Room With No Windows

Sharing A Shower Preserves Water.

I didn't realize how tired I'd been until I woke up and saw that Elsa was already up. I was usually up before her, so seeing her up this early felt strange.
But what was most alarming was seeing her on the phone as she paces the room.
"He called you? Yes, mom, I'm fine. No...I was just-you won't let me explain. Mom-"
"Elsa?"
She frowns when she notices me watching her. Her eyes stay glued to me as she continues to insist.
"Mother, would you listen? I didn't want you to find out this way so I could tell you in person what happened. Isaac left me here, though I bet he left out that little detail, didn't he?"
Her face suddenly lights up with rage. "Of course he didn't! Because he doesn't have the guts to admit what he did to me!"
I wince at the returning pain in her eyes. I hadn't seen it since she stood on the side of the road while her fiancee drove off.
"Look, I don't want to talk about it over the phone. I already got in contact with Nicky and called her to ask her to come get me. She said she would bring me home as soon as she could."
My chest constricts. The thought of her leaving made a hole burn in the pit of my stomach. What would it be like when the time came when she actually had to go?
Elsa gets off the phone with her mother and sighs heavily. I sit up, my hands limp in my lap. "What happened?" I mutter.
"She found out," she explains. "Isaac asked her if she heard from me. I didn't think he'd call her. So my mom flipped out on him, since she thought he was with me. God, I wonder what bullshit lie he made up to save his own skin."
I bite my lip. When Isaac had called me, I was baffled as to how he got my number. But if Elsa's mother was the one to tell him, wouldn't she have called first to see what was up when the supposed new number turned out to not be his? It just didn't add up.
Ellie sat down next to me, keeping her eyes fixated away from me. "This isn't how I wanted things to happen."
My gut wrenches and I pull her into my chest. I could tell that she wanted to cry by the sound of her voice.
"It's going to be okay," I murmur into her hair, giving her shoulders a squeeze.
She huffs in response. "Thanks. I'm gonna take a shower."
I let go of her and nod. "Alright."
Rising from the bed, Elsa makes her way over to the other side of the room. She stops as she reaches the hallway and turns back to me, biting her lip. "Would you like to join me?"
I feel my senses stand to attention. Did those words really just come out of her mouth?
"Wh-what?" I stammer lamely.
A blush rises in her cheeks. "I mean, only if you want. It was just an idea. It's okay if you don't want to-"
"No," I blurt out without thinking about it further. "That'd be...nice." I offer her a playful smile. "Besides, we'd be saving water."
She rolls her eyes, peeling off my flannel shirt, leaving her in her camisole, and flinging it at me. I chuckle and follow her as we head into the bathroom.
The tension reappears when I shut the door. Elsa turns her back to me to pull her shirt over her head. I gulp and do the same, my heart pounding up to my throat. She was undressing right behind me, but I couldn't seem to grasp it; I couldn't grasp the idea of seeing her naked.
At that instant, I get the urge to make a run for it right out of the bathroom.
That was before I see her shorts being kicked aside.
Fuck.
I look over my shoulder, gaping at her nearly naked form. She had an amazing figure. Her curves were subtle, but nonetheless remarkable. Her breasts were still covered with a black bra, and her hair tumbled down her back elegantly. I was used to seeing her in underwear by now, but I didn't think witnessing her in a bra would have such a stronger effect on me.
Elsa turns the handles, sending water bursting out of the shower head. She tests the temperature by outstretching her hand. "Still a little cold."
I clench my hands into fists. A cold shower was probably what I needed. I was afraid to take off my pants.
"What's wrong?" she asks, raising an eyebrow. I clear my throat. "Y-you're just...you're so beautiful."
Her eyes soften before looking away. I watch her reach behind her back and release the hooks of her bra before peeling off her underwear, revealing herself to me. I swallow thickly, unable to tear my gaze from her body as she steps into the shower. "It's warm."
That's not the only thing, I think as my finger fumble with the button on my jeans. I remove them along with my boxers, joining her in the shower before I could regret it.
The water soaks our hair and skin, her caramel colored hair turning slightly dark as she slicks it back. I bite my lip and stand under the shower head and closer to her.
Elsa circles her arms around my neck, sending my pulse racing. I could feel the adrenaline in my ears as well as the rush of excitement. But I didn't allow myself to touch her.
"John," she whispers. "You don't have to be such a gentleman with me."
She guides my hands to her hips. It's a good thing we were in the shower so she couldn't acknowledge my sweaty palms.
"I don't trust myself," I mutter. "Of what could happen."
"Let it happen." She runs her hands through my wet hair, parting her lips and staring up at me with pleading eyes. I groan. "Don't."
Her hands slide down my stomach and I shiver with forbidden pleasure.
"Just kiss me," Elsa sighs, rising on her tippy toes to graze my lips with hers. "Just once, kiss me without being afraid or feeling sorry for me."
"I've never felt sorry for you," I point out for clarification. "I just want to do things right."
She kisses my jaw. "I don't."
I grit my teeth. Why was she so stubborn and so... irresistibly convincing?
"I thought you were going to take a shower," I mutter broodingly.
"I was," she says, kissing beneath my ear. I feel a pang in my stomach.
"God, Elsa," I breathe, gripping her hips tighter. She straightens, letting out a slight gasp as my mouth presses against hers hungrily. I push her back against the wall, lifting her legs to wrap them around my waist.
Elsa moans, igniting something deep within me, and I deepen the kiss. It felt so good to finally give in to temptation.
I hear Ruby start barking, soon followed by footsteps. "John! You home?"
It was Jared, who apparently decided to let himself in.
Breaking away, I untangle myself from Elsa, placing her on her feet. I never felt more conflicted about having someone showing up at my house. I was a bit more thankful than anything, though.
The only problem was going to be leaving the bathroom.

I had Elsa make up some lie, telling Jared I went to the store so he would go away. Ruby had fallen asleep, which made ignoring Elsa a lot more difficult. She stayed in the shower while I returned to the room, a complete frustrated mess.
She had no idea what she provoked in me. I wanted to give her what she wanted, but I couldn't take advantage of her like that. No matter how hard I tried.
Besides, I knew that the main reason she was doing this was because of what she was going through. She was fragile; it wouldn't be fair.
Elsa steps in front of me, fully dressed (thank God). "I'm sorry I keep doing this to you."
I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "You have nothing to apologize for. It's fine, Ellie."
"It's not fine." She sits down beside me. "I hope I didn't scare you back to the couch. I'll wear clothes this time, I promise."
I laugh, finding her genuine concern amusing. "I'll sleep with you, darlin'." She smiles and I press my lips to hers, gently. Then in a soft tone, I say, "No demons are stealing you away from me tonight."
♠ ♠ ♠
Steamy enough?!?!?