You're Mine

July 4 - 5, 2000

"No, no, no." I smiled as Tate pressed against me. "You're too tense Jos, loosen up." He grabbed my arms and swung me from side to side as to 'loosen' me up. He was teaching me to shoot a gun, he'd thought the fourth of July would be the best time for practice as the sound would be masked by the fireworks. I still had no idea where he'd even gotten the small pistol, but he assured me that no one would come looking for it.

"Don't think about it just," he leaned closer to my face, lowering the gun a bit, "relax." The feel of his breath against my neck made the gun the absolute last thing on my mind. I closed my eyes and squeezed. The bang was closely followed by the sound of shattering glass.

"Ok, now let's try a bigger target." I opened my eyes to see Tate hurrying over to where the bottle was. A big smile covered his face as he outstretched his arms and tossed his head back. I fired three rounds into his chest cavity and he fell to the ground with a thud.

"Not bad, I think." I stated, running over to Tate and straddling him as he lay on the cold floor of the basement. "You probably should have moved or something though." I sighed, tracing the pattern on his shirt. A moving target would have been good practice, but Tate seemed to enjoy me practicing my killing on him. I'd already stabbed him, drowned him, and now I'd shot him. My only thought was that he was testing me, seeing how much of it I could take. Honestly, I didn't think anything could top dismembering my piece of shit father when I was sixteen.

"Tate?" It was taking him longer than usual to come gasping back to life. "Tate..." I grabbed onto his shoulders, shaking him as forcefully as I could. "You're not being funny!" My heartbeat had just began to increase when he finally cracked a smile and I slapped him. "You're such an ass." He had begun to laugh harder now and I went to stand up when he grabbed onto my waist, flipping me so that I was beneath him.

"Did I scare you?" He whispered leaning close so that I could feel his breath on my lips. Tate loved this part; his tease. He knew what power he had over me, the shivers he could send rushing through my body with just the right gaze or touch. I squeezed my legs together between his.

"You know I don't get scared." I calmly stated, unable to break his gaze for even a second. It wasn't a complete lie; I didn't get scared when I was with Tate.

"I know." He leaned back so that he could look at me properly and grinned. He was perfect; sweet Tate, my Tate. I leaned forward, pressing my lips into his and for the first time he didn't back away. He kissed me back and I was consumed. Tate had completed the final chapter in the story that was to be ours, I was his and at long last he had taken me. The final piece of my innocence was being removed; and so it was to begin.

I ignored the screams, the sirens, the pleads for help. Nothing mattered anymore; I was their Savior. I would free them; free their damned souls from the horrors of this wretched world. My name would forever be etched in the hearts of those touched by today. I would live eternally beside Tate, but I would not trap myself inside the Murder House.

I opened the door to my American Lit. class and took two steps inside. The entire class, including my teacher Mrs. Graham were huddled in the far corner whimpering like a group of frightened puppies. I pressed a single finger to my lips.

"P-Please, Joseline..." Mrs. Graham stammered, tears streaming down her face as she wrapped her arms protectively around a few of the students. I felt nothing. I couldn't feel sad for something that I felt wasn't in fact sad at all. I raised the pistol and fired a single shot into her forehead.

"Jesus Christ!" One of the boys screamed before standing up and charging towards me. Without blinking I fired one shot into his chest and as he lay on the floor beside Mrs. Graham, bleeding out, I could see the hopelessness in the rest of the student's eyes. Yesterday they had no idea who I was and after today they would never forget me.

"I'm not Jesus." I told the boy, turning my back on the students and making my way back towards the hallway.

"Freeze!" The door had barely swung closed behind me. I twirled around, leaving my gun down by my side. S.W.A.T. had finally made it to the school, more than likely better prepared after Tate. I gave a friendly smile.

"How many was that?" I asked as politely as possible.

"Drop the weapon!" Another shouted at me.

"How many was that?" I calmly repeated.

"Thirteen confirmed, now drop your weapon!" I couldn't help but to laugh out loud. Including the two in the class I'd just left that made fifteen. "This is your last warning!"

Closing my eyes, I thought of Tate. I wanted my last memory to be of him, of his beautiful smile that always seemed too big for his face, those dark eyes that could pull you in as if he himself were the Pacific in which he loved so much. I raised my gun just as Tate's final words to me drifted through my mind like a whisper;


"I love you Joseline, do you hear me? I've loved you since the moment I first saw you; so small and yet unafraid of everything. I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there it is dearies! What did you think? You can tell me if you hated it, honestly. I promise to still love you.

Xx