROW! GOOD LUCK EXPLAINING TO TYLER!” I whine at him.

He just sighed and left, making sure to slam my door nice and loud. I sniffle and look down at my hands. I groan and walk into the bathroom. I fill up the tiny bathtub I have. I strip my clothes and I get in. I relax against the warm water and the tiny bit warmed ceramic. I let the tears keep falling. Bathing in my tears, looking at my awful body. I reach over to get my phone and I look at the couple of texts messages from Tyler I got.

I want you to know, after tour, I will see you and date you, kiss you, and make love to you no matter what Michael thinks.
I like you a lot. I’ll try to talk to him.

I look at them. I feel more tears swell up and fall out. I got a text from my mother.
How’s the tour going? How are things with you and Michael?
I groan and type a reply. The tour is going great. Things with Michael are going great.

I lied but she doesn't need to know. I put my phone back on the place where I had it. I get out of the tub and wrap myself in a towel. I dry off and put on panties and my sport bra. I throw on an oversized shirt. I pulled up my hair into a ponytail. I sit on my bed. I open my laptop and type up the rest of my paper. I submit it to my professor. I look at my assignments, realizing that I am 100% done with my work. I close my laptop and bring my knees to my chest. There is a small knock on my door. I get up and open the door.

“Yes?” I say before looking to see that it’s Ty.
“Food run, what do you want?” Ty asks.
“Umm, I’ll take whatever,” I answer.
“Alright, feel better baby girl,” Ty says with a smile.
“Thanks sweetie,” I say nicely, and hand him my key, “Here is my key, in case I’m asleep or something.”
“Alright will do,” Ty says with a smile.

Ty kisses my cheek. He leaves and I close my door. I get back on my bed. I turn on the TV and flipped to Sy-Fy, it had Quantum Leap re-runs. It’s my favorite. My phone chimes and I look at it. Mom pops on the screen.
Are you two dating again?

Ouch. I reply rather quickly No Mom, we aren’t.
Shame I owe his mom ten dollars now.
DID YOU BET ON IF MICHAEL AND I WOULD GET TOGETHER?!?
Yes, but we never thought that you two would run into each other again.
Fuck you mom.

I threw my phone to the floor. I’d pick it back up later. It’s not too nice, at least I have an excuse to buy a new one. I hear knocks on my door. I get out quickly and wrap myself up in a towel and open the door a little.

‘Yes?” I ask before I even register who it is, Ty.
“Food,” He says as he hands me a bag.
“What do I owe?” I ask.
“Ten dollars,” He answers.

I give a tenner from my wallet, handing it to him then taking the food. He smiles and I wave him. I close my door. I crawl into bed and eat my food. I was leaving no matter what Michael or Tyler thought. I pack as I eat. Slowly getting everything together. I also slid some clothes on. I buy a plane ticket, sighing to myself. This was it, it was fun, I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
No Desire to finish this story, so sorry.