Room With No Windows

Please Stay. (Collide)

Waking up the next morning with my nose in her hair had to be my favorite moment. There was nothing better than feeling her soft skin against mine, while I trailed my fingers against her back. Her parents never came home for whatever reason, but Ellie said she'd call them later. She was in need of sleep.
I hadn't gotten any; I would keep having the same two dreams. Both of them included her, but they were different. In one Elsa was begging me to leave as she stood inside my small excuse for a "home." She was kicking me out and all I could do was ask her why.
The other was more startling. I was the one begging her, but it was to stay. And as she walked out the door, a flight of white stairs appeared that she ascended. Every time I would try following her I would feel dozens of tiny rings being thrown at me. As she reached the final stair, a hand clutched her neck and she gasped and I awoke before she could scream.
I spent the entire time in bed, as I waited for her to open her eyes, trying to figure out and understand what they could mean.
But I don't think I wanted to understand.
Elsa snores softly and her lips part as she nuzzles into my neck. My mouth twitches and I kiss the corner of her eye. She sighs, her eyelashes fluttering open.
"Good morning," I whisper.
She giggles. "Morning."
"How do you feel?"
"Wonderful," she says with a pleased smile. I was still trying to grasp that there was no fabric between us under the sheets; just her body against mine.
I bite my lip. "Last night was really...incredible. I don't even have words."
Her hand slides into my hair as she grins. "It was amazing. I'm happy we did it."
"So am I," I chuckle until I realize that the condoms in my bags hadn't been used. I freeze. "Shit..Ellie-"
"I take the pill," she murmurs, as if reading my mind. "The rest of it was just a safety precaution."
I sigh in relief and raise my eyebrows. "Why didn't you tell me that sooner?"
"Because I wasn't sure if I was ready before," she says with a shrug. I guess I couldn't blame her.
We lay there in silence for a moment longer until she gasps. "Are my parents still not back yet?"
"No," I chuckle. "And in this case, it's a good thing they aren't. Your dad would have kicked my ass if he found me in your bed. Not to mention my extreme nakedness."
She rolls her eyes and giggles, ordering me to put some clothes on before climbing out of bed. She wraps one of the sheets around her like a dress, making her look no less than a goddess. Fuck, she was gorgeous.
After slipping on my boxers and jeans, I trod downstairs with her to the kitchen. She had slipped on a t-shit and I wasn't sure if it was better or worse than the bed sheet.
It was a bit of both.
Elsa pops in two pieces of bread in the toaster before turning to me with a smirk. "Hungry?"
I lift her up onto the counter and brush my lips against her neck. "Mmhmm."
She sighs, delving her fingers into my hair. I let my hands slide along her hips, grazing the tops of her thighs. It's not until there's a faint buzzing that I break away.
"I think that's my phone," she mutters, hopping down and making her way into the living room to search for it. I follow behind. "Maybe it's your parents."
She nods and answers. "Hello? Hey, mom. Where are you and dad?....What? What have you been doing at the hospital all night?....Oh my God. Is she okay?....Oh my God...why didn't you call me?...Oh...Yeah, you're starting to break up...okay....I'm going there now."
After they hang up, I frown at the worry on her face. "What happened?"
"It's Nicky," she explains, rushing back into the kitchen to grab the toast that had popped out of the oven and disappearing into the room. "She got into an accident. Someone tried running her off the road."
"What?"
She nods, running a shaky hand through her hair. "I'm going to take my brother's car. He keeps it in the garage."
I rest my hand on the small of her back, attempting to comfort her and calm her down. "Are you sure you don't want me to drive you?"
"It's fine, I need you to stay here anyway in case Tristan comes over and needs to know where we are. There's not really any reception at the hospital, which is why my mom couldn't call me earlier. I doubt she can get a hold of him."
"Okay," I mumble, feeling my stomach churn. The turn of events made me uneasy. Why would they want to run her sister off the road?
Elsa mutters a quick goodbye and what hospital she'd be at to let Tristan know. I watch her leave in the black SUV and sigh. She left her phone with me in case he called. I think she was so flustered with worry that she didn't think of leaving him a message before she left.
I send him a text for her, explaining the situation. I figure he'd want to know.
The whole thing made me restless. How could I just sit here waiting around? I got that it was none of my business because I wasn't related to them, but I know I'd want Ellie next to me if it were one of my younger brothers.
There's a ringing, but it wasn't from her phone. I dig mine out of my pocket to check the screen. Recognizing Nicky's number, I answer immediately. "Nicky?"
"John," she says, her voice dripping with relief. "Thank God. I'm trying--call El-a but it w-- work. Are y---her?"
"Am I what?" I mutter. It really was shitty reception over there.
"Elsa, is she with you?" she asks more rushed and urgent.
I shake my head out of habit. "She just left a while ago to see you at the hospital. How are you fee-"
"JOHN YOU CAN'T LET HER COME HERE," she almost shouts. I hear her hiss in pain.
"Why-"
"You have to go get her please, before she gets hurt."
My eyebrows furrow as I stand from the stool, my pulse picking up. "Nicky, why would she be in danger?"
"It w--Isaac."
I feel my jaw tighten and I instantly raced to the door, not bothering with a shirt or her phone.
"Nicky," I say harshly as I climb into my truck and start the engine, quickly pulling out of the driveway. "Nicky, stay on the line. What happened?"
"It wasn't an accident. I--c said he'd be -aiting f--er on the high-ay."
My eyes widen and I step on the gas. He was waiting for her. He knew she'd go straight to her. How the fuck was I going to stop her? Fuck. She left her phone with me.
Fuck.
I spot the SUV a few cars up in the next lane and speed up to swerve in a few yards behind her. We were nearing the highway and I could feel the tension in my shoulders. I had to do something.
Blasting the horn, I watch anxiously as she drives ahead. I could see her looking in the rear view mirror. She could see me. She had to see me.
My palm stays pressed against the horn, hitting it repeatedly. The blood was pounding in my ears. Why wasn't she listening to me?
Almost in slow motion, I see a car from the corner of my eye cross the intersection, heading at a speed that could only stand for one thing: intention.
It only took a slicing split second to make impact, the impact that made my throat go dry and my heart crumble like the glass of the windshield as I screamed. "Elsa!"
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for my leave of absence on Mibba! This update is long overdue....another one is probably needed soon after that "crash" ending..