Room With No Windows

Got You Covered.

We somehow ended up splayed out across the small couch, with Elsa's head on my chest and my long legs dangling off the edge. I couldn't say I was complaining.
She drapes her arm over me, groaning at the sun that had already woke me up thirty minutes ago and digging her face into my shoulder.
I smirk. "Mornin', Ellie."
"Hmm?"
Wiggling my fingers beneath her ribcage, I get her to sit up and chuckle. "I said good morning."
She stretches and hums, smiling brightly. "I guess we fell asleep."
"You mean you fell asleep," I correct her.
"Why didn't you just wake me up?"
I shrug, running a hand through my ruffled hair. "I didn't want to get you all grumpy."
Elsa rolls her eyes. "I wouldn't have gotten grumpy. But I'm gonna go take a shower."
I nod, moving aside to let her stand. She disappears down the small hallway and I make my way over to my bed. I let myself fall back and sigh. It was too early to have so many things racing through my head. Mostly, I was imagining her warmth once more when we slept on the couch. She'd been so close to me, and I felt like a creep for taking advantage to wrap my arms around her. It felt forbidden. Despite everything that was happening, she still wore a ring around her finger, and that was enough for me to back off.
But that prick doesn't even deserve her, a small voice in the back of my mind tells me. He treated her like shit and completely broke her. I haven't known Elsa for long, but I knew I wasn't going to let it happen again. Whatever she decided to do, I wouldn't let him hurt her.
My thoughts are interrupted by a knock. I look over and see Halvo with a smug look. Rolling my eyes, I tell him to come in.
He plops down on my couch, folding his arms behind his head. "So what happened with the girl?"
I sigh. "She's staying here. She-"
"Whoa, she's still here? She must have been pretty good if this happened on more than one occasion."
"No, you idiot," I scoff. "She wasn't a fucking hookup. She needed some serious help, so I'm letting her stay while she gets things sorted out."
Eric raises an eyebrow. "Help? What kind of help?"
Just then, I hear the door open up behind me and Elsa speaking rushingly. "John, don't look okay, I forgot to take my clothes and-" She gasps widely and I feel my heart pounding. Was she naked behind me?
I snap my head around, my eyes widening seeing her wrapped in a towel. The towel that I usually used for my waist and therefore wasn't very long. She was hugging it to herself with a horrified expression.
"I-I'm so sorry," she stammers, her mouth gaping like a fish and her cheeks a deep red. She stood there helpless, with nowhere to hide. I jump to my feet and snatch up the first shirt and underwear I find. "Here," I mutter, trying to avoid staring at her by looking anywhere but directly at her. She blushes even harder and scurries away, back to the bathroom.
I stand there for a few more seconds, trying to recollect myself before turning around. Eric crosses his arms and smirks. "So you're 'helping' her, huh?"
"Shut up, you dick," I groan, throwing my hands over my face.
She really did have amazing timing.

Halvo left before she came back, not wanting her feel more embarrassed than she probably was.
When she did come back, she was trying to use her sweatshirt as much as possible to cover her exposed underwear.
Shorts, I realize, I forgot to give her shorts.
I swallow thickly, taking in her bare legs.
Elsa clears her throat and scratches the back of her head. I look away. "Sorry."
That's technically my sweatshirt, I think, my thoughts still waging inside. She's wearing my sweatshirt.
"It's okay," she mumbles. "I didn't mean to walk in like that. I wasn't expecting your friend to be here-"
"My fault," I say, shaking my head.
She bites her lip. "Did you explain to him?"
I sigh, sitting on the edge of my bed. "Yeah. Knowing him, though, he's still going to give me shit for it."
"I'm sorry."
I shoot her a lopsided smile. "I'm just relieved you weren't naked when I turned around," I answer honestly.
That got a small giggle out of her, and she joins me on the bed. It was still early in the day, but I don't think either of us had anything to do. "Did you finish your assignments?" I ask.
"No," she sighs, pouting. "I should probably do that now."
I chuckle. "Laptop's on the table."
Bad idea.
She smiles, getting up and making her way over to the coffee table, giving me a good view. Her light blue underwear made it hard not to stare a her perfect heart-shaped butt.
I rub my neck, trying to avert my eyes. Okay, so maybe having a girl around wasn't the easiest thing to do as I originally thought. Finding a way to not...think things was going to be difficult.
"I'm, uh, gonna work on some writing," I tell her as she sits back down beside me, hoping to distract myself with the best way I knew how.
"Alright," she says, grinning. "Are you gonna play something, too?"
I force a laugh. "I'll see."

By the time I heard Elsa announce she was hungry, I had four pages full of writing. Some of it went together, and some were just random thoughts, but it was still a hell of a lot.
I close my notebook and place it on the coffee table. I'd long since moved from the bed to the couch, knowing that I wouldn't be able to think straight being so close to her and with her half naked.
"Do you want to go out for food or stay here?"
Elsa purses her lips, contemplating. "I think I'd rather just stay indoors. I'm too lazy to go searching for food."
I laugh. "Fair enough."
Raiding Peter's fridge, we're able to score some peanut butter and jelly for a sandwich. She grabs a different spoon from the one I'm using to make them and dunks it in the peanut butter before placing it in her mouth. "Yummy, extra crunchy."
I raise both eyebrows, smiling at her devoted passion for food. That's what I liked about her; she wasn't afraid of being childish.
"This is exactly what I needed after that paper," she sighs.
I sit by the island table. "What are you studying?"
"I'm majoring in Psychology at the University of Chicago," she states proudly. "I fell in love with it my senior year when I took the class for an AP course."
I grin. "That's awesome."
"Did you ever go to college?" she asks curiously, accepting the sandwich I made for her.
"I went for two years, then dropped out to tour with the band," I explain. "I think it worked out for the best."
Elsa takes a bite out of the sandwich, nodding. "I think it did, too."
My phone suddenly rings and I dig it out of my pocket. It was some number I didn't recognize.
"Hello?"
"Where's Elsa?"
I freeze. The voice sounded familiar, even though I'd heard it only once before and at a distance.
"Who's this?" I ask, feeling the tension grow in my shoulders.
"Isaac. Who are you? Why isn't Elsa answering the phone?"
I clench my jaw as I feel the anger boiling in my stomach. How the hell did he even get my number?
"You have the wrong number," I mutter before hanging up.
"Who was that?" Elsa asks through her mouthful, completely oblivious that had just been her fiancee on the phone.
"No one," I lie.
She nods and puts her food down. "I was going to ask you something."
I clear my throat. "What?"
With a bashful look, she whispers, "Can I sleep with you in your bed again?"
A smirk threatens to show, my lips twitching as I answer. "Depends, are you keeping your pants off?"
She blushes. "I-I-"
"Yes," I chuckle. "That's fine, Ellie."
I was going to hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! Yet another chapter with a couple awkward moments...Embarrassing or what?
Thank you to anyone who comments!